Best Computer For
Photo Editing Review
Do you need more than a laptop?
If you are a professional photographer, a keen hobbyist, or someone with a photo and video editing business, you will agree with me when I say that you need a powerful and reliable Computer that can handle photo and video editing applications.
What features should a top PC have?
The best computer for photo editing should be able to edit high-resolution photos.
It should have enough RAM and have a high capacity hard drive for storage.
What is the best computer for photo editing?
This article gives a list of the top desktop PCs that have both the power and flexibility to edit your photos and videos.
It also provides a comprehensive buyer’s guide giving information on what you need to know before buying a PC.
Table Of Content
Top 10 Best Computer
For Photo Editing
1. Lenovo ThinkCentre M920
Looking for a reasonably-priced desktop with first-class parts?
This is the PC for you:
The Lenovo ThinkCentre M920 is the best photo editing PC with high-end components.
Equipped with a powerful CPU and a dedicated GPU, this comes at a good price given its premium parts.
This unit is an excellent desktop PC, combining both speed and power.
Its memory is cutting-edge and it has virtual reality-ready graphics.
It also has top-notch build quality, which is vital for heavy-duty image manipulation.
Its VR-ready graphics means that lagging will be a thing of the past.
One of the best things about this is that it has a lot of room to upgrade in the future.
Looking for a more compact PC?
The M920 Tower also has a smaller version, the ThinkCentre M920 Tiny.
This compact PC has been MIL-SPEC tested, guaranteeing that is durable and reliable.
It is equipped with a very responsive memory and storage options that are lightning-fast.
It also comes with robust security features.
It comes with a total of 16 front and rear port, including a USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type C, USB 3.1 Gen 2, HDMI, RJ45, and more.
It is also easy to use, configure, and upgrade.
– Portable size
– Perfect design
– Runs hot sometimes
– Slightly expensive
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920 Features
2. Acer Aspire XC-855 UR11
Looking for the best budget desktop computer for photo editing?
The Acer XC-855 UR11 is an inexpensive but reliable desktop PC.
It is a fabulous budget pick; however, it has decent specs and a streamlined design that won’t take up too much space.
The product dimension s are 13 x 3.94 x 11.6 inches, and it weighs 9.26 pounds.
With only 8 GB RAM, the memory is low.
It is upgradable to a maximum of 32 GB, though, and is equipped with a built-in SD memory card reader.
Although the hard drive space is only 1TB, these can be added later on.
It has 8 USB ports, including VGA, HDMI, and USB Type-C.
The PC is not equipped with a discrete GPU.
All in all, this is a good entry-level PC.
– Value for money
– Portable size
– Low memory
Acer Aspire XC-855 UR11 Features
- 8th Generation Intel Core i3-8100 Processor (3.6GHz, 6MB cache)
- 4GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory, 1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive & 8X DVD-Writer Double-Layer Drive (DVD-RW)
- 802.11ac WiFi, Gigabit Ethernet LAN & Bluetooth 5.0
- 1 - USB 3.1 Type C Gen 2 port (up to 10 Gbps), 1 - USB 3.1 Gen 2 Port, 2 - USB 3.1 Gen 1 Ports, 4 - USB 2.0 Ports, 2 - HDMI Ports & 1 - VGA Port
- Windows 10 Home.Maximum Memory:32 GB
3. Apple Mac Mini 2018
Wondering when an Apple would get into the picture?
Well, here it is:
This brilliant all-round mini PC is one of the best computers for photo editing.
The best thing about it is that it comes equipped with four USB-C Thunderbolt 3 ports.
The latest update of Apple’s Mac Mini has been a long time coming, but now that it’s finally here, this tiny PC is well worth the wait.
With its Intel-integrated UHD Graphics 630, it is perfect for editing photos.
It also features high-performance memory that makes it ideal for massive files.
With the Mac Mini, you can transfer data up to 40 Gb/s and run up to two 4K displays.
It has Mac OS Mojave equipped with new built-in apps, dark mode, screenshots, and more.
The Apple Mac Mini 2018 doesn’t take up too much space on your desk.
It is even small enough for photographers to lug around with them wherever they go.
Although it doesn’t come with discrete graphics, which is a little bit disappointing, you can plug in an external GPU via Thunderbolt.
– Adorable Design
– High-performance memory
– Excellent data transfer speed
– Portable design
– Doesn’t come with accessories
Apple Mac Mini 2018 Features
- Quad-core i3 8th-Generation Intel Core Processor
- Intel UHD Graphics 630
- 8GB 2666MHz DDR4
- Ultrafast SSD storage
- Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports, one HDMI 2. 0 port, and two USB 3 ports
4. Apple 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K Display
Are you wondering whether we have another Apple on our list?
Yes, we do. And this time, it’s an all-in-one PC:
The 27-inch iMac has amazing tools to help visual content artists do just about anything.
Coupled with a vibrant 5K Retina display, it has 1 billion colors, giving razor-sharp and clear images that seem to leap off the screen.
Both models have the Fusion drive, providing fast and spacious storage.
The turbo boost speed of this 27-inch model is up to 5.0 GHz.
It is powered by the latest version of macOS, macOS Catalina.
It is packed with several ports, including two Thunderbolt 3 port.
Since it is an all-in-one PC, it comes with a Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Keyboard pair.
The Magic Keyboard has an ultra-compact design while Magic Mouse 2 glides smoothly across your desk.
It also has video support and camera, stereo speakers, a microphone, and a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
– The CPU is fast, even for file transfers and graphic applications
– Videos and photos are expertly colored
– Long battery life
– Poor audio
– Doesn’t allow touch screen option, unlike several Apple products
Apple 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K Display Features
- 27-inch (diagonal) 5120-by-2880 Retina 5K display
- Stunning 5-mm-thin design
- 6-Core 8th-Generation Intel Core i5 Processor
- Radeon Pro 570x, 575x, or 580x Graphics processor
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
5. Apple iMac Pro
Here’s one more Apple on our list. And it’s the best Apple product yet:
If you’re a professional photographer, then the Apple iMac Pro is the best PC that you can buy for your business.
It is a very powerful all-in-one PC that makes use of cutting-edge technology.
It is packed with the most advanced storage and memory, with a 5K Retina display to boot.
It has a 5120 x 2880 resolution, able to support one billion colors.
It can balance multi-core processing – up to 18 cores!
As a professional photographer, you can do all of these with the Apple iMac Pro at lightning speed: render images, edit videos, and edit photos.
It also delivers the best graphics so far.
The GPU is able to fetch data up to 512 GB/s.
It is compatible with several editing software such as Osirix MD, Adobe Photoshop CC, Pixelmator Pro, Logic Pro X, and more.
It is also equipped with enhanced integration and security.
There are several downsides, though to this magnificent device.
One is that it’s very expensive, and two, it is not user-upgradable.
If the Apple iMac Pro’s level of power is something you don’t need at the moment, then you can opt for other more affordable PCs.
– Superfast internal SDD
– Powerful computer, making it ideal for high-end applications
– High-quality display
– Sleek design
– No expansion slots
– Doesn’t support additional internal storage
Apple iMac Pro Features
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- 3.2GHz 8-core Intel Xeon W processor w/Turbo Boost up to 4.2GHz
- 32GB 2666MHz ECC memory
- 1TB SSD storage, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports, 10GB Ethernet
- Radeon Pro Vega 56 with 8GB HBM2 memory
6. Microsoft Surface Studio 2 28-inch
Are you looking for a stylish PC that delivers the best graphics?
Then check out Microsoft`s pc :
Then the uniquely-designed Microsoft Surface Studio 2 all-in-one PC is definitely worth it.
Dubbed as a future-proof device, this powerful PC features both build quality and performance for photo editing needs.
The features of this all-in-one PC are perfect for any visual content creator such as photographers and video editors.
Since it runs on Windows 10, there will be lots of compatible photo editing apps available for it such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Autodesk, and SolidWorks.
This is a perfect Windows alternative if you’re not an iMac user.
Some of its powerful features are it has the biggest digital drawing board which you can push down like a piece of paper.
You can effortlessly tilt the display at 20 degrees down.
It also seamlessly transitions in-between modes.
It also has a built-in touch-sensitive screen, giving photographers more choices to interact with it. The display has 13.5 million pixels of real colors, sparking the creativity of artists.
It has a 28” PixelSense screen display with a resolution of 4500 x 3000.
It supports a surface pen and has a zero-gravity hinge.
The only catch is that is that it’s very expensive.
– Big performance improvements
– Brighter display
– Higher contrast ratio
– Inconvenient port placement
Microsoft Surface Studio 2 28-inch Features
- Our most powerful Surface yet with Intel Core i7 processors, discrete NVIDIA GeForce GPU, and SSD storage
- The strikingly large 28" PixelSense Display is a stunning touchscreen with 13.5 million pixels of true-to-life color
- Tilt the display weightlessly to work at 20 degrees down in Studio Mode or upright in Desktop Mode; Touch: 10 point multi-touch
- Keep creativity flowing when you draw with the improved Surface Pen and use Surface Dial* for intuitive shortcuts
- Runs intensive professional-grade software like SolidWorks,* Adobe Creative Cloud,* and Autodesk*
7. HP Pavilion 27-inch all-in-one Computer
Here’s one of the best PCs for both photo and video editing:
This affordable HP Pavilion 27-inch all-in-one Computer provides a great compromise between price and power.
Featuring an 8th Generation industry-leading Intel processor and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card, this is an ideal desktop not only for photo editing but for video editing as well.
Featuring a great, futuristic design, this all-in-one computer has a large display that measures 27 inches with a resolution of 2560 x 1440.
Although this is marketed as a home computer, it is powerful enough to use for editing and storing photos, especially for beginners and enthusiasts.
If there is a better graphics processor just like this HP Pavilion, it benefits Photoshop because there are some tools in the editing software that won’t work with an unsupported GPU.
It also features a Quad HD touchscreen and dual speakers found just below the monitor.
It also has a 3-in-1 media card reader, wireless keyboard and mouse, and an HDMI-in port.
It is quite compact with dimensions of 24.1 x 7.64 x 19 inches and only weighs 16 pounds.
The only downside is that it doesn’t really have an upgradable memory.
– Perfect design
– Large display
– Powerful for storing and editing photos
– No upgradable memory
HP Pavilion 27-inch all-in-one Computer Features
- The perfect home computer: with an industry-leading Processor and up to 16 GB of RAM, your family can surf, stream, work and play with all the power they need
- 8th Generation intel(r) Processor: 8th Generation intel(r) core(tm) i7-8700T Processor, 6-Core, 2.40GHz
- Beautiful graphics: nvidia(r) geforce(r) GTX 1050 (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated memory). power everything from the latest games to visually demanding design work with fewer slowdowns
- Integrated monitor and audio: 10-point touch-enabled 27" Diagonal widescreen QHD (2560 x 1440) IPS WLED-backlit micro-edge monitor and rich audio with dual speakers, HP Audio Boost, and tuning by B&O play
- Hard Drive and memory: 2 TB 5400Rpm SATA hard drive + 256 GB pcie(r) nvme(tm) M.2 Solid State Drive and 16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM
8. HP Omen Obelisk Desktop Computer
Can you use a gaming computer for photo and video editing?
The answer is yes, and it works just as well. Here’s the perfect example:
Essentially designed for gaming enthusiasts, HP Omen Obelisk works just as well for photo and video editing needs.
The best feature of this HP Omen Obelisk tower is its hyper-realistic graphics.
Of course, being a gaming computer, you would only expect the best graphics.
It uses NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER. For editing requirements, the PC also has a super-fast processor.
The tower itself is beautifully designed with a side panel made of tempered glass.
The Obelisk’s height is in between an SFF tower and a mid-tower.
It has the perfect height and won’t take up too much space.
It only weighs 22 pounds.
The motherboard has five USB Type A ports, four of which are 3.0.
When tested with a custom Adobe Photoshop CC, the HP Omen Obelisk performed very well because its storage subsystem and RAM speed up the process of photo editing.
– Tasteful visual design
– Appealing compact build
– Less-expensive competitors can match performance
– Fans produce loud noise under full load
HP Omen Obelisk Desktop Computer
- CUTTING-EDGE GAMING PERFORMANCE: Geared with the latest hardware and easy to upgrade, so you can crush the latest and most demanding games including Fortnite, PUBG, and Overwatch
- SUPER FAST PROCESSOR: 8th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 Processor, 6-Core, 2.80 GHz
- BEAUTIFUL GRAPHICS: NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5 dedicated memory). With NVIDIA Pascal technology, this is the perfect choice for the latest HD games
- HP OMEN COMMAND CENTER: Included software lets you customize RGB lighting, prioritize gaming network traffic, and stream your PC games on your big screen TV with OMEN Game Stream (a free remote gaming service)
- SOLID STATE DRIVE AND MEMORY: 256 GB PCIe(R) NVMe(TM) M.2 Solid State Drive and HyperX(R) 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (upgradable to 32 GB)
9. Lenovo Yoga A940
Are you a professional photographer looking for a less pricy alternative to iMac?
The Lenovo Yoga A940 is for you.
This iMac alternative is at a good price point.
It has older components than the state-of-the-art iMacs that we have included in this list, but they are still powerful enough to meet a photographer’s needs.
The Lenovo Yoga has a 100% Adobe RGB support, so it is a top-notch best computer for photo editing.
This is also an all-in-one device that features a tilting 4K UHD display with a display size of 27 inches.
It also has pen support and a content creation dial that allows you to scroll your favorite programs.
It allows you to easily toggle between the pencil tool and the eraser tool.
There are a lot of conveniences such as a special pen storage groove and a wireless charging dock.
All-in-all, you get your money’s worth with this product.
It also includes a wireless keyboard and mouse.
On the downside, many users say that it is too heavy and the screen may be too sensitive.
– Plenty of ports
– Relatively affordable price
– Full, loud, front-firing audio
– Excellent display
– Loud fan noise
Lenovo Yoga A940 Features
- Intel Core i7-8700K with TURBO BOOST to 4.70GHz (EXTREME-power processor)
- 32 GB of RAM (ULTRA performance); up to 10GB graphics RAM
- 1 TB SSD (HUGE pure SSD); QI Wireless Charging;
- 27" Ultra HD 4K 10-point MULTI-TOUCH tilting screen with pen support, a content creation dial, and other innovative solutions engineered to provide the ultimate workspace for your creativity.
- Dolby Atmos Speaker System; 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, 1 x HDMI out/in, 3-in-1 Card Reader, 1 x LAN port RJ45, 1 x USB 3.1, 4 x USB 3.0, 1 x Intel Thunderbolt, 1MP web camera&mic, wireless Keyboard/mouse
10. MSI Trident 3 Desktop Computer
Now that we have proven that a gaming PC works just as well for photo editing, here’s another gaming PC that’s packed with high performance:
MSI has always been known as the world’s leading gaming brand. MSI Trident 3 is being marketed as a mini PC, the world’s smallest gaming PC.
But what makes up for its size are its powerful and robust features.
The award-winning design (IF Design Awards 2017) also lets you choose how it stands –either horizontal or vertical.
It also has powerful cooling capabilities, separating the GPU and CPU in different chambers.
The VR-ready desktop supports matrix display.
It has a compact size and only weighs 6.99 pounds, which means that it could easily fit into your backpack.
This is the type of computer that you can take anywhere.
Its mid-range GPU and 9th Gen Intel Core processor is a great combination for photo editing and for maximizing Photoshop.
This is an affordable alternative to high-end PCs and it does the job equally well.
– Compact size
– Low power consumption
– Fairly affordable
– Attractive design
– Extruder needs to be swapped every time you use a filament that requires heat above 250°C
– Software can do with some minor improvements
MSI Trident 3 Desktop Computer Features
- Form Factor: mATX (Mid Tower Form Factor design) | Operating System: Windows 10
- Processor: Core i5-8400 6 core 2.8 GHz 9M Cache | Motherboard: H310
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA's Latest GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5
- RAM: 8GB (8GB x 1) DDR4 SO-DIMM 2133Mhz 2 slots, Max 32GB | Storage: 1TB 7200RPM (3.5")
- Special Features: VR ready | Front Access VR Port | Proprietary Cooling System | Nahimic Sound System | Vertical or Horizontal Orientation
Best Computer For
Photo Editing Buying Guide
There are a few things that you need to keep in mind while looking for the perfect computer for photo editing.
Let’s take a look at them –
1. The processor, also referred to as CPU, is the brain of your system.
Therefore, you should look for a computer that comes with excellent CPU.
Processors are split into cores, and computers with more cores are able to multi-task better.
If you are looking for an ideal computer with a decent processor, check out Corsair One i164.
2. People who use photo editing software are going to need super-fast storage with a large capacity.
Due to this reason, it is best to opt for computers with decent.
HP Pavilion Wave is just what you need for a solid SDDperformance.
3. When you look for the perfect computer for photo editing, you cannot completely ignore the price.
For beginners, it is best to go for options that are fairly affordable.
If you are looking for an affordable computer for photo editing, MSI Trident 3 Desktop Computer is just what you need.
4. Cropping is a major task to accomplish in photo editing.
Manipulating images perfectly requires very high resolution.
Hence, it is something you shouldn’tignore while buying a computer.
For an outstanding display, try Apple 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K Display.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is Photo Editing?
A. Photo editing is the process of altering an image with the help of technology.
Other terms used for photo editing include photoshopping, image editing, image manipulation, etc.
Q2. Will my photo editing be better with a choice of computer?
A. Computers are available in several varieties.
When it comes to photo editing, you need certain features, such as fast processer, high-resolution, etc., for a more efficient and faster workflow.
A computer with better features will definitely make your photo editing experience better.
Q3. Are gaming computers good for photo editing?
A. Gaming laptops might be an overkill for photo editing.
Most gaming laptops are equipped with a lot more features and functions that won’t be necessary for photo editing.
However, it can still work fine.
It may seem difficult to differentiate among the various varieties of coffee, yet latte can be identified because of the generous use of frothed milk in its making.
One doesn’t have to fret over its taste if the machine they are using to make it has an apt frother, preferably built-in.
The recommendations we’ve made so far have strong standing as efficient latte makers.
Mr. Coffee’s Café Barista is perfect for people who enjoy variety in their coffee beverage.
On the other hand, Ninja is an easy-to-use and straightforward design that can be fitted in small spaces.
Weigh down their pros and cons and choose the product that compliments your needs.