Best Router for
Verizon Fios Review
Verizon brings you fast and reliable internet across the United States: Verizon Fios.
This fiber-optics network moves insane amounts of data at even more insane speeds. This means that you’ll have countless amounts of time streaming your favorite movies, uploading HD-quality pictures, and the like.
With Verizon Fios, you’ll need a best router for verizon fios, like a G3100 home router with the latest Wi-Fi generation (Wi-Fi 802.11ax) to get the ultimate speed throughout your home.
You may be wondering:
“What else do I need?”
You’ll need both tri-band 4×4 antenna supports 2.4 GHz band and 5 GHz band to get a reliable connection.
All of this is to ensure that you’ll get the optimal speed for extensive activities that use the internet, like UHD streaming, graphic-laden gaming, large file transfers, AUTOCAD rendering, and more.
Here’s the deal:
You’ll need to buy Fios compatible routers to get the best internet experience, especially if you’re planning to connect smart home and mobile devices to your Wi-Fi network.
Table Of Content
Top 10 Best Router for Verizon Fios
1. Verizon Fios Quantum Gateway
Verizon Fios Quantum Gateway wireless router compatible with Verizon Fios is the latest offered by the internet service provider.
It was designed for all Fios plans and is among the best Fios compatible router that offers maximum range, speeds, and access.
Plus, it supports networking using Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or cables, making it such a versatile gateway routers in the market.
Another reason to choose this Fios compatible router best buy:
It supports the SON (Self Organizing Network) feature.
It’s easy to connect your wireless devices. And you can easily manage its advanced settings.
One of the reasons to buy Fios Quantum Gateways is that it has a dual-core processor for a faster, more reliable performance.
It’s the fastest Verizon router there is, making it perfect for gaming and streaming movies because of its high-speed wired Ethernet.
It uses beamforming, an advanced technology that strengthens the connection, and more bandwidth (2.5 and 5 GHz) to ensure optimum speed at all times.
– Maximum access, speed, and range
– Versatile gateway router
– Dual-core processor for faster performance
– System responsiveness can be slow
Router for verizon fios Features
- Wi-Fi 6 technology
- 2.4G 11ax 4x4/ 5G 11ax 4x4
- 4 Gigabit LAN + 1 Gigabit WAN, MoCA2.5 + LAN MoCA1.1 WAN
- Automatic Band switching between 2.4GH and 5.8GH Band
- 150% more WiFi range than G1100
2. Linksys AC1900 Max Stream EA7500
The Linksys AC1900 Max Stream EA7500 is one of the best Fios compatible routers because it offers amazing value for your money with its stellar performance even with multiple devices connected to it, making it one of the best Verizon WiFi router.
Many home users have one concern in common when it comes to high-speed routers:
Consistent speed and connectivity.
With the EA7500, speeds are stable and consistent, thanks to its three powerful antennas and MU-MIMO technology.
Aside from that, the AC1900 is one of the best router for verizon fios because it’s easy to install.
It comes with a free setup CD to help you get connected in no time.
This Fios compatible router also has a sleek, sturdy design and comes in a ninja black color.
– Very fast NAS performance
– 1.9 Gbps speed all across two channels
– Complex initial setup process
Linksys AC1900 Max Stream EA7500 Features
- Provides up to 1,500 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 15+ wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Dual band Wi-Fi speeds up to 1.9 Gaps (2.4 GHz/ 600 Mbps) + (5 GHz/ 1300 Mbps). Minimum system requirements - Internet Explorer versions 8 and newer, Safari 5 (for Mac), Firefox 8, Google Chrome
- MU MIMO (Multi User Multiple Input Multiple Output) provides Wi-Fi to multiple devices at once, at the same high speed
3. TP-Link AC1750 Archer A7
TP-Link AC1750 Archer A7 wireless dual-band gigabit router work for Verizon Fios extremely well.
You’re probably wondering:
“Will it keep up with my family’s demands?”
Well, the Archer A7 is a best router for verizon fios. It offers excellent speed and range, as well as performance and features, which most homes need.
The Archer A7 offers up to 2,500 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage.
It has 3 high-gain antennas and powerful amplifiers that connect every wireless electronic device (up to 50 devices) in your home from your living room to your basement, thanks to its solid hardware and bandwidth prioritization (QoS).
It also is a completely secure network to keep you and your family safe online with its advanced WPA/WPA2 encryption, guest access, and parental controls.
It’s also compatible with Alexa voice control. Plus, it’s easy to install and manage.
– Reasonably priced
– Four LAN ports
– Easy to install
– Decent close-range performance
– Middling file transfer and long-range performance
– Doesn’t support MU-MIMO
– 2.0 USB ports
TP-Link AC1750 Archer A7 Features
- JD Power Award - Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and older
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet (450mbps for 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming
- 3 external antennas for long range Wi-Fi
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, fast access to multiple connected wired devices, Ideal as a gaming router
4. Netgear Nighthawk X6 (R8000)
The Netgear Nighthawk X6 (R8000) is another powerhouse from Netgear, the first company to launch a tri-band router.
For many users, the X6 is one of the leaders of a new generation of wireless routers, especially the best routers for Verizon Fios.
From the outside, the Nighthawk X6 looks out of this world.
It has 6 retractable external antennas with swivel options for easy adjustment.
It’s considered one of the best Verizon WiFi router because it supports up to 1.3Gbps on each 5GHz band and up to 600Mbps on the 802.11n band.
These Verizon wireless internet modems come with a WAN port, 4 LAN ports, and USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports for external devices.
Because the Nighthawk X6 has 3 bands, you are guaranteed that it can handle the Internet of Things (IoT), making it one of the best routers for Verizon Fios.
Play 3D games and stream UHD movies for hours on end with this wireless router compatible with Verizon Fios.
– Excellent range
– Six-fold-out antennas
– 2.0 and 3.0 USB ports
– Good performance
– High price
– Lacks e-SATA port
– Other tri-band routers are faster
Netgear Nighthawk X6 (R8000) Features
- Recommended for up to 50 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.
- Wired Ethernet ports: plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 6 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more.
- USB connections: Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1x3.0 and 1x2.0 USB ports.
- Smart parental controls: Pause device internet access, view site history usage, and filter websites for free. Set online time limits, schedule device internet access, and more for dollar 4.99/month (1st month free trial).
5. ASUS AC1900 (RT-AC68U)
The ASUS AC1900 (RT-AC68U) is one of the best modems for Verizon.
It’s fast and reliable with its combined dual-band data that offers up to 1900 Mbps of speed through the 5 GHz band and up to 600 Mbps through its 2.4 GHz band.
The AC1900 comes with USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports for external devices that need to be physically connected to this router.
It’s powered by a 1 GHz dual-core processor to eliminate performance drop, which is common in large home networks.
Another reason the AC1900 is one of the best router for verizon fios is that it has enhanced signal range and stability since it comes with the exclusive ASUS AiRadar to help strengthen wireless connectivity and extend coverage.
It also features the intuitive ASUSWRT user interface to let you install and manage your Verizon Fios router type easily.
This best buy Fios modem is also installed with AiMesh, an innovative feature that allows you to connect multiple ASUS routers, creating a larger home Wi-Fi network.
– Powerful hardware
– Useful features
– Strong long and short-range wireless performance
– Single 3.0 USB port
– Other latest-gen routers are faster
– Not wall-mountable
ASUS AC1900 (RT-AC68U) Features
- Dual band with the latest 802; 11 AC 3x3 technology for combined speeds of up to 1900 Mbps
- 1 GigaHertz dual core CPU enables smart multitasking by dedicating separate lanes for Wi Fi and USB data; Network standard: IEEE 802; 11a, IEEE 802; 11B, IEEE 802; 11G, IEEE 802; 11N, IEEE 802; 11AC, IPv4, IPv6. Memory: 128 MB Flash; 256 MB RAM
- Effortless router setup with the ASUSWRT web based interface; Dual band connectivity for compatibility and performance
- Monitor and manage your network with ease from your mobile device using the intuitive ASUS router app
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides multi stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data; Please refer the installation manual and the user manual before use which is highly essential; Dc output: 19 Volt with maximum 1; 75 a current; Guest network: 2; 4 GigaHertz x 3, 5 GigaHertz x 3
6. TP-Link AX6000 WiFi 6 Router- Best Award-Winning Router To Purchase
The best thing about this TP-Link AX6000 WiFi 6 Router is that it has bagged an award of customer satisfaction for wireless routers.
Meaning, it is a buyer’s favorite and can be yours too.
At 2.4GHz, it offers a wireless speed of 1148 Mbps, and at 5GHz, the speed is 4804 Mbps.
1024QAM significantly boosts the speed of this dual-band Wi-Fi router.
It’s an efficient router which allows a lot of devices to connect to the Wi-Fi connection at the same time.
There are 8 high-gain external antennas that make sure you get great signal strength throughout your house.
BSS Color technology sees to it that you get stability in connections.
It also eliminates Wi-Fi noise from your neighborhood.
Also, to offer you wider coverage, the device runs on beamforming and Rangeboost technologies.
To remove latency and offer steady connections, the device comes powered with 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU and 2 co-processors.
– Easy to install
– Good performance
– Fast file transfer performance
– Solid parental controls
– Large footprint
– Doesn’t support WPA3
TP-Link Archer AX6000 Wireless Router Features
- JD Power Award - Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- High Speed Wi-Fi 6 Router: AX6000 Dual Band Wi-Fi speed boosted by 1024QAM deliver wireless speed up to 5952 Mbps: 4804 Mbps (5GHz) and 1148 Mbps (2.4GHz)
- Highly efficient: OFDMA increases average throughput by 4x in high density scenarios, compared with an 802.11ac standard wireless internet router; More devices can use Wi-Fi at the same time
- Long Range Wi-Fi Coverage: 8 high-gain external antennas deliver a strong Wi-Fi signal throughout your home. BSS color technology ensure smooth and stable connections by eliminate signal interference probably from your neighbors, while beamforming and range boost deliver stronger and far-reaching network
- Powerful Processing: 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU and 2 co-processors eradicate latency and deliver stable Performance
7. Linksys WRT AC3200 Dual-Band Open Source Router- Best Router for Unmatched Speed
A Tri-Stream 160 technology powers the router, which simply doubles the bandwidth.
This is easily one of the fastest Linksys WRT AC3200 Dual-Band Open Source Router available for purchase.
Bring this product home and receive support for all your high bandwidth activities.
MU MIMO technology in the device makes it possible for a lot of different devices can connect to the Wi-Fi I at the same time while receiving the same internet speed.
Further, to help you optimize the router for your specific needs or achieve customization and flexibility of networking functions, the device comes open source ready.
The best thing about this router is that it can be operated with a smart Wi-Fi app which can be downloaded on any mobile device and can be used from anywhere, anytime.
Hence, this is just the perfect router for home and office use.
– Outstanding file transfer speed
– Excellent wired connectivity
– Classic design
– 160MHz clients are not available
Linksys WRT3200ACM Dual-Band AC3200 Wi-Fi Router Features
- Fast wireless router provides Wi-Fi coverage for your home (works with existing modem)
- Open source firmware offers advanced customization; Certified operating systems: MacOS (10.X or higher), Windows 7, Windows 8.1 (Works with Windows 10)
- Tri stream 160 technology doubles bandwidth from 80 MHz to 160 MHz
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Dual band Wi-Fi speeds up to 2.6 Gbps (2.4 GHz / 600 Mbps) + (5 GHz / 2600 Mbps). Operating temperature: 32 to 104 F (0 to 40 C)
8. Verizon Fios Router Actiontec MI424WR Rev I
This wireless router compatible with Verizon Fios has been updated to integrate the Gigabit Ethernet, ensuring high-speed internet connection at all times.
Aside from that, it packs a lot of punch since it is designed to offer amazing features and capabilities that no other fiber router on the market has.
This is the Verizon Fios router type that breaks other performance benchmarks with its exceptional speed of over 100 Mbps for an affordable price.
The Verizon Fios Router Actiontec MI424WR Rev I remains to be one of the best Fios compatible router in the market because it’s perfect for those looking for a router that offers high-speed connection, thanks to Gigabit Ethernet, without putting a huge dent on your budget.
– High speed
– Amazing features and capabilities
– Limited range than any Comcast-compatible router
Verizon Fios Router Actiontec MI424WR Rev I Features
- Actiontec "MI424WR Rev I" Verizon Fios Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router 4 Port Gigabit
- Wireless N speeds up to 130 Mbps
- Customizable firewall, NAT
- WPA and WEP WiFi encryption
- Content Filtering/Parental Controls
9. Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 R7000
Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 is considered the fastest Verizon router that’s compatible with the Fios Quantum service.
It’s built for hard-core streaming and gaming activities so you and your family won’t be disappointed.
You get up to 1900 Mbps of wireless speed for up to 30 devices.
It has the range-boosting Beamforming+ antennas and dual-band to ensure a fast and reliable connection to every nook and cranny.
What’s more, it features multi-layer security software that comes with antivirus, antimalware, and data theft protection to protect all the connected devices in your network.
It also has smart parental controls to easily manage your children’s activities on the internet.
– Slick design
– Router stability
– Long range
– Front-mounted USB port
– Other routers offer an easier setup
Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 Features
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 1800 square feet wireless coverage with AC1900 speed (Dual band up to 600 + 1300 Mbps)
- Recommended for up to 30 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- Wired Ethernet ports: plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more
- USB connections: Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1x3.0 and 1x2.0 USB ports
10. MOTOROLA AC2600 4×4 WiFi Smart Gigabit Router with Extended Range
If you are looking for a router that can offer you speeds to spare, then MOTOROLA AC2600 4x4 WiFi Smart Gigabit Router is the product you need to buy.
It also offers an amazing range, and the best thing about the range offered is that it covers you even when you are away from the router or when there is disturbing Wi-Fi noise within the coverage area.
It connects to your tablets, computers, game stations, smartphones and HDTVs via gigabit ethernet and dual-band Wi-Fi.
The Wi-Fi or the 4 Gigabit LAN ports allow multiple devices to stream high-resolution videos at the same time.
For 2.4 GHtz connections as well as 5 GHtz connections, the device comes with 4 external adjustable antennas.
Explicit and implicit beamforming makes it possible for your Wi-Fi devices to run on super-fast speeds. This also ensures an extended range.
– The USB 3.0 port in the device comes with DLNA media sharing support.
– The router comes with parental controls.
– You get a 2-year warranty from Motorola.
– Doesn’t come with an inbuilt modem.
MOTOROLA AC2600 4×4 WiFi Smart Gigabit Router Features
- The Motorola AC2600 router provides a high-speed intelligent router link between all your WiFi and Ethernet devices and whatever Ethernet-capable modem you choose for Internet access. The MR2600 delivers very high speeds and extended range even when you’re far from your router or surrounded by WiFi noise from neighbors. (Note that this router does not have a built-in cable modem or other type of modem.)
- Connects via AC2600 dual band WiFi or Gigabit Ethernet to all your HDTVs, smartphones, game stations, computers, tablets, and more. Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Video, gaming connections and much more can be delivered many devices at the same time through the MR2600’s 4 Gigabit LAN ports or through WiFi.
- Four external adjustable antennas provide concurrent 4X4 performance for both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz connections. 802.11ac Wave 2 MU-MIMO technology dramatically speeds up your network, allowing high-speed communication with multiple WiFi devices.
- Implicit and explicit Beamforming targets the WiFi signal to each of your WiFi devices resulting in blazing fast WiFi speeds and extended range.
- Router features include a USB 3.0 port with DLNA media sharing support, a Dual Core processor, Smart QoS (Quality of Service) support, user-friendly firewall, IPv4 and IPv6 support, parental controls, guest network capability, and more. Expert, friendly support from the USA. 2 year warranty from Motorola, a company you trust.
Best router for verizon fios Buying Guide
When you sign up for a Verizon Fios Gigabit account, you have the option of renting a used Verizon Fios router or purchasing one.
You can either rent a router through Verizon and pay $15/month or purchase their Verizon DSL router for $299.99 with a one-year warranty.
Many people buy their own modem and router.
For one, you only need to pay a one-time fee for the device.
For another, you get to pick the best equipment for your needs.
How to buy a Verizon Fios router type?
1. Determine the kind of device you need for your family’s internet activities.
2. Decide whether to purchase a gateway device or buy a separate Verizon Fios modem and a Wi-Fi router.
This is especially important if you’re looking to upgrade your home network in the near future.
3. Choose the fastest Verizon router based on your data plan. Choose a wireless router compatible with Verizon Fios that’s capable of delivering your home’s internet speed needs.
Reference the lists of compatible Verizon router types when shopping around for one to get a good idea of what to consider.
Make sure to take into consideration internet speeds, your family’s level of online activity, and the model’s compatibility with the service provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the difference between a router and a modem?
A. A router is known to create a network between the computers present in an area, while a modem helps in connecting that network, along with the computers, to the internet.
Q2. What is a Verizon router?
A. A Verizon router is known to use the latest Wi-Fi generation to provide an efficient internet experience to users.
Q3. Is it best to rent or buy the best router for Verizon FiOS?
A. Buying a router makes way more sense than renting one.
Renting a router will cost you much more in the long run as compared to buying one.
There are a lot of options to choose from when it comes to the best Verizon WiFi router.
You’ll need to consider a lot of things, like compatibility, price, your home’s internet usage, and more.
By taking the time to read each of the model’s features and capabilities, you’ll be able to narrow down your choices in no time.
When it comes to price, the TP-Link AC1750 is the most affordable one.
The Netgear Nighthawk X6 Smart Wi-Fi Router (R8000P) is the most liked device.
For advanced features, you can be sure that your best bet is the Linksys WRT AC3200 dual-band Wi-Fi 5.
But if you’re looking for best router for verizon fios, you’ll want to invest in the TP-Link AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi router.