The Best Android Tablet for
Mobile gaming is now more popular than console gaming.
After all, you can game just about anywhere you want – and stay connected to the rest of the world!
And while playing on your phone is great, that small screen can really put a damper on your game.
Which is why many gamers prefer tablets.
And the thing is, all tablets are not made the same.
You need to choose the tablets that have specs that are going to enhance your gaming experience, so don’t expect to just pick up any tablet and expect to get the same gameplay.
Table Of Content
Top 10 Best Android Tablet
1. Samsung Galaxy Tab 6
If you are an Android lover, then you can’t do better than the Samsung Galaxy Tab 6.
This tablet runs on the Snapdragon 855 processor, which makes it lightning-fast, and this processor is backed by a 6 or 8 GB RAM.
The 10.5-inch screen has an AMOLED display, which makes images crystal clear and colors stunning. And with quad speakers, the sound is amazing.
The battery life is pretty decent, and the tablet also has a Game Booster feature that allows you to enjoy lag-free gaming.
Thanks to Samsung’s partnership with Discord, you can enjoy live chatting when you use the Game Launcher on this tablet.
The tablet also boasts two cameras – the front camera, which is a very nice 8 megapixel, and the back camera, which is a combination of a 13-megapixel lens and a 5-megapixel wide-angle lens.
You can also use the S-Pen on this tablet, making it the perfect all-around tablet, and one of the best Samsung Galaxy tablets available today.
The biggest drawback to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 6 is that it is expensive.
– Lighting Fast Processor, lag-free gaming
– Comes with S-Pen for drawing and note-taking
– HD Camera with a wide-angle lens.
– Price on the higher side
Samsung Galaxy Tab 6 Features
- The 2 in 1 that’s your all in one; Instantly transform your Android tablet into a PC desktop experience when you attach the keyboard1 with built in trackpad
- Power to multitask; Thanks to the speed of the fast mobile processor, rapidly switch between apps and tasks or immerse yourself in graphic intensive games; Plus, get PC caliber internal RAM
- All new S Pen included; Now the included S Pen lets you pause and skip at the press of the button; Plus, you can still mark up papers, sign docs and take notes; The S Pen even attaches magnetically for easy storage and charging
- Light on weight; Heavy on entertainment; With a spectacular edge to edge Super Amoled display, superior graphics and quad speakers tuned by AKG, get drawn into immersive games all on a 2 in 1 that only weighs about a pound
- More hours of power; With up to 15 hours 1 on a full charge, you can create and edit all day, plus enjoy continuous browsing and streaming; Then quickly recharge the Fast Charging battery. Bluetooth v5.0 (LE up to 2 Mbps)
2. Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus
Looking for a tablet that is cheap but can still handle the big games?
In the old days, if you wanted a tablet that was below $300 but also had enough juice for gaming, then the Nexus 7 (2013) was the go-to model.
Today, it is almost impossible to find a tablet that has the performance and the build required for gaming – and also costs less than $300.
Enter the Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus . While this tablet doesn’t have the fantastic features that a more expensive video game tablet models available in the market today, it has good enough performance that you can still enjoy gaming on it.
This sturdy little device can handle even the heaviest games, such as Fortnite and PUBG, however, it does not have the same life as the higher-end tablets.
All in all, for the price you pay for this tablet, you get pretty good gaming experience.
– Value for money
– Great performance vs similar price point
– Handles games like Fortnite and PUBG with ease
– Shorter battery life
Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus Features
- Memory: 2GB RAM; Storage: 32GB ROM; AT&T 4G LTE Unlocked, support T-mobile and AT&T nano sim card, Android 7.1 Nougat
- Powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-bit Octa-core MSM8953/625 Processor (2.0GHz)
- 10.1" FHD+ (1920 x1200) LCD IPS Multitouch, a brilliant FHD+ display with booming Dolby Atmos Audio and built-in dual-stereo front-facing speakers perfect for binge-watching TV and movies on-the-go
- 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless, Bluetooth 4.2,Rear 8MP & Front 5MP Camera,microSD slot, Combo audio jack,
- KIDS Mode: Transform to a kids tablet with Lenovo Kid's Pack, including a shock-resistant bumper, blue-light screen filter and fun stickers; family sharing is now a breeze. This is a Premium 10” Tablet for the Whole Family
3. ASUS ZenPad 3S 10
If you’re looking for something that is more affordable but still gives you a good gaming experience, then the ASUS ZenPad 3S 10 is a good option.
It has a pretty big 9.7-inch, high-resolution QXGA 2,048 x 1,536-pixel screen.
The bezel is a wrap-around 5.3 mm bezel, so you get a wide display.
The processor in this tablet is MediaTek.
You also get a 4GB RAM, 64 GB storage, and IMG GX6250 graphics.
What this means that all the latest games can be handled by this ASUS tablet easily.
The Corning Gorilla Glass 3 cover glass makes this a tough tablet and provides greater protection against damage – and enthusiastic gaming.
And with 10 hours battery life, you can really enjoy some uninterrupted gaming time.
– Slim Bezel, wide display
– High-resolution display
– Long battery life, 10 hours
– Slightly heavy
ASUS ZenPad 3S 10 Features
- 9.7" 2K IPS Display (2048 x 1536) with ASUS TruVivid technology for better visual experience and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 cover glass for tougher and more damage resistant protection.
- Powerful dual Core ARM Cortex 2.1 GHz combined with quad Core ARM Cortex 1.7 GHz, 64 bit MediaTek processor.
- Easily handle games and speed up productivity with super-fast hexa-core processor, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage and IMG GX6250 graphics.
- 8M/5M Dual Camera; 1 x microSD Card slot, support up to 128GB SDXC
- Fast and accurate fingerprint sensor is the perfect blend of strong security and incredible convenience. Android 6.0 OS. Interfaces: 2-in-1 Audio Jack (Headphone / Mic-in), Micro SD (SDXC)/ Max.128GB, Type C.Display: 400 nits
4. Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
Despite the fact that the Galaxy Tab S6 has been released, many gamers still feel that the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e is the best Android gaming tablet in the market.
The tablet also has that awesome AMOLED screen, quad stereo speakers and is pretty light as compared to its predecessor, the Tab 4.
This means that you not only enjoy great sounds and visuals, but you also don’t get tired holding the tablet over long periods while gaming.
While this tablet doesn’t have a headphone jack, it is much more reasonably priced than the newer Tab S6.
– Lightweight less strain on hands
– Quad stereo speakers, great sound quality
– AMOLED screen, super clear display
– No headphone jack
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Features
- Ultra light for on the go. Lighter than a pound, our slimmest tablet won't add weight to your load. Stream, browse and more on eye catching metal design
- Crisp. Clear. Captivating. Get drawn in to the 10. 5 inches Super AMOLED display with an immersive 16: 10 ratio widescreen. Shows and movies come to life in true to life color and crisp, clear details
- Smartly connected. Control all your connected devices from your tablet. Adjust lights, control your TV, lock doors and even adjust the thermostat. Plus, get the details If you get a security camera alert
- Charge Fast and go. Get up to 15 hours of video on a full charge and power up quickly with fast charging
5. Samsung Galaxy Tab A
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A is an Android 10-inch tablet that is the thinnest, lightest and most reliable model produced by the Korean technology giant.
This high-end tablet is made with the best quality materials, and certainly is one of the most beautiful tablets you will own.
But looks aren’t all that this tablet is good for.
This is a sturdy tablet that can withstand years of intense gaming, making it the Amazon gaming tablet of choice.
The tablet is ergonomically designed so that you don’t get tired of holding the device while gaming.
This device has a 3 GB RAM and 32 GB storage and comes equipped with a Mali-G71 GPU, which makes it perfect for the avid gamer.
So, if you are looking for high RAM tablets for your games, then the Samsung Galaxy Tab A is it.
The downside is that it is on the expensive side, and its screen is relatively fragile, which means you need to be a little careful when you use this tablet.
– Ergonomic design
– Sturdy tablet
– Screen is relatively fragile
Samsung Galaxy Tab A Features
- Minimal bezel; Maximum view; Watch, stream and browse on a 10.1 inch Full HD corner to corner Display; The lightweight premium metal design goes anywhere you go
- Big sound for big entertainment. The perfect complement to a wide, immersive picture, Dolby Atmos Surround sound fills the room with cinematic clarity.
- Binge worthy Battery; Browse, watch Or shop for up to ten hours on a full charge
- Room for everything; Never delete songs, photos or videos, thanks to ample built in memory; Plus expand your storage up to 512GB anytime With a Micro SD card
- Operating System Android 9.0 Pie, Connectivity Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5GHz, VHT80, USB 2.0 and Bluetooth v5.0 (LE up to 2 Mbps)
6. GPD XD Plus
The GPD XD Plus is what many experts call the ultimate gaming tablet!
It is actually one of the best mini-tablets in the market today.
Many call it a gaming console, but it actually is a tablet – one that combines the form of a Nintendo DS with an Android OS.
Just because it has a small 5-inch screen doesn’t mean that it isn’t packed with power.
It has a 1.7 GHz processor, 4 GBs of RAM space, as well as 32 GBs of space.
That’s a lot of power for most gamers.
And thanks to the Vulkan Engine software, you can play just about any game from the Play Store.
Definitely one of our top picks!
– Nintendo DS form running Android OS
– Powerful processor
– Screen a little small
GPD XD Plus Features
- Support wi-fi wireless networking，playing games, listening to music, watching video, and shopping.
- Battery life lasts up to 8 hours when playing games. 5 inch touch screen，foldable and portable.
- Support Android Gravity and Touch games. Android7.0 OS,Support Google Store
- 4GB DDR3 RAM and 32GB eMMC ROM
- MT8176 CPU, More Intelligent.Size cores design, dual core A72, base frequency can reach 2.1Ghz. Quad-core A53--base frequency 1.7 Ghz.Allocating work intelligently, avoid single core overheat.All the hexa cores run when play big games, make sure games running smoothly.
7. Asus ZenPad 10.1
Are you looking for the best tablet for gaming, but at an affordable price?
Well, then the ASUS ZenPad 10.1 is the device for you!
It’s super-thin, which makes it easy to handle.
This is a high-speed tablet that can easily keep up in terms of performance with high-end tablets that cost twice as much.
The ASUS ZenPad 10.1 comes with a 1.3 GHz processor, a Mali-T720 GPU, 2 gigs of RAM and 16 gigs of storage space.
It uses the Android 7.0 Nougat OS, which makes it capable of handling any game you can think of from the Play Store.
This device’s 4,600 mAh battery has an inbuilt energy saver, which means you can game for up to 8 hours at a time.
While this isn’t as high as what the Samsung tablets offer (you get gaming time of up to 10 hours with those models), this is pretty good considering the low price you pay for it.
– Long battery life
– Value for money
– Great processing power
– Runs on a older version of Android OS
Asus Zenpad 10.1 Features
- 10.1" WXGA IPS Display (1280 x 800) with ASUS TruVivid technology for better visual experience
- Powered by Quad Core 1.3 GHz, 64 bit MediaTek MTK 8163B processor
- Easily handle and speed up productivity with 4680 mAh battery, 2GB RAM, 16GB storage
- 5M/2M Dual Camera; 1 x microSD Card slot, support up to 128GB SDXC
- Android 7.0 OS; Free 100GB of Google drive storage for 1 year
8. Lenovo YOGA Tab 3 Pro
The Lenovo YOGA Tab 3 Pro is one of the top Android tablets in the market today for gaming.
It has a 1.6 GHz processor, and Intel HD HGPU, 2 GBs of RAM, and 32 GBs of storage.
Its striking appearance is thanks to the cylindrical battery, which gives it the look of a rolled-up magazine.
Its 10.1-inch screen provides a dazzling display and its JBL 4-speaker sound bar is loaded with Dolby Atmos speakers, giving you a theater-like experience.
And the best part is that that battery lasts a really long time – 18 hours, to be exact!
No other tablet in its category matches the Lenovo YOGA Tab 3 Pro’s battery life!
– 18 hours of battery life!
– Theater like sound experience
– Projector feature
– High price
Lenovo YOGA Tab 3 Pro Features
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- A big-screen android tablet optimized for entertainment
- This 10 inch tablet is perfect for binge-watching TV and movies on-the-go.WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, with Bluetooth 4.0
- The 10.1” Full HD IPS crystal-clear display makes watching and playing even more fun
- Built-in dual speakers and Dolby AtmosⓇ create a theater-like experience. Panel : 10.1" WQXGA (2560 x 1600), 299 ppi, 70% Color Gamut, Technicolor Color, Enhance Technology
9. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
Yes. This is the older model of Samsung’s flagship tablet model, but it still is one of the best android gaming tablets in the market.
This is the time that you can actually say that old is gold.
TheGalaxy Tab S3 uses the Android 9 OS, has a 9.7-inch screen, a Snapdragon 820 processor, a 4GB RAM, and 32GB storage.
While it’s not as powerful as the Tab S4 and the Tab S6, this device still packs a punch in comparison to other tablets.
So, if you want to play PUBG on a tablet, then this is a good option.
– Previous generation flagship, great value
– Fast processing power
– Long batter power
– A little backdated on design
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Features
- Featuring High Dynamic Range on a Super AMOLED display, the Galaxy Tab S3 delivers cinematic vividness, detail, and deep contrast to a screen that fits in your hands
- Our revolutionary S Pen is more precise and pressure-responsive than ever, and never needs to be charged, liberating you to create, translate, and navigate without limits
- Powerful Quad speakers, tuned by AKG, calibrate with your movements as you rotate the Galaxy Tab S3, and intuitively reflect what's playing on-screen; Sensor Type: Accelerometer, Fingerprint Sensor,Gyro Sensor,Geomagnetic Sensor,Hall Sensor,RGB Light Sensor
- Easily switch from touch to type with a feather light keyboard that auto-pairs, attaches on contact, and never needs charging.Digital Optical Zoom:X8 (Digital)
- Keyboard sold separately. Processor Speed Type : Quad Core(2.15 GHz + 1.6 GHz Quad), Qualcomm APQ8096. External memory or micro sd capacity up to 400 gb. Features bluetooth v4.2
10. Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Okay. This tablet is even older – almost going into prehistory, but if you still want the Samsung quality, but can’t afford the newer models, then this is the perfect alternative.
It has the Android 7 OS, has an Octa-Core processor, 3GB RAM, and has two models with a 32GB or 64GB space option.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 also comes with two different screen sizes – 8 inches and 9.7 inches.
The biggest selling point for this tablet is its price point.
It’s good for gaming, but it may not be able to keep up with the newer models that have much more powerful processors that can handle the load of the files needed.
– Most affordable option
– Old processor but still pack a punch
– May not be able to run heavy games smoothly
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 Features
- Enjoy rich colors and crisp details on the vibrant SuperAMOLED display ; Digital Optical Zoom: 4x Digital
- Battery type and Size Li-Ion 5,870mAh,Music play time up to 103 Hrs,Video play time up to 12 Hrs.The powerful octa-‐core processor gives you the speed and performance you need
- Expand your memory from 32GB to up to an additional 128GB with a microSD card
- Easily share your favorite moments from your tablet to your TV. OS : Android 6.0, Marshmallow
- Seamlessly connect your Samsung tablet and Samsung smartphone
Best Android Tablet For Gaming
What to Look for in a Gaming Tablet
Before we talk about which could be the best Android tablet for your gaming needs, let’s talk about what you should look for if you plan to game.
Specs Before Beauty
What you need to look for is the hardware inside the tablet, and not how good the tablet looks.
Look for a tablet that isn’t too heavy, because remember, holding over extended periods of time can lead to fatigue.
Look that the kind of processor that has been used. It needs to be powerful enough for gaming.
And you also need to consider storage. A good gaming tablet should have at least 16 GBs of storage, but the greater space, the better it will be for you.
Also look for tablets that have the capability to extend storage space so that they can handle the bigger games.
You Can’t Play All Games on All Tablets
When you choose a tablet, keep in mind the games you are planning to play on it.
This is because games have been designed for specific operating systems, so the iOS store and the Play Store would have largely different sets of games.
The good news is that the most popular games are available in both versions.
However, Windows tablet gaming, or even PlayStation or Xbox gaming cannot be done on your Android or even iOS tablets.
Of course, if you have a 2-in-1 device that also runs Windows, then you can expand you gaming options a lot more.
Size of the Screen
One of the main reasons why people prefer gaming on tablets over gaming on phones is the screen size.
Having said that, it is best to decide what type of gaming you plan to do. Remember, larger sized tablets will require you to game using both hands.
But if you’re looking for convenience and portability, then a 7- to 8-inch screen will be best.
When you’re gaming, you’re looking at as much clarity and sharpness as possible.
Especially in the bigger games such as PUGB or even Fortnite. So, if you buy a large tablet with poor screen resolution, it will be a waste.
This is why it is best to opt for LCD or IPS displays so that you can play your games in HD.
Do you plan to travel with your tablet, or will you mostly use it at home and connect via your Wi-Fi?
This is a key question you need to answer before buying a tablet.
You can buy a Wi-Fi only tablet if you plan to keep your device at home.
But if you’re planning to be out and about, then a tablet that has 4G or LTE capability via a SIM card would be more appropriate.
However, remember that data plans can get expensive, so you should use this option with a certain amount of caution.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best android tablet for gaming on the market?
If you are looking for the best gaming tablet in the market, you can definitely go for the Samsung Galaxy S6, it has the higher processing power and great battery life, making it your best choice.
We had covered a wide range of tablets in the market. which tablet do you think is the best gaming tablet for gaming?