Best Router for Xfinity Review
Have you ever wished that you did not have to use the equipment that your Internet provider gives to you whenever you sign up for a service?
Join the club, as a lot of consumers have grown weary of gear that just is not up to par especially with the Comcast Xfinity service.
The fact is: you don’t have to take the gear provided to you; you can actually go out and purchase your own router and modem that will not only provide you with a connection boost but more importantly, also save you money later on.
This is because getting your own gear will save you from having to pay the monthly rental cost for using the router/modem that is given to you after you sign up.
The good news is Xfinity is compatible with a lot of third party Internet devices.
The bad news is with the plethora of choices available in the market today, it can be tricky to come upon the right one.
And that is where we step in as we have gathered the five best router for xfinity and have added vital information about each one so that you can make an informed decision when purchasing one.
Table Of Content
Top 10 Best Router for Xfinity
1. Netgear C6250 AC1600
This particular Netgear device is considered to be one of the best router for xfinity with a lot of consumers lauding its reasonable price tag and reliability.
After you finish setting the equipment up, you will immediately notice the difference when streaming high-definition videos, as you will enjoy a seamless and lag-free experience.
Speaking of set-up, you will also enjoy how easy to install this device is with instructions that are straightforward and easy to comprehend.
Another feature that is noteworthy with this particular gadget is the USB port and the ReadyShare app that basically gives you the ability to share media files across the network.
Using it as a back-up storage device is easy to do as well; all you need is a flash drive and the rest of the family can just store files inside without any hassle.
There is also a Genie app that you can install on your smartphone or other devices that lets you manage the router with just the tap of your fingertip.
All told, the Netgear C6250 AC1600 is a fine choice for users that do not need a robust bandwidth.
– Ideal for high- speed online gaming.
– The downloads are impressively fast.
– You can stream HD content without lags.
– Customer service might not be up to the mark.
Netgear C6250 AC1600 Features
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, CableONE & more
- Three-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + AC1600 WiFi Router+ 2 Gigabit Wired Switch
- Up to 680Mbps modem speed and Dual-Band AC1600 (2.4GHz & 5GHz) WiFi speed. 16x4 channel bonding/ Approved for plans up to 300 Mbps
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 16x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- NETGEASR Genie App +Content filtering Parental Controls allow you to easily manage your network from your Mobile device.Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
2. Motorola MG7550
Motorola Internet gadgets are renowned for having a Broadcom chipset that is known in the industry for its consistency, security, and high-quality performance.
That very same chipset also gives users security against dreaded Denial of Service (DoS) attacks that a lot of devices loathe.
Motorola MG7550 is well suited for the Comcast Xfinity Blast pro package but it can still support speeds that run as fast as 375Mbps.
And with Dual-band AC1900 speeds, you have sufficient bandwidth to support a number of users and devices inside your residence.
Here is a pro-tip though: when connecting to the Internet using your smartphone, you are better off using the 2.4Ghs band while the 5Ghz works well when using a laptop.
This is because the 2.4Ghz has wider coverage, which a lot of mobile gadgets need while 5Ghz band works very well even with the more power-intensive laptops in the industry today.
– This modem-router is space-saving and highly efficient.
– Supports all major cable providers.
– You get an amplified wireless signal because of its power boost technology.
– It doesn’t come with telephone jacks for voice call support.
Motorola MG7550 Features
- 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1900 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall DFS, Power Boost, and more. This product is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 375 Mbps. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks. WiFi performance is exceptionally good, even in multi-dwelling units with lots of WiFi noise from neighbors. DFS and Power Boost are key
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by and for use with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, Suddenlink, WOW., CableOne and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable modem rental fees up to 156 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by cable service provider. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others. Model MG7550 has no phone jack.)
- Built-in high-speed Wi-Fi router with AC1900 Wi-Fi, and Power Boost, and DFS provides Internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and AppleTV. Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers, HDTVs, game stations, streaming TV devices, and other Ethernet-capable devices.
- Wireless Power Boost adds high-performance WiFi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant boost in speed and range. The router can work on WiFi DFS frequencies, unlike most routers, so it is much less vulnerable to WiFi interference from neighbors. In addition, AnyBeam beamforming at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range.
- Integrating the cable modem and router creates a reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design minimizes shelf space and improves cooling while looking great in any home or office. A two-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment. Includes phone and web support by friendly, professional USA-based technical support specialists. Phone support is provided in English and Spanish.
3. Motorola MG7700
Next on the list is yet another Motorola device that works very well when paired with the Xfinity Extreme Pro package.
However, if you pick up this product, you are still giving yourself some wiggle room for speed expansion with Motorola actually suggesting this very same gadget for packages that offer speeds of up to 650Mbps.
Other features this model has is a AC1900 dual-band wireless router, which also has Power Boost function together with a firewall.
When it comes to the hardware ports, the Motorola MG7700 has four Gigabit Ethernet ports that can assist you in connecting your home devices like your desktop computers, smart TVs and gaming consoles.
All in all, this device can be considered one of the best router for xfinity, as consumers have touted its stable connection that has allowed them to carry out and eventually finish their work without any hitches.
Another bonus that users will appreciate is its slim design which makes for easy storage and cooling.
– You get high speed internet.
– The device sets up easily.
– Comes with beamforming technology to improve wireless performance.
– Doesn’t deliver telephone service due to non-availability of telephone ports.
Motorola MG7700 Features
- Fast 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in AC1900 Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, power boost Wi-Fi amplifiers, firewall security, and more. The maximum modem speed is 1000 Mbps, supporting service speeds up to 650.
- Eliminate up to $156 per year in cable Modem rental fees. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) certified by all leading cable service providers including Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter spectrum (no cable Modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
- Built-in high-speed router with AC1900 wireless and Power boost - Provides internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, and more. 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers and other Ethernet-capable devices. A Broadcom cable Modem Chipset provides security from denial of service attacks.
- Wireless power boost for better speed and range - Adds high-performance Wi-Fi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant Boost in speed and range. In addition, anybeam Performing at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range
- Minimize shelf space and improve cooling - integrating the cable Modem and router creates a reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design looks great in any home or office. A 2-year warranty is the longest in the industry. Rugged Lightning and Power Surge circuits further protect your investment.
4. Netgear Nighthawk C7800
Netgear Nighthawk C7800 is the all-inclusive answer to all your Internet needs, as it features a DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem, as well as a AC3200 WiFi router together with a Gigabit switch.
This device can be paired up with the Xfinity Gigabit package as only those that have DOCSIS 3.1 protocols are supported on this particular kind of package.
In addition, it has two USB ports that will allow you to link up portable hard drives for easy storage.
You can even connect a printer so that you can print using the Wi-Fi network.
You will also absolutely relish the lightning-fast speed with which you will browse websites and pages with as well as the superb coverage that will give users a strong connection wherever they may be inside your house.
Overall, the C7800 is a fine choice for consumers that have some extra coin in their wallet, or those that need a gadget that can provide a very fast Internet connection to everyone inside a large residence.
– You get double firewall protection.
– It’s a good value product.
– Takes only a couple of minutes to install.
– Some might experience consistently low signal strength.
Netgear Nighthawk C7800 Features
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast and COX. Not compatible with Spectrum, Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- Save monthly rental fees: Model C7800 replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router saving you up to $168/year in equipment rental fees.
- Built for ultimate speed: best for cable provider plans up to 2 gigabits speed.
- Fast Wi-Fi performance: Get up to 3000 square feet wireless coverage and 45 devices connected with AC3200 speed (up to 3200 Mbps).
- Versatile connections: 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 hi-speed USB 3.0 ports give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices.
5. NETGEAR Nighthawk Tri-Band AX12
If you are looking for a gadget that can give you super-fast wireless speeds, the Netgear Nighthawk Tri-Band AX12 is a product that you should seriously consider.
Packing the Wi-Fi 6 wireless protocol, this sleek device can give you speeds that can go as fast as 10.8Gbps.
Not only that but you will also enjoy a host of other features that will let you make the most out of your Xfinity Internet service package.
However, one drawback is that it does not have a modem so you will have to make do with the one that Xfinity provides or get one that can actually keep up.
– You can receive up to 11 Gbps of speed.
– Can accommodate more than 40 Wi-Fi devices.
– With OFDMA technology, Wi-Fi bandwidth sharing can be done without connection delays.
– Might be a little expensive for some.
NETGEAR Nighthawk Tri-Band AX12 Features
- WIFI 6 – STREAM EVERYTHING AT EPIC SPEED: Simultaneously stream uninterrupted movies, games, video calls or download/transfer files at 10.8Gbps Wi-Fi speed. Works with existing and new Wi-Fi 6 devices like iPhone 11, Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S10.
- WORKS WITH ALL INTERNET PROVIDERS: Replace your existing Wi-Fi Router (separate modem or gateway required). Compatible with any Internet Service Provider up to 2Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL and more.
- EASY TO SET-UP AND MANAGE: Connects to your existing cable modem and sets up and customizes in minutes with the Nighthawk app – easily manage your Wi-Fi settings at the device and network level, test your Internet speed, view speed history and monitor data usage.
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive with any connected device and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports.
- NETGEAR ARMOR POWERED BY BITDEFENDER: The world’s leading cybersecurity protects all your home devices from virus, malware, and data theft with a 30-day free trial.
6. TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router – Best Long-Range Router
If you are looking for a high performing Wi-Fi router and also don’t want to overspend on it, then this product might be the best pick for you.
TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router is compatible with all Wi-Fi devices and can also be paired with Alexa if you want to add voice control to it.
It makes life easy with its long-range connection aided by three external antennas.
It can also be used for connecting multiple devices without a dip in its overall performance.
The product comes with 2 years of warranty and provides free technical support, which together adds to its worth.
– It’s easy to set up and use.
– You get amazing connectivity at an affordable price.
– It comes with an integrated USB port.
– The base of the router doesn’t have a good grip and slips on smooth surfaces.
TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router Features
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and older
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming
- 3 external antennas for long range Wi-Fi
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, fast access to multiple connected wired devices, Ideal as a gaming router
7. ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem & AC2350 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router- Best 2 in 1 Option At An Affordable Price
This ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem & AC2350 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router may be considered the best router for Xfinity as it is compatible with the majority of cable internet providers in the US.
With 32 downstream and 8 upstream channels, this efficient setup can easily cater to your regular internet usage, be it for streaming, sharing or gaming.
It also allows you to manage your network with the SURFboard Manager app.
This Arris Wi-Fi cable modem provides a blazing fast internet speed, and in turn, great value for money.
– Signal quality is excellent.
– Smooth connectivity.
– Impressive technical support from the manufacturer.
– Not compatible with Fiber internet or DSL providers.
ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem & AC2350 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router Features
- DOCSIS Cable Modem, AC2350 dual-band Wi-Fi, 4 port Gigabit Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Compatible with major U.S. Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Cable internet service required. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers.
- 32 downstream & 8 upstream channels. Best for cable internet speed plans up to 600 Mbps.
- Wave 2 AC2350 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Setup and manage your network with the SURFboard Manager app
8. WAVLINK WiFi Router- The Best Range Extender
The WAVLINK WiFi Router provides impressive performance with 1200 Mbps of speed, ideal for streaming HD content and for supporting multiple connected devices.
It comes with a dual-core processor that facilitates a lag-free gaming experience.
This router has 4 external antennas that provide a high Wi-Fi range, in addition to having 4 LAN ports for a faster and secure connection.
The design is sleek and compact and easily adjusts to your home decor style.
The product comes with a 1-year warranty and a 30 days money-back scheme which together adds to its credibility.
– Provides consistent Wi-Fi signal.
– Offers broad compatibility.
– Safe and secure.
– Speed might not be as good as advertised.
WAVLINK WiFi Router Features
- ✅【High-Speed WiFi Performance】1200Mbps Wi-Fi speeds to support more connected Wi-Fi devices to your high speed home network.WANLINK wifi router is ideal for HD video streaming & gaming, reduce lag while gaming online
- ✅【Safe and Stable Router】Enjoy safe and secure internet connections for you and your family, with WPA/WPA2 PSK Mixed security and industry level password encryption
- ✅【Advanced Wifi Router Technology】4 LAN ports offer fast and secure wired connections when you need them，4 High-Performance antennas deliver strong penetrating and broader coverage around your home
- ✅【Widely Compatible Router】WAVLINK WIFI ROUTER compatible with a/b/g/n devices,support Dual-band 5GHz 867Mbps and 2.4GHz 300Mbps .Get lightning quick connections for all your wireless devices
- ✅【Worry-free Purchase】This WIFI Router comes with a 1-year and a 30 day money back . We are fully confident in the design and durability of our products. If you have any issues, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime, night or day : -)
9. D-Link AC2600 WiFi Router- Best Router For Home Network
D-Link AC2600 WiFi Router from D-link is ideal for home network with a speed offering of up to 2600 Mbps.
It allows you to enjoy uninterrupted 4K/HD content and online games.
The device comes with four high powered antennas which improve your wi-fi connectivity range significantly.
It comes integrated with a dual-core processor which improves network speeds over both wired and wireless connections.
With an inbuilt MU-MMO technology, it allows multiple users to connect to the internet without them experiencing a dip in the signal strength.
With the WPA/WPA2 Encryption, you won’t really have to worry about the security of your home network.
– The product is durable.
– You get improved overall performance.
– It’s an extremely user-friendly product.
– It is made of plastic, and hence, might get heated up quickly.
D-Link AC2600 WiFi Router Features
- AC2600 Dual band router: WiFi speeds of upto 2600 Mbps (800 Mbps in 2.4 gigahertz + 1733 Mbps in 5 gigahertz) to support more connected WiFi devices to your high speed home network
- Stream, game, and more: Enjoy 4K/HD video and online gaming simultaneously with 4 x 4 data streams and 4 high performance antennas
- Dual Core Processor: The dual core processor gives you powerful wired and wireless internet network speeds
- Multi user MIMO technology: Significantly improves simultaneous streaming on multiple devices
- Advanced Smart Beam: Tracks your connected devices for enhanced WiFi speed and range throughout your home
10. ARRIS SURFboard SBG8300 modem-router- Best Device for Cable Internet
ARRIS SURFboard SBG8300 modem-router is a high- utility device, with an 802/11ac Wi-Fi router and a DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem combined into one.
It supports most cable internet providers in the US including Xfinity, Spectrum and Cox.
With its high internet speed, it allows you to stream videos, play games or download content faster.
It is a DOCSIS 3.1 Wi-Fi cable modem, the most advanced standard offering by cable internet service providers.
It seamlessly increases the bandwidth so that you get the true gigabit-speed capability.
To get this home network up and running, you just need to connect the cables, get in touch with your service provider, undertake Wi-Fi settings configuration and just link your devices to the network.
– Your network can be set up and easily managed by the SURFboard Manager app.
– Voice management of your Wi-Fi settings is possible with the help of Alexa.
– Upgrading to this product can increase your internet speeds considerably.
– You might experience occasional connection drops.
ARRIS SURFboard SBG8300 modem-router Features
- 3 products in 1: DOCSIS 3 1 Cable Modem, AC2350 Dual band Wi-Fi, 4 port Gigabit Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Compatible with major U S Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others Cable internet service required Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers
- 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS channels, 2 downstream x 2 upstream DOCSIS 3 1 OFDM channels Best for cable internet speed plans up to 4 Gbps. Cable internet service required
- Wave 2 AC2350 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Setup and manage your network with the SURFboard Manager app Add SURFboard skills to your Alexa network for voice management of your Wi-Fi settings
Best Router for Xfinity Buying GuideIf you have made the decision to buy your own gear, here are several things that can help select the right one: Compatibility This is the first and most important thing you should consider when shopping for a new router. After all, the most sophisticated and high-end router in the entire world will amount to nothing if it is not compatible with your Xfinity Internet service. Worry not though as most wireless routers are known to work with Xfinity or any other service provider for that matter. One thing you need to be wary of is the modem as service providers like Xfinity have a specific list of modems that are compatible with their service. Speed If you have signed up with Xfinity, speed is one thing that you can definitely bolster by purchasing gear of your own. As mentioned several times in this article, the one Xfinity provides works just fine but it doesn’t let you maximize your package. Speed that routers have can be a little difficult to pin down since the advertised speed is almost always never going to be the actual speed that you will get. This is because since Wi-Fi is transmitted through the air, it is always prone to some kind of interference from a number of factors, natural or otherwise. As for the question of how much speed is actually good enough? You should look for routers that support 802.11ac or even Wi-Fi 5 so that you can really get value for your money. Range Range is also a crucial element that should factor heavily into your decision. You really want to settle on a device that can sufficiently provide Internet connection to every inch of your home. Today’s generation of routers are already capable of providing ample coverage to a mid-sized residence but if your abode is quite large, you might want to look at more high-end and premium options or even gadgets that have boost functions. A router’s range is important because if it is low, gadgets that are far from it will get little to no signal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Will I need a router for my Xfinity network?
A. In case you choose to use a modem, you will also have to use a router so that your wireless network is complete.
If you want to find out which modern will be the right choice for you, or which one will be compatible, you can check out MyDeviceInfo.xfinity.com.
Q2. What is the best router for Xfinity?
A. You can buy any of the above products.
They all are highly rated and reviewed products available on Amazon.
If however you intend to buy something other than the products listed above you might need to check whether the router in question is compatible for Xfinity.
Q3. Should I buy a separate modem and router?
A. If you like more dedicated features, then that would be the best thing to do.
Generally, standalone modems and routers come with more features as compared to combo products.
But then, if connectivity is all that matters, you can go for either of the options.
To be perfectly clear, the router that you will be receiving from Xfinity right after you sign up for Internet service will be enough for you to complete your regular, daily tasks.
However, if you are into gaming, streaming high-definition video or other power-intensive endeavors, then you might want to seriously consider purchasing a router of your own.
Any of the products listed above should satisfy your various needs and then some.
Happy web surfing!