Best Router For
A lot of you share the same tough problem as I do which is:
Finding and getting the right router.
With so many brands, models and specs to take note of, it’s no wonder that a lot of people content themselves with whatever routed their provider hands them.
Let’s be honest though:
There are few things in life that is more frustrating than using technology that does not work up to par with what you signed up for.
To help you out with this dilemma, we have reviewed several available routers in the market today and have come up with recommendations for the best router for Comcast.
Go ahead and read the list below to help you make an informed choice on which router you should use your hard-earned money on:
Table Of Content
Top 10 Best Router For Comcast
1. ARCHER CR1900
If you are looking for a 2 in 1 wireless router that is built for high speed, then you don’t have any further from the TP-Link Archer.
It is a device that features a slim build and is not actually an eyesore wherever you place it, whether it is in your office or your living room.
It is definitely the smartest choice that you could make if you are looking for the best cable modem router for gaming as this particular manufacturer knows the ins and outs of the cable router industry and has pulled off all the stops to come away with the Archer.
The Archer CR1900 features a 1GHz dual-core chip to take care of both the dual-band Wi-Fi as well as the traffic.
This product’s speed is second to none at 1Gbps and at the same time, guarantees that devices connected to it enjoy the seamless connection.
This is a suitable device for those that reside inside a huge home or have plenty of users in your residence, you really want to seriously consider picking up the Archer CR1900.
It really is a suitable product for people with providers that have a very fast connection speed like Comcast.
And finally, an added bonus is its two-year warranty and 24-hour tech support availability.
– You get 2 years of warranty.
– 24×7 technical support right at your disposal.
– You also get a good speed.
– Range might not be that impressive.
ARCHER CR1900 Features
- Eliminate Rental Fee: Eliminate your cable modem monthly rental fee - Up to $120 per year
- Cable Modem Router: Item is Cable Modem Router and this will serve as both your Cable Modem and WiFi Router
- Industry Leading Support: 2-year warranty and free 24/7 technical support; J.D. Power Ranked TP-Link "Highest in Customer Satisfaction for Wireless Routers in 2017"; Great for Cable Internet plans 500Mbps and up with XFINITY from Comcast and Spectrum (Including Charter, Time Warner Cable, and Bright House Networks)
- Lightning Fast Speed: Up to 1900Mbps Wi-Fi speeds with simultaneous 2.4GHz (up to 600Mbps) and 5GHz (up to 1300Mbps) bands; Channel bonding of up to 24 downstream and 8 upstream channels, provide data rates up to 1000Mbps for download
- Increased WiFi Range: 3x internal antennas and high-powered amplifiers boost signal strength and reduce interference.Wireless Standards:IEEE 802.11ac/n/a 5GHz IEEE 802.11n/g/b 2.4GHz
2. NETGEAR MODEM ROUTER COMBO
NETGEAR MODEM ROUTER COMBO is one brand that a lot of gamers are definitely very familiar with as they offer some of the finest cable modem and wireless combo routers.
If you are a gamer that is in the market for a top-of-the-line option that is both affordable and at the same time, reliable, then you should definitely consider picking up the C6250-1AZNAS.
Mind you, this product does not provide blazing speed with its top speed clocking in at a mere 680Mbps.
However, it is a dual-band box, which means you can anticipate receiving Wi-Fi speeds of up to 2.4GHz and GHz on your phone or other gadgets that are connected to the C6250-1AZNAS.
If you prefer gaming with a wired connection, this product can accommodate that as it has two Ethernet ports that have an auto-sensing technology.
While experts will still strongly recommend that you get security protocols of your own, the C6250-1AZNAS does feature DoS protection as well as a couple of firewalls.
All told, the C6250-1AZNAS is a fine, versatile combo that gamers will relish using.
While it will not provide you with the same kind of flexibility, as other models will, you definitely will get value for money when you pick up the C6250-1AZNAS.
– Ideal for large homes.
– Installation is easy.
– Customer service might not be up to the mark.
NETGEAR MODEM ROUTER COMBO Features
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C6250 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- BUILT FOR FAST SPEED: Best for cable provider plans up to 300 Mbps speed.
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1500 sq ft wireless coverage and 25 devices connected with AC1600 speed (up to 1600 Mbps).
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB port give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices.
3. MOTOROLA MG7550
Motorola is a brand that a lot of people are acquainted with, owing to its connections to many cable companies over the last 10 years, and one of its premier modem-router combo products is the MOTOROLA MG7550.
This wireless router has a 16×4 configuration and can support speeds that run up to 686Mbps and upstream speeds of 123Mbps.
But what exactly does the MG7550 has that sets it apart from other offerings in the industry today?
Well, this product has four Gigabyte Ethernet ports and has superb Wi-Fi.
So long as you are not residing inside a castle, receiving a signal should be a breeze when you are using this particular device.
And if you are indeed having trouble connecting, the MG7550 has a power boost capability that allows it to extend its range.
It is also pretty convenient to use with the slim build that will allow you to just place it anywhere you please inside your home and office.
– Easy to set up.
– Connect to devices without hassle.
– You get high speed internet.
– Security issues.
MOTOROLA MG7550 Features
- 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1900 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall DFS, Power Boost, and more. This product is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 375 Mbps. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks. WiFi performance is exceptionally good, even in multi-dwelling units with lots of WiFi noise from neighbors. DFS and Power Boost are key
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by and for use with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, Suddenlink, WOW., CableOne and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable modem rental fees up to 156 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by cable service provider. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others. Model MG7550 has no phone jack.)
- Built-in high-speed Wi-Fi router with AC1900 Wi-Fi, and Power Boost, and DFS provides Internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and AppleTV. Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers, HDTVs, game stations, streaming TV devices, and other Ethernet-capable devices.
- Wireless Power Boost adds high-performance WiFi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant boost in speed and range. The router can work on WiFi DFS frequencies, unlike most routers, so it is much less vulnerable to WiFi interference from neighbors. In addition, AnyBeam beamforming at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range.
- Integrating the cable modem and router creates a reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design minimizes shelf space and improves cooling while looking great in any home or office. A two-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment. Includes phone and web support by friendly, professional USA-based technical support specialists. Phone support is provided in English and Spanish.
4. NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK C7000
The Netgear Nighthawk C7000 is a product that takes outstanding performance and combines it with easy on the eyes aesthetics, creating a consumer experience that not a lot of routers or modems can provide.
This product provides consumers with a decent connection, thanks to its four Gigabit and two USB ports that deliver a dual-band Wi-Fi connection that can churn out a maximum total speed of 1900Mbps.
It is totally compatible with a lot of the major providers, which obviously includes Comcast.
The Nighthawk C7000 can give you a lot of room to work with as its range extends to more than 1,800 square feet and can accommodate as much as 30 devices.
It also has useful security options as it can support WEP, WPA/WPA2 as well as parental control.
One of this product’s drawbacks is its lack of software options, which it makes up for with ease of use and network management.
Overall, the Nighthawk C7000 is a fine choice for a router in spite of its high price point, which is definitely a price to pay if you are looking for exceptional quality.
– Great Wi-Fi coverage.
– Offers up to 1800 sq. Ft. of range.
– Connects to up to 30 devices.
– Cumbersome installation process.
NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK C7000 Features
- Save monthly rental fees: Model C7000 replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router, saving you up to $168/year in equipment rental fees.
- Built for fast speed: best for cable provider plans up to 400 Mbps speed. Modem technology: Engineered with 24x8 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0.
- Fast Wi-Fi performance: Get up to 1800 square feet wireless coverage and 30 devices connected with AC1900 speed (up to 1900 Mbps).
- Versatile connections: 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 USB ports give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices.
- Modem technology: Engineered with 32x8 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.1.
5. ARRIS SURFBOARD SBG7600AC2
The ARRIS SURFBOARD SBG7600AC2 is a device that should definitely be on your radar as it can give all the products in the market a run for their money with its build, design and performance that seeks to give you a one-of-a-kind Internet surfing experience.
With this manufacturer’s impressive 60-plus years in the industry and the point that they practically developed digital TV and introduced Wi-Fi Internet to homes thanks to their cable modem, the SURFboard is as reliable and high-quality a product in the industry today.
If you pick this up, you will enjoy lightning-fast speed, seamless downloading and streaming capability, much-improved network connection and safety and security, thanks to McAfee Secure Home Internet suite that it comes with.
– Setting up the device is easy and quick.
– It has got a space-saving design.
– Impressive speed.
– Might randomly disconnect.
ARRIS SURFBOARD SBG7600AC2 Features
- DOCSIS Cable Modem, AC2350 dual-band Wi-Fi, 4 port Gigabit Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Compatible with major U.S. Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Cable internet service required. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers.
- 32 downstream & 8 upstream channels. Best for cable internet speed plans up to 600 Mbps.
- Wave 2 AC2350 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Setup and manage your network with the SURFboard Manager app
6. NETGEAR N600
When you stray away from the norm and seek your own router/modem, you’re probably going to end up with some extra money, which can make it pretty challenging to pour in a substantial amount for one.
However, with the N600, the choice to do so can be a no-brainer.
This product is earmarked for up to 340Mbps with its dual-band N450 Wi-Fi on two channels.
The modem has an 8×4 configuration with a number of noteworthy features such as guest network access, DLNA sharing, WPA/WPA2, and a nifty WPS switch.
Netgear has really hit a home run in making the NETGEAR N600, which while a little fundamental for speed-hungry users, can be relied upon to get any task of yours finished.
This product is compatible with almost all major providers but works best when paired with Comcast.
– It’s an efficient modem- router combo.
– Setting up the device is a breeze.
– You get 8x faster download speeds.
– Might need frequent resets for proper working.
NETGEAR N600 Features
- Faster WiFi Speed: N600 Dual Band WiFi delivers 300 + 300Mbps
- Ideal WiFi range for medium to large homes. System Requirements: Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10,Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, Chrome
- Simultaneous Dual Band: Reduces interferences for better connections to more WiFi devices
- NETGEAR genie home network manager for easy installation and home network management
- Supports Windows 8
7. MOTOROLA MT7711 24X8 CABLE MODEM/ROUTER
The MOTOROLA MT7711 is a 24×8 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem that features a remarkable AC1900 Dual-Band WiFi Gigabit Router in addition to two phone ports.
Before you go out and make a purchase, you need to bear in mind that this particular product is manufactured to work exclusively with Comcast, while the phone ports support Xfinity telephone service.
So essentially, what you’ll receive is a three-in-one product, which makes the MT7711 a fantastic deal.
– Installing the device takes very less time.
– There are two phone ports available.
– Good build quality.
– Telephone VOIP might not work as advertised.
MOTOROLA MT7711 24X8 CABLE MODEM/ROUTER Features
- Built-in AC1900 Wireless Router - This 24X8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem comes integrated with an AC1900 Dual-Band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Gigabit Router and two Xfinity Voice-compatible phone ports for ultimate range and performance. This product is approved by Comcast for Xfinity Internet and Voice, and recommended by Comcast for Xfinity Internet service speeds up to 600 Mbps.
- Flexible Compatibility - The MT7711 provides shared Internet access for WiFi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, and more. Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers and other Ethernet-capable devices. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks.
- Requires Comcast Xfinity Internet Service - Approved by and for use with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1. This product will not work with any other Internet service provider.
- Save Money - Eliminate up to 168 dollar in cable modem rental fees per year. Say goodbye to monthly rental fees and landline phone costs.
- Wireless Power Boost for Better Speed and Range - High-performance Wi-Fi power amplifiers boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, providing a significant increase in speed and range. In addition, AnyBeam beamforming at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range. NOT included is a backup battery option (Model 98250) that allows your phone to make calls for 8 hours on standby after power loss.
8. Asus AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router with MU-Mimo- Best Router For Coverage-
If you are sick and tired of poor coverage, then this is the product you need to invest in.
The device doesn’t just ensure an extended coverage but also increased stability and enhanced dynamic data speed.
Busy home networks often suffer from connection drops, which is outright annoying.
Thankfully, you will not experience any performance drop with this machine.
Further, connecting USB enabled devices to this router is a breeze with its built-in USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports.
If you are a gamer, then you would definitely enjoy the service offered by Asus AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router.
Its 1 GHz dual-core processor ensures you can experience an unhindered online gaming experience apart from an uninterrupted 4K HD video streaming and VoIP calls that are crystal clear.
– The device sets up in just 30 seconds by virtue of its ASUSWRT graphical user interface.
– You get multi-level vulnerability protection.
– It is AiMesh compatible.
– Might not be that durable.
Asus AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router Features
- Dual band with the latest 802; 11 AC 3x3 technology for combined speeds of up to 1900 Mbps
- 1 GigaHertz dual core CPU enables smart multitasking by dedicating separate lanes for Wi Fi and USB data; Network standard: IEEE 802; 11a, IEEE 802; 11B, IEEE 802; 11G, IEEE 802; 11N, IEEE 802; 11AC, IPv4, IPv6. Memory: 128 MB Flash; 256 MB RAM
- Effortless router setup with the ASUSWRT web based interface; Dual band connectivity for compatibility and performance
- Monitor and manage your network with ease from your mobile device using the intuitive ASUS router app
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides multi stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data; Please refer the installation manual and the user manual before use which is highly essential; Dc output: 19 Volt with maximum 1; 75 a current; Guest network: 2; 4 GigaHertz x 3, 5 GigaHertz x 3
9. Tenda AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router – Best Router Made More Useful By An App-
Connect to all your wireless devices without the hassle by simply opting for this 1200 mbps Wi-Fi technology.
Another important benefit is that you can connect up to 20 wireless devices with this router without witnessing any deterioration in network conditions.
The Tenda AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router with four omnidirectional antennas with Mu Mimo and beamforming technology, which enhance the speed of your internet connection throughout the house, offering coverage of up to 2000 square feet.
The Tenda Wi-Fi app helps you manage your network from anywhere.
There is a Wi-Fi timeout feature too, meant exclusively for the convenience of parents.
The device shows compatibility with almost all-important internet providers and internet plans.
There are 4 LAN ports to make sure you have access to wired internet connections as and when you need.
– You get a 3 years warranty.
– You also get around the clock Amazon dedicated tech support, which is absolutely free.
– Its advanced security features enable you to enjoy your internet connection in a secure environment.
– Inconsistent speed.
Tenda AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router Features
- Get lightning quick connections for all your wireless devices by upgrading to Tenda's enhanced 1200 Mbps high speed Wi fi technology ([email protected] 4GHz [email protected])
- Link up to 20 wireless devices like the Google assistant, Alexa and various steaming devices, simultaneously, while maintaining optimum network conditions
- 4 omni directional antennas with beamforming and Mu Mimo technology, deliver high speed internet throughout your home and provide seamless coverage for up to 2000 Sq. ft.Output：DC 9V1A
- Manage your network from anywhere with the fun to use Tenda Wi fi app and access helpful tools like our parent friendly Wi Fi timeout feature
- 4 LAN ports offer fast and secure wired connections when you need them.Operating Temperature: 0℃ ~ 40℃
10. Asus Modem Router Combo – The Best All-In-One Router-
Asus Modem Router Combo is an all-in-one product, comprising a Dual-Band Wireless AC2600 WIFI Gigabit Router and a DOCSIS 3.0 32×8 Cable Modem.
This device supports cable internet services within 1.3 Gbps, by virtue of its 32 x 8 channel bonding.
It has got a Wi-Fi functionality as well, which offers connectivity coverage to a multitude of devices for all kinds of heavy-duty uses such as streaming high-resolution videos, downloading and gaming.
The built-in MIMO technology keeps your Wi-Fi speed at an optimum even in a multi-device environment.
This device comes preconfigured, meaning you need not set it up from scratch.
It’s a highly sensitive router with an improved transmission range.
– ASUS exclusives such as media, AiCloud and ASUS app help in the customization of your network.
– Perfect for HD gaming and 4k streaming.
– Ideal for homes with multiple devices.
– There might be security issues.
Asus Modem Router Combo Features
- Ditch the monthly cable modem rental fees save upto $120 per year
- Certified by comcast xfinity, spectrum (legacy time warner cable and charter) and cox
- All in one docsis 3.0 32x8 cable modem + ac2600 wifi router (4x4) provides full bandwidth internet access and expansive wireless coverage
- Stay connected with 4x gigabit ethernet and 2x USB 2.0 ports for your non wifi devices like external storage and printers including support for Apple time machine
- Perfect for streaming and gaming in hd, dual bands (2.4ghz / 5ghz) featuring the latest 802.11ac 32x8 channel bonding technology deliver upto 1.3 gbps download speeds; Ac input : 110v to 240v(50 to 60hz); Dc output : 19 v with max; 3.42 a current
Best Router For Comcast
If you are looking for a new modem that also has a router, you are probably looking to rid yourself of the monthly fees that your provider levies on you, or you are trying to save some space by combining two devices into just one.
Whatever the case may be, one of the very first things that you need to check whenever you come upon a device that catches your eye is its compatibility.
The fact is: the very best gadget that money can buy will be for nothing if it is compatible with your service provider.
Fortunately, manufacturers, these days let you know which services their modems support to make the selection process more hassle-free.
- Downstream Speed
If you don’t know what downstream speed is, it directly is correlated to your subscription with the service provider.
Let’s say your service is a Gigabyte plan and you actually get to avail of the speeds that were promised to you, you essentially need a router-modem combo that is capable of handling one Gigabyte.
You don’t have to match the precise speed but it is highly recommended that you go big since technology is constantly evolving at a rapid pace.
For example, if you have a modem that matches the Gigabyte and then, your service provider decides to upgrade to more than that, which means you are out of luck in a situation like that.
- Channel Bonding
Data penetrates your model within a stream and conventional ISDN gadgets usually divide that stream into two channels that have 64Kbps each.
The normal standard is DOCSIS 3.0 and this is basically supported by most modem/router combos in the market today that give you at least four channels.
The usual set-up found is a 16×4 that helps opens things up as this means that there are 16 channels designated for the downstream and four for the upstream.
A lot of people use their computers for more than just gaming so this is a crucial factor that you need to consider.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the best router for Comcast?
A. The market is flooded with brands and their products. And you can find different features in different models. Although all features seem important, it’s crucial to figure out what is more important for you. Once that’s done, zeroing in on a product will become easy.
Q2. Where should I place my router?
A. You should place your router in a central location in the house or office so that no nook and corner of the space remains out of touch.
Q3. When should I replace a modem or a router?
A. Modems can be used for years until they cease to work. But routers need to be replaced a little more frequently for a multitude of reasons. Sometimes, it’s because you need better coverage or because there are more devices that need to be added to your network. At other times, the reason could be an underperforming router or a router that has become obsolete and has no advanced features in it.
There are some corners in the tech world that are against purchasing modem and router combo gadgets for the reason being that if one part goes, then you are essentially missing two gadgets.
But the fact of the matter is: a lot of consumers all over the world really do not mind and would prefer the convenience of having two gadgets in one package rather than have a cluttered workspace.
And so, for that reason, people that are looking to buy the best router for Comcast should take a look at the Motorola MG7550.
Do not get put off by the somewhat pricey tag; this model is beloved by experts and consumers alike for its reliability, stability and expansive coverage area.