Best Twin Mattress For Kids Review
A good quality sleep benefits everybody, but kids depend on it to fuel their speedy development and growth.
Additionally, kids generally tend to want more sleep than grown-ups.
Sleep is vital for a baby’s wellbeing, health and prosperity.
Preferably, you’ll need to purchase a sleeping bed or mattress that can support your kid is having a good enough sleep.
If the mattress is not comfortable for the kid, then it may hinder their sleep.
Studies have discovered that a proper amount of quality sleep influences immune system responsiveness, the memory of kids and even their performance in day to day routines.
Regardless of whether you’re looking for something organic, budget-friendly, memory foam or plain luxurious mattress, there are many appropriate alternatives in the market.
To help you in this matter, we’ll share some best twin mattress for your kids.
Table Of Content
Top 10 Best Twin Mattress For Kids
1. LINENSPA 8-Inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress
Can’t pick between a conventional innerspring and a memory foam mattress for your child?
You don’t need to confuse your mind any more because Linenspa presents you with a twin hybrid mattress which is a combination of both.
LINENSPA 8-Inch has layers of foam at the top of innerspring.
The layer of memory foam supports in aligning the spine to minimize the pressure points for increased comfort.
Its thickness is 8 inches that give a medium-firm feel.
This hybrid mattress gives the benefits of an innerspring mattress combined with hypoallergenic memory foam.
It provides a medium-firm feel.
This mattress has a reliable design that balances contouring and support.
It is shipped in a compressed manner to make the shipping convenient but expand to its full size as soon as you remove it from the box and roll it down.
It is a high-satisfactory mattress that offers a fantastic night’s sleep.
It comes with a 10-year limited warranty that benefits you against any manufacturing defect.
– 10 year limited warranty
– Best Spine Support
– Finished with a councey knit cover
– Bed Bugs Problem is common
LINENSPA 8-Inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress Features
- 8 inch hybrid mattress combine hypallergenic memory foam with the traditional support of an innerspring mattress for a medium-firm feel perfect for kids rooms, guest beds, or an affordable low-profile option
- A plush layer of memory foam helps align the spine to minimize pressure points for increased comfort
- Finished with a cozy knit cover, this mattress is compressed as a bed in a box for convenient delivery and setup
- Available in a medium firm 8 inch profile, a medium 10 inch profile, or a plush 12 inch profile that also features gel infusions and individually encased coils
- Packaging process may leave small brown flecks called carbons in the mattress packaging; These carbons are harmless pieces of plastic and will not stick to your mattress; 10 year limited warranty
2. TUFT & NEEDLE 10-Inch Original Mattress
TUFT & NEEDLE 10-Inch is some way or another the perfect mix of smoothness and firmness.
It is excellent for any resting position because it structures to the body ( but without any suffocation).
Also, it is composed of cooling materials and incorporates a breathable mattress spread to save your child from overheat in bed.
It is CertiPUR-US certified mattress that means it makes use of only a few (or no use) chemical substances in the assembling process.
The thickness of this mattress is 10 inches.
It offers both twin as well as twin XL size and comes with a 10-yr warranty period protecting against manufacturing defects.
It is shipped compressed in a box but comes back to its life as you remove it from the box.
It needs up to 72 hours to expand fully and to dissipate any kind of odor present in the mattress.
They also offer you a 100-night sleep trial.
– Free from harmful chemicals
– 100-night sleep trial
– Packing is proper
– Can experience nagging back pain after continuous use for months
TUFT & NEEDLE 10-Inch Original Mattress Features
- Proven: Over a million people choose us every night. In fact, 95% of our customers keep and love their T&N Original Mattress, Featuring our own proprietary T&N Adaptive foam, the Original Mattress is universally comfortable for all sleeping positions
- Proprietary foam: Our T&N Adaptive foam is engineered based on customer feedback and provides pressure relief where you need it most. An open-cell structure provides a flexible sleep surface that adjusts to you as you move throughout the night
- Cool sleeping: Our foam is more advanced than outdated materials such as latex and memory foam, the T&N Adaptive foam helps pull away heat with cooling graphite and gel beads, wrapped in our breathable plush cover to help keep you cool and comfortable
- Free of harmful chemicals: Our mattresses GREENGUARD Gold and CertiPUR-US certified, this means our beds are held to the highest of standards and are third party tested and certified to free of harmful chemicals, substances or materials
- Questions: We pride ourselves on customer service and urge you to reach out to us directly if you have any questions at any point, our expert customer service team will be available to help you through any hesitations, problems or questions you may have
3. Signature Sleep Contour Encased Coil 8-Inch Mattress
Signature Sleep Contour Encased Coil 8-Inch from signature provides you quality and comfort at the same time, at a lucrative price.
It has foam on the top and the core is packed up with 480 coils for stable support, whereas the base is for comfort.
Additionally, you can use this as a reversible mattress.
The foam has got CertiPUR-US certification meaning it is free from any flame retardants, mercury, ozone depleters, lead, and other heavy metals.
The thickness of the mattress is 8 inches.
This mattress is delivered to you in a compressed manner or vacuum-sealed in a small box, so it becomes easy to handle.
When you take it out of the pack, it extends to its total size.
Parents have given this mattress a full rating saying it’s very much supportive and does not get saggy.
– Relieving you of the pressure points
– Made without phthalates
– Perfect fit for all
– Non-removable and non-washable cover.
Signature Sleep Contour Encased Coil 8-Inch Mattress Features
- A layer of high density foam at the top and bottom of the mattress gives you a comfortable embracing feel to minimize the feeling of the coils
- 7" 15 gauge independently encased coils provide an equal weight distribution by contouring the curves of your body, relieving pressure points
- Twin mattress dimensions: 75"L x 39"W x 8"H. Net weight: 49.5 pounds. Shipping dimensions: 40"L x 13"W x 13"H
- The reversible feature provides extra versatility enabling you to flip and rotate the mattress to even out the wear and last for years to come
- Foam in this mattress is made without PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP (“Tris”) flame retardants, ozone depleters, mercury, lead and heavy metals. Foam is low in VOC emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 PPM). Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Safety Product Commission. Non-removable and non-washable cover
4. AMERISLEEP AS2 Memory Foam Mattress – Twin
AMERISLEEP AS2 Memory Foam Mattress is specially designed for those kids who prefer to sleep on their backs and not on their side even if they have learned to roll around on the bed.
It supports the back and belly, providing a medium-firm feel for comfortable sleep.
It has 12 inches thickness which consists of 4 layers to give airflow, stability, soundness, and support.
It is manufactured using a support layer of Bio-Core foam that does not sag even using it for decades.
Foam comebacks to its shape very quickly, bouncing back within 4 seconds.
It will fit in maximum bed frames such as box springs, flat frames, slatted frames, and can likewise carry out properly well when put straightforwardly at the floor.
It comes with a 20-year limited warranty.
This mattress is available in two sizes, i.e. twin and twin XL.
This brand ships a compressed mattress in an environment-friendly box.
Also, they offer you a 100-night sleep trial.
– Best for Back and Stomach sleepers
– Eco-friendly design to keep you cool
– Suited for any frame
– High Price
AMERISLEEP AS2 Memory Foam Mattress Features
- MEDIUM-FIRM FEEL GREAT FOR BACK AND STOMACH SLEEPERS: Medium-firm foam mattress designed with targeted pressure relief for back and stomach sleepers
- ECO-FRIENDLY DESIGN KEEPS YOU COOL: Environmentally-friendly, plant-based memory foam features an open cell structure with more air space between the foam to keep you cool and comfortable
- SUPPORTS YOU ON ANY FRAME: Works with any frame, including flat frames, slatted frames, box springs, adjustable bases, and can be placed directly on the floor
- RECOVERS SHAPE QUICKLY: Foam recovers shape quickly, bouncing back in 4 seconds, so you never feel "stuck"
- BUILT TO LAST: Made to last with Bio-Core foam support layer that won't sag even after decades of use
5. Linenspa 6-inch Innerspring Mattress
This Linenspa 6-inch Innerspring Mattress is very comfortable for your toddlers or kids.
This mattress is cost-effective, or you can say the best affordable mattress available.
This mattress provides high quality and super comfort, and excellent value.
It is 6 inches thick, which is incorporated with two layers of padding above springs.
One layer is of quilted fabric and the second top layer is of foam to provide cozy comfort, It provides a firm feel.
Linenspa designed this low-profile mattress explicitly for children to keep them a bit closer to the ground (if any fall occurs) and this mattress can fit in any frame like bunk beds, box springs, daybeds, metal grids, trundle beds, and slatted/platform bed frame.
This mattress is delivered compressed in a box for easy handling and unboxing the packaging within 72 hours allows the mattress to expand to its full size and it is suggested to give an extra 48-72 hours for proper decompression.
You can purchase this mattress in 2 different sizes (twin and twin XL) which may be bought with a platform mattress frame.
– Firm but comfortable.
– Durable and long-lasting
– Feeling too firm to many
Linenspa 6-inch Innerspring Mattress Features
- Your purchase includes one Linenspa 6-inch innerspring mattress, in twin size
- Item's dimensions: 39" W x 75"L x 6"H. Feel: Firm
- Fits box springs, slatted/platform bed frame and metal grids
- Remove packaging within 72 hours, and allow an extra 48-72 hours for proper decompression
- The Linenspa 6-inch Innerspring Mattress is a comfortable, supportive option for toddlers, kids, and teens as their bodies grow and develop
6. Naturepedic Verse Organic Mattress – Twin Firm
Experts suggest picking those dual mattresses for kids which are as synthetic-free as possible and are GOLS(Global Organic Latex Standard) and GOTS(Global Organic Textile Standard) certified.
The Naturepedic Verse Organic Mattress is the best organic mattress available in the market, which is certified to the GOTS standard.
Their materials and factory are not only the ones which are certified but also the finished product.
These are produced using only natural cotton, breathable organic wool, and nontoxic fixing, which implies that there are no polyurethane foam, biocides, fire retardants, chemical water repellent medicines, pastes, etc.
Organic cotton, also known as the purest form (not mixed with anything) of cotton.
It is a beneficial alternative to other kinds of synthetic fabrics and foams available in the market.
This mattress can fit in many bed frames such as a bunk-bed, platform bed, loft, daybed, and some trundle bed frames.
The Naturepedic Verse Mattress allows airflow to forestall overheating.
It provides a firm feel that is ideal for developing kids.
It can fit in most of the bed frames.
These mattresses come with a 10-year limited warranty against any manufacturing defect.
– Hypoallergenic and non-toxic
– Offers firm support for added stability and bounce
– Features breathable organic cotton and wool
– Encased steel coil innerspring reduces motion transfer
– Higher cost compared to other brands’ products with similar features
Naturepedic Verse Organic Mattress Features
- ORGANIC MATTRESS: Our 100% GOTS certified mattresses pass all government flammability requirements while maintaining UL/GREENGUARD certifications for low chemical emissions
- COOLING MATTRESS: Breathable organic wool and cotton promote airflow and wick moisture for a cooler, less sweaty sleep; no need for memory foam or gel
- FOR KIDS OR ADULTS: The slightly firmer mattress supports kids' developing bones as they sleep, but is also good for teenagers and adults that like a firm feel
- HEALTHY MATERIALS: All components are made from organic cotton, organic wool, sugarcane PLA, with an inner encased steel coil innerspring
- HANDCRAFTED: All Naturepedic mattresses are made in the USA with domestic and imported components; when shipped to you it arrives compressed in a convenient roll
7. Zinus Support Plus 12-Inch Extra Firm Mattress, Twin
It is always recommended to choose a firm feel mattress when selecting one for your kid.
It is preferred because you can always make a firm mattress by including a topper whereas vice-versa is not possible.
This Zinus Support Plus Firm Mattress is 12-inches thick that consists of some additional coils for increasing firmness and is particularly great for children who tend to sleep on their stomachs.
This 12-inches mattress is assembled with 1.5-inch soft comfort foam layer at the top, then a support layer of 2.5-inch durable high-density foam, and then a 7.5 inch base layer of coils providing firmness.
It has a comfort cover quilted in fiber.
This mattress offers stability and provides comfort with the presence of 3 layers of foam on the top of these coils.
Zinus twin mattress can handle a max weight of 250 lbs.
This mattress is efficiently compressed in a box that can be quickly shipped and moved without needing extra manpower.
Once you unbox it, this mattress does the rest by itself by expanding to its original shape within 72 hours of unrolling it.
It has CertiPUR-US certification and designed without any usage of chemical flame retardants.
It fits great in for platform bed frames but it requires a box spring or some kind of foundation to fit in standard bed frames.
It comes with a ten-year limited warranty.
– Its multilayer foam technology helps your child to sleeps really cool
– Little to none smell or off-gassing
– Infused with Green Tea extract and Castor Natural Seed Oil to retard smell and bacteria.
– Great bounce feel
– Made of premium materials and accredited by CertiPUR-US
– 10 year limited warranty
– Durability issues
– Minor motion transfer
Zinus Support Plus 12-Inch Extra Firm Mattress Features
- FIRM SUPPORT, PLUS MORE - Our firmest mattress ever is engineered with 10% more heavy gauge steel iCoil pocket innersprings for added stability and extra firmness, ideal for stomach sleepers and plus-sized individuals
- SUPPORTIVE FOAM & POCKET SPRINGS - 1.25 inches soft comfort foam, 2.5 total inches durable high-density foam and 7.5 motion-isolating iCoil pocket springs with a microfiber-filled euro top and quilted jacquard cover
- CERTIPUR US CERTIFIED - Highest quality foam is CertiPUR-US Certified for durability, performance, and content. All sizes are subject to +/- 0.5 inch
- EXPERTLY PACKAGED - Our technology allows this mattress to be efficiently compressed into one box that’s easily shipped and maneuvered into the bedroom; simply unbox, unroll and this mattress does the rest, expanding to its original shape within 72 hours
- Worry-free 10 year limited warranty included; twin mattress supports a maximum weight of 250 lbs, while all other sizes can support up to 500 lbs
8. Sweet Night Breeze 8 Inch Medium Mattress – Twin Mattress
Sweet Night Breeze 8 Inch Medium Mattress has the unique properties of Gel and comfort support foam that provides your kid pressure point relief and a night of relaxing sleep.
It offers you long-lasting durability.
The foam of this mattress is made without using any harmful substances such as ozone-depleting agents, PBDEs, flame retardant, lead, Formaldehyde, TDCP Phosphate, TCEP, mercury, and other heavy metals.
This 8 inches mattress has a double layer foam structure and provides a medium-firm feel.
The gel memory foam of the mattress slowly adjusts according to weight & temperature.
It helps in circulating airflow so your child can stay comfortably cool without any overheat.
In contrast, comfort foam strengthens the edges of the mattress and reduces any roll-off from the edge.
These mattresses are shipped compressed in a box at your door that makes it very convenient to move through any hallways or other areas.
It is recommended to wait for 72 hours to get it fully expanded and vanish the odor present in the mattress.
It can work in most bed frames.
It will expand to its original size once you unbox it.
It comes with a ten-year limited warranty.
Also, this mattress doesn’t make a big hole in your pocket.
– 10-Year Warranty
– Great Motion Isolation
– Possible Off-Gassing Smell at First
Sweet Night Breeze 8 Inch Medium Mattress Features
- Best solution Twin mattress-exclusive sweet night Twin size mattress utilizes the unique properties of Gel and comfort support foam helping to give both pressure point relief and a cool comfortable sleep environment. Provides long-lasting durability and body-hugging support with ease of movement. Keeps your body aligned. Washes away the stresses of the day and curl up with a great book on the memory foam mattress from sweet night mattress.
- Health & hypoallergenic mattresses- High density foam made without any harmful substances like formaldehyde, Mercury, and other heavy metals. Plus made of breathable Rayon cotton fabric, The cover is designed to move both heat and moisture away from the surface of the Twin mattresses, naturally hypoallergenic and prevent the growth of stain and odor causing bacteria, mold and mildew In the fiber. Enjoy a healthier sleep with this Queen Memory Foam mattress.
- Comfort & Gel Memory Foam mattress- The 8 inch mattress Twin size will help you get the rejuvenating Rest You need to take on the day with double layer foam structure. 2”Gel infused memory foam slowly adjusts to your body weight & temperature, helps to transfer heat and circulate airflow so you can stay comfortably cool without overheating. 6” comfort foam strengthens the mattress edges and reduce edge roll-off while helping provide comfort and support for a superior sleep each night.
- Smartly shipped & mattress in a box-our Twin size mattresses are compressed, rolled & shipped in a box to your door. Easy to move through narrow hallways and staircases. Fits all frames, such as box Spring, adjustable and slatted base, even hospital bed. Just unboxing, expand & enjoy the mattress memory foam. Over 96% of our customers keep the mattress and recommend it to others. We offer 24/7 service, Contact US freely
- 10 years honor & best fair mattress-we are the manufacturer. A high quality mattress at a fair price. Your gel mattress is protected by a 10 year limited. In the beginning it may feel different than expected, we recommend sleeping on it for a few weeks in order to give your mattress a chance to "break-in” to the way you sleep.
9. Linenspa 5 Inch Gel Memory Mattress, Twin
To get the support and comfort of a gel-infused memory foam mattress at a reasonable price, you can choose Linenspa 5 Inch Gel Memory Mattress for your child.
The top 1-inch surface of the mattress is composed of gel memory foam to provide pressure point relief.
Then there is a comfort layer which is a 4-inch thick base foam creating proper back support.
The memory foam of the mattress is infused with a cooling gel that helps in controlling temperature.
It can fit in frame bunk beds and trundle beds.
It is shipped in a box in a compressed way for convenience.
– You have options when it comes to thickness and firmness
– This is truly a budget buy
– Not for people looking for plush mattress for their kids
– Limited motion isolation or edge support
Linenspa 5 Inch Gel Memory Mattress Features
- 5 inch thick memory foam mattress with firm support
- 1 inch comfort layer made of gel-infused memory foam for pressure point relief
- 4 inches of high density base foam for proper back support
- Mattress is rolled, compressed and boxed for convenient shipping and setup
- Backed by a 10-year warranty against manufacturer defects.Materials Cover - 60% Polyester, 40% Viscose, Inner Material - 80% Polyurethane Foam, 20% Viscoelastic Polyurethane Gel Foam
10. Molblly 6-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress
This is incorporated with two layers all-foam system including 1-inch memory foam at the top and 5 inches of high-density support foam at the base offering super comfort to your kid.
The very soft hypoallergenic cover layer of the mattress is washable as per your convenience.
It is CertiPUR-US certified and includes no harmful materials such as formaldehyde, mercury, and other heavy metals.
The Memory foam allows continuous airflow & makes it a breathable mattress.
This 6 inches gel-infused memory Mattress is shipped compressed in a box allowing it to pass from hallways to the bedroom easily.
It will expand to its full once you take it out of the box.
Allow up to 48 to 72 hours to expand it fully and disappear any kind of odor present in the mattress.
They fit all bed frames and come with a period of 10 years warranty against manufacturing defects.
– Removable cover for easy cleaning
– Best for side sleepers
– Offers great support for joints and spine
– Poor edge support
– Unsuited for hot sleepers
Molblly 6-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress Features
Best Twin Mattress For Kids Buying Guide
This Buying guide focuses primarily on mattresses for children as kids have different safety needs.
Sleeping Position: It is a crucial factor influencing your choice of mattress.
You should know the preferred sleeping position of your child.
The sleeping position of your kid is a key factor in selecting a mattress.
Kids who tend to sleep on their side prefer a mattress which is slightly softer whereas stomach and back sleepers favour a mattress with a firm feel.
The softer mattress allows kids to plunge in their wider body parts such as shoulders and hips whereas a firmer mattress does not allow much sinkage.
If your kid rolls around a lot during the sleep, then you can choose a model that supports all sleeping positions.
Temperature Regulation: Some mattresses are incorporated with cooling materials that prevent kids from overheating (which may lead to sweating) during sleep while some allow trapping heat.
If your kid is prone to overheating and sweating, then you should opt for a mattress with better airflow circulation to give them comfortable and cooling support.
Latex, innerspring and hybrid models are often more breathable than the all-foam models.
But there are also many all-foam models that have features to support them sleep more undisturbed.
Noise: Some mattresses generate creaking sound while changing a sleeping position to another, which may lead to disturbance in sleep.
If your child is a light sleeper, these sounds could disturb them.
Mattresses with layers of coils tend to be more vulnerable in making noise than the all-foam models.
Type of mattress: You also need to consider the type of mattress best suited for your kid.
The type of mattress also influences durability, feel, and other performance factors.
You have choices to choose from innerspring, foam, and hybrid.
These mattresses have their unique features and qualities.
For instance, Innerspring mattresses have more extended longevity and give more of a firm feel or a hybrid mattress for reliable support.
Budget: knowing your budget range beforehand helps you narrow down your search.
The price of a mattress is influenced by its materials, size, production, and durability.
But it is recommended to spend on a quality mattress that will save you money in the long run.
A twin mattress can cost you anywhere between $100 to $1,000 and sometimes above, but on an average innerspring mattress fall in the $300–$500 price range, while a memory foam mattress may cost you even less.
Avoid mattresses that are made from materials that are off-gas, and if you choose to go with foam mattress, ensure it has a reputable secured and safety certification.
Now you have all the influencing factors, it is easy to make a decision for your toddler or kid.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How much thickness is preferred for a kid's mattress?
A. The thickness of the mattress for your child is an important safety consideration.
It becomes particularly essential for the children who are transitioning to a regular bed from a crib bed, but they may still need safety rails.
A thicker mattress fills the gap between the mattress and the top of the safety rail, which may create a risk to your kids.
So, it is better to have a thin mattress for toddlers and young children.
Q2. Is it safe to use memory foam mattresses for kids?
A. Memory foam mattresses are not considered safe for the kids below the age of 8 as they might sink too far in those foam mattresses.
Toddlers and babies should never be made to sleep on foam mattresses because the layers of foam in these mattresses can suffocate them by conforming their face.
Q3. Do toddlers require a firm mattress?
A. Toddlers don’t have the same requirements as adults.
Their heads are big if compared with their body.
A soft and fluffy mattress might feel cosy to your child, but a super soft mattress can conform to the face of your little one.
Choose a firm feel mattress that doesn’t sink much.
Here is the list of various twin mattresses to choose from.
Each mattress is different from the other in some manner be it the firm feel, price range, foam mattress, or the size of the mattress.
Considering safety concerns, make sure you’re buying a breathable mattress free from any toxins, moisture, and chemicals as they can lead to the growth of bacteria.