Best Spray Paint for Cars Review
Is your car looking a tad old even though it is only a few years old?
Daily usage and insufficient care can do that to any vehicle.
Fortunately, there is a solution to that: a fresh coat of paint!
A fresh coat of paint to an aging car is like giving it a new lease on life and the best part is you can do it yourself especially if you relish do-it-yourself projects.
Having your car painted at a paint shop can be expensive with price tags of up to a thousand dollars.
Fortunately, there is no need to spend that much money if you equip yourself with the right tools and proper information.
With some attention to detail and a little time, you can get your car looking like new at a fraction of the price!
Now, the question you want to ask is: what is the best car paint?
We are happy to answer that question for you after reviewing some of the best spray paint for cars that are available in the market today.
When it comes to car care, you should not settle for subpar paint and as such, we took a close look at each one, assessing for crucial factors such as overall finish and convenience amongst other elements.
Without further ado, here are our recommendations for the car paint!
Table Of Content
Top 10 Best Spray Paint for Cars
1. Performix Plasti Dip Spray Paint
The Performix Plasti Dip Spray Paint is made to safeguard a surface from the adverse effects of moisture so that you no longer have to worry about either rust or corrosion developing.
Once the Performix Plasti Dip is applied, it does not harden but rather, it remains supple, which means that cold weather or climate will not make the surface brittle.
The Performix Plasti Dip also provides a protective coating that can help insulate you from heat as well as electric shock.
It also helps in making metal easier to grip and handle aside from reducing sounds and vibrations.
– Ideal for a lot of DIY projects.
– Multi-utility product for home, garden and garage.
– Offers protection against corrosion, abrasion, acids, moisture, etc.
– Might require multiple coats for that perfect finish.
Performix Plasti Dip Spray Paint Features
- PERFORMIX plastic Dip is a multipurpose, air dry, specialty rubber coating
- It can be easily applied by dipping, brushing, or spraying
- Plastic Dip Protective coating is ideal for a broad array of do-it-yourself projects around the home, garage, garden, and elsewhere
- Protects coated items against moisture, acids and corrosion
- Provides a non-slip, comfortable and controlled grip
2. Dupli-Color Jet Black Single Paint for Automotive
Dupli-Color Jet Black Single Paint is ready-made to be applied along with a paint sprayer, having already been thinned, making it ideal for spray-painting use.
This will help expedite the car painting process, as you no longer have to worry about measuring, mixing and testing.
Besides, you can even apply the second coat not long after you have finished putting on the first one, as you do not have to wait for the first coat to either dry or cure.
When using this product, car painting is done quickly as the material dries up rather quickly.
You can even wet sand the surface to make sure it is clear of any imperfections.
Moreover, experts and consumers alike consider this product to be durable, capable of giving your paint job the depth that you want it to have.
– No thinning required.
– Dries quickly, hence, it makes applying multiple coats of paint easy.
– Best for automotive body exteriors.
– Packaging not great.
Dupli-Color Jet Black Single Paint Features
- Pre-reduced, ready-to-spray lacquer
- No mixing or reducing required
- Easy to apply and dries quickly
- No recoat window, reapply at any time
- Must be clear coated
3. Top Coat Gloss Spray Paint
When looking to paint your car, variety of choice is a plus for any product.
The Top Coat Gloss Spray Paint has that in spades as it comes with colours like flat grey, gloss clear, red oxide, gloss white, silver and many others.
When using this, there is no need to put on a primer to the metal surface as this paint can be applied straight away.
– It’s a direct- to -metal coating.
– Offers great protection against corrosion.
– Has got UV protection technology.
– No solvent resistance.
Top Coat Gloss Spray Paint Features
- Weather and corrosion resistant coating protects exterior/interior surfaces like wood, metal, concrete, masonry and more
- Oil-based formula provides a durable protective coating with excellent rust prevention
- Dries to touch in 2 to 4 hours and covers up to 15 sq ft
- Excellent resistance to abrasion, fading and chipping
- Glossy finish provides a fresh shine to surfaces
4. Dupli-Color Trim and Bumper Spray Paint
When painting your car, you may soon realize its different parts need various kind of paint.
Your car’s bumper and trim need the use of a specialized kind of spray paint and when it comes to that kind of product, none is better than the Dupli-Color Trim and Bumper Spray Paint.
This product is a breath of fresh air for bumpers and trim that have seen better days, as it will give it a uniform color.
Aside from that, this product may also be used on thermoplastic and polyurethane.
This paint sticks very well and is already dry to the touch in as little as 30 minutes.
– Comes with an easy touch fan spray nozzle.
– Offers impressive adhesion.
– Features uniformity in color.
– Might be a little too shiny for some tastes.
Dupli-Color Trim and Bumper Spray Paint Features
- Renews And Protects Discolored Trim & Bumpers
- Superior Adhesion
- Dry To Touch In 30 Minutes/Handle In 1 Hour
- Provides A Uniform Solid Color
- Flash point: -18.0 degrees_celsius
5. SEM Paints Satin Black Color Coat Aerosol
If you want to give your car a new life, you need to be able to restore various parts of your car like the vinyl seats, the door panels and the carpeting.
SEM Paints Satin Black Color Coat Aerosol is expertly designed to do just that as it will help you mend other materials in your vehicle.
Aside from having plenty of colors to choose from — you have 24 in all — this product also dries up quickly and is flexible so that you can use it on the door panels and the seats.
This product is also resistant to face and it will successfully hide a lot of interior flaws inside the cab.
While this product is ready to spray, do take note that you need a sprayer to use it.
– Doesn’t crack on any surface.
– Ideal for velour, plastic, carpet and vinyl.
– Best for hiding unsightly stains.
– Nozzle not extremely convenient to use.
SEM Paints Satin Black Color Coat Aerosol Features
6. Krylon Color Master Paint Spray
Painting your car can be a time-consuming endeavor.
However, with this product, it need not be as this spray paint is already dry to the touch in as quick as 10 minutes.
Krylon Color Master Paint Spray can also be utilized inside a garage or a workshop.
Car lovers prefer this product since it holds very well and has a smooth finish.
You also have several finishes to choose from such as gloss, metallic, matte, semi-gloss and primer just to mention a few.
Moreover, you can choose from over 50 colors!
– Offers an amazing finish.
– It comes with an EZ Touch 360-degree dial spray tip for convenient application.
– In just an hour, the painted surface is ready to use.
– You might not get the true color.
Krylon Color Master Paint Spray Features
- For use on plastic, metal, wood and more
- Perfect for indoor and outdoor projects
- Dries in 10 minutes or less
- Durable Covermax technology for premium coverage and brilliant color.
7. Krylon ColorMaster Paint Spray Black
If you want to save both time and money while painting your car, then Krylon ColorMaster Paint Spray Black is ideal for you as it no longer needs a separate primer coating because the paint also acts as the primer.
A mere 15 minutes after application, it is already dry to the touch and after 30 minutes, you can even apply a second coat if you find that it still needs one.
You can take your pick from an assortment of finishes which include stain, metallic, matte, flat and primer just to name a few of your choices.
Aside from your vehicle, you can also use it on wood, fibreglass and others.
– Takes less time to dry.
– Can be used on plastic, metal, wood and a lot of other surfaces.
– Durable Covermax technology offers great coverage and color payoff.
– Not ideal for surfaces that get frequently touched.
Krylon ColorMaster Paint Features
- Premium coverage and superior color with excellent adhesion and durability
- Indoor/outdoor use with rust protection
- Big button spray tip with spray any way capabilities
- For use on Wood, Metal, Wicker, Plastic, Paper Mache, Glass, Plaster/Ceramic, Fabric, Paper
- Dry to touch in 10 minutes or less
8. CRC All Purpose Enamel Spray Paint, 10 oz Aerosol Can
Bid adieu to the constant need for repainting surfaces already covered with paint that chips and peels so much.
CRC All Purpose Enamel Spray Paint, once applied, lasts for long as it doesn’t chip, crack or peel.
It takes around 10 to 30 minutes to dry tack-free, and around 1 hour to dry completely.
This paint is abrasion and corrosion resistant, which explains why its shine stays intact for as long as the paint lasts on a surface.
If you love lacquer paints, then it would be valuable for you to know that this paint has got an enamel formulation which offers amazing durability, flexibility, and gloss.
It is ideal for contractor applications and day-to-day factory use.
– This paint is a good fit for both interior and exterior applications.
– It’s a general-purpose paint with a great deal of versatility.
– The paint doesn’t fade easily.
– The nozzle might be difficult to press.
CRC All Purpose Enamel Spray Paint Features
- Resistant to chipping and peeling
- Dries tack free in 10 to 30 minutes and fully dry in less than 1 hour
- Good resistance to abrasion and corrosion and solvents
- Enamel formulation offers gloss, durability and flexibility superior to lacquer paints
- Use in everyday factory and contractor applications
9. Rust-Oleum Available 252462 Automotive 12-Ounce Enamel Spray Paint
The Rust-Oleum Available 252462 Automotive 12-Ounce Enamel Spray Paint is suited for not just vehicles, but also other metal surfaces.
With every applied coat of this paint, you get vibrant colors.
One of the best things about the product is that it is long-lasting.
So, you won’t have to worry for a long time about repainting a surface that has a coat of this paint on it.
For a professional-looking finish which feels smooth to touch, this paint features an extra-wide fan nozzle for application.
Another thing that makes it worth the money you pay is its amazing color payoff and gloss retention.
Also, if you are looking for paint, particularly for touch-ups, this can be a great option.
– It is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
– You get amazing durability from this paint, as it is weather and UV resistant.
– It also ensures even application.
– Might dry to a rippled finish.
Rust-Oleum Available 252462 Automotive 12-Ounce Enamel Spray Paint Features
- Durable, long-lasting finish
- Wide fan spray delivers a smooth professional appearance
- Excellent UV and weather resistance
- Superior color and gloss retention
- This item is not for sale in Catalina Island
10. ColorBond (1870) BMW Cream Beige LVP Leather, Vinyl & Hard Plastic Refinisher Spray Paint – 12 oz.
ColorBond (1870) BMW Cream Beige LVP Leather, Vinyl & Hard Plastic Refinisher Spray Paint can be used on multiple surfaces like hard plastic and leather.
Hence, it could be an amazing spray paint option for you if you are looking for versatility.
Since it is a car interior paint, you can fix any paint damage inside your car with this product without hassle.
One of the most annoying problems that people face with automative paints is that they easily peel, crack and flake.
Thankfully, this product promises to prevent all of these.
Paint that doesn’t crack or flake lasts long and helps save a lot of money that otherwise goes into repainting surfaces with fresh paint coats to hide peeled off or damaged layers underneath.
It easily bonds to plastic and leather surfaces, offering a finish that looks and feels flawless.
You can use this paint to not just color door panels and dashboards but also car seats.
– It’s an OEM specified product.
– Takes only 10 minutes to bond.
– For sealing in color, it creates a molecular bond with the surface.
– You might not get true colors.
ColorBond (1870) BMW Cream Beige LVP Leather, Vinyl & Hard Plastic Refinisher Spray Paint Features
- Leather, Vinyl and Plastic paint for auto interiors
- Preserves the supple feel you want when you paint vinyl
- Creates a molecular bond to seal in color
- Won’t flake, crack or peel
- Bonds in 10 minutes; OEM specified
Best Spray Paint for Cars
Before you go out and buy equipment to paint your car with, there are a few important things that you need to think of such as:
1) The Scope of the Job
It is important that you formulate a plan before actually head out to procure car paint.
If you plan on just giving your vehicle a small touch-up, you will need only a small kit or even just a touch-up pen.
However, for large-scale repairs that may include painting all four wheels, you might need a few cans of spray paint.
But if you plan on a full-body paint job, that will entail purchasing several gallons of paint.
Whatever the case may be, it is ideal that you first figure out just how much paint you need so you can avoid wastage.
It will also be more convenient this way as you can put in just one order for everything rather than having to pause the job and going out because you realized you are lacking several materials.
2) More Layers
After securing the paint, the next question that you have to ask is: do you need a primer?
Chances are high that you do as most paints need many coats of clear coat to attain maximum protection.
Although there are paints that do not need this, there are some that are ideally matched with a particular topcoat to get the luster that you want.
It is best that you first research the kind of car paint that you want to use to make sure that you have all the essential layers for this paint job.
3) The Finish
How the paint job looks when you are finished relies on your preparation as well as the products that you choose from this task.
While picking candy coats can help you come away with an impressive finish, the right clear coat and polish are more than enough to make acrylic paint shine.
However, some want a matte finish as opposed to a glossy one while there are those that admire accent colors.
It depends on what kind of finish you prefer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How to spray paint my car?
A. Even if you invest in the Best Spray Paint for Cars, you won’t get desired results if you don’t follow the right painting procedure. Before you paint a surface, you must clean and sand it properly. Once that’s done, you need to apply a coat of primer on it. It is now that you can apply your spray paint on this treated surface. Let the paint fully dry before applying the next coat.
Q2. Is spray paint good for painting automotive surfaces?
A. Yes, it’s only spray paint that you should use for such surfaces.
Spray paint spreads evenly on a surface and offers a smooth finish, which you can’t get with brush application.
Q3. What are the factors that I need to keep in mind while purchasing spray paint?
A. Many considerations can help you choose the best spray paint. First of all, you need to choose a paint that has the kind of finish you want- glossy or matte or regular. The second thing to keep in mind is color payoff. Thirdly, make sure the spray paint you pick can deliver the exact shade you require. So, it’s important to know whether or not the concerned brand offers true colors. Other factors that you might like to consider are durability, consistency, price etc.
Now that you are well versed with the best spray paint for cars and how to properly identify which ones you need for specific jobs, you are not far off from being able to complete the paint job yourself!