Best Sony Sound Bar Review
With the state-of-the-art Japanese technology, soundbars from Sony weaves an unmatchable immersive experience for the listener.
Turn you home into a theatre on weekends or unwind in your own musical bubble after a long day of urban battle.
The ones to build Japan’s first tape recorder in 1946, is now making the entire globe-trot to their beats.
For the uninitiated, in soundbars (often referred to as media bars) multiple speakers are lined up in a compact, sleek design that resembles a bar like thin and wide design which emits surround sound.
So, if you have been on the lookout for speakers that will give you the theatre feels, then, here are our recommendations.
Table Of Content
Top 10 Best Sony Sound Bar
1. Sony S100F 2.0ch Soundbar – the best for office use
Getting frustrated over crackling voice during important calls?
Sound like a grumpy monster during presentations?
Gnarly huge speakers marring the entire look of your new office?
Just when you thought, no one cares about your problems, Sony came out with this streamline and compact beauty that can fit your desk as well as your conference room with style.
The Sony S100F 2.0ch Soundbar is credited for emitting sound with crystal clear clarity which is amplified by the bass reflex speaker there to ensure a full range of deep tones.
When it comes to loud sound, this one does pack a punch so you can transform from meeting mode to an office party with ease.
It, however, lacks DTS support and HDMI inputs.
– Affordable price tag
– Best suited for dialogue content making it perfect for office us
– Performs notably well at max volume
– Not the best for an immersive movie experience
– Fails to support height channels and Atmos
Sony S100F 2.0ch Soundbar Features
- Straight from the theater to your home: Easy set-up, 2.1 Ch built in subwoofer, with simple Bluetooth connection
- Low-profile design does not obstruct the view of your television
- Voice enhancement feature strengthens listening experience – ideal for TV content with hushed dialogue or conference call quality
- Easy set up with TV
- Deep bass with built-in subwoofer
2. Sony S200F 2.1ch Soundbar – the most compact soundbar
Living in a dorm or a tiny apartment?
Well, then this sleek beauty is your best bet with a built-in subwoofer which eliminates the need of an extra box.
Andit enhances the bass performance considerably, especially with low-frequency extensions. It does an impeccable job when it comes to the reproduction of voice and offers top-notch performance when pushed to its maximum limits.
Having said that, do not expect it to replace a full surround system but it can definitely upgrade the muddy sound system of your tv.
Sony S200F 2.1ch Soundbar is integrated with Bluetooth, HDMI connection as well as USB type slot for connecting your devices effortlessly.
– Compact and sleek design
– Easy on the pocket
– Great performance considering size, especially for voice-oriented content.
– Smart touch buttons
– Lacks DTS support
– No height channels to increase the sound field beyond the horizontal plane.
Sony S200F 2.1ch Soundbar Features
- Experience Dolby Atmos in a 7.1.2ch, 800W sound bar
- Maintain quality from source to screen with 4K HDR support and HDCP 2.2
- Enjoy the rich, detail of Hi-Res Audio in a stylish design
- Google Home compatibility and wireless multi-room listening
- Receiver-like connectivity with 3 HDMI inputs, HDMI ARC and more
3. Sony ST5000 7.1.2ch 800W – worth every penny of the price tag
Sony ST5000 7.1.2ch 800W gem made its appearance in 2017, and the market has definitely seen a lot of new faces since then.
However, that has not hampered the love and loyalty of audiophiles for this high-end Dolby Atmos Soundbar (first of its kind) from Sony.
The luxurious built quality is complemented with incredible sound quality, audio clarity and spatial presentation. The “Chromecast built-in”, Bluetooth functionality and Wi-Fi music make streaming a cakewalk.
The pretty as a picture design is elevated with the addition of exposed high-frequency coaxial tweeters and a pair of speakers rimmed with gold on either side.
Let’s talk a little bit about the other half of this two-piece best quality soundbar system – the wireless subwoofer; an absolute hero at elevating the bass performance to an unmatchable level.
– 4k support
– Outstanding performance
– Hi-res audio file compatibility
– Integrated HDMI inputs
– A hefty price tag
Sony ST5000 7.1.2ch 800W Features
- Straight from the theater to your home: easy set-up, built-in tweeter, 2-ch speaker with simple Bluetooth connection
- Deep sound with Bass Reflex speaker
- High power with a slim design that matches any room and is perfect for small living spaces
- Voice enhancement feature is great for TV content with hushed dialogue, or to make conference call participants easier to hear
- Easy TV set up with HDMI ARC
4. Sony HT-MT300/B Powerful Mini Soundbar – best to enhance your budget TV’s performance
Tired of the flat, muddy sound coming out of your cheap flatscreen TV?
Here is something from the kitchen of Sony that will give you a low-key movie experience from the comforts of your own little living room or bedroom.
Sticking out like Eminem from the crowd of classic black and grey speakers, the pristine white sony tv sound bar (also available in matte black) has a compact yet smart looking design.
The diminutive wireless subwoofer does a commendable job of enhancing sounds from television and movies.
The portable speaker integrated with Bluetooth connectivity makes it easy to roam with it around the house to fill any corner with melodious tunes.
And the miniature size of Sony HT-MT300/B Powerful Mini Soundbar cutie can squeeze into any tight home theatre space.
– Balanced audio
– Compact build
– Effortless Sony sound bar setup
– EQ enhancements
– No HDMI ARC connection
– Narrow Soundstage
Sony HT-MT300/B Powerful Mini Soundbar Features
- Straight from the theater to your home: powerful mini soundbar with easy set-up and clear sound for any home office or family room
- Stylish, compact design fits a wide variety of spaces, including a slim wireless subwoofer that conveniently fits under a sofa or desk
- Voice enhancement feature strengthens listening experience – ideal for TV content with hushed dialogue or conference call quality
- Surround yourself with S-Force PRO Front Surround sound. Subwoofer Size (W X H X D) 3.74 x 15.08 x 14.37 ( Inches)
- Connect and stream music easily via Bluetooth with NFC
5. Sony CT800 Powerful Sound bar – Sound that will blow you away
Let’s start with the smart designing of this well-built beast with an angled soundstage that ejects sound upwards and outwards towards the audience, which helps in widening the soundstage.
The wireless subwoofer definitely brings the boom into your living room while directional drivers and build-in DSP enhances the audio performance of the low-profile slender bar.
Sony CT800 Powerful Sound bar offers 4k and HDR support, Roon compatibility for music lovers as well as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.
– Built-in Chromecast
– 1 channel
– 3 HDMI Inputs
– Loud and bright sound
– Lacks a lot of bass
– Mediocre dialogue audio
Sony CT800 Powerful Sound bar Features
- Maintain 4K quality with HDCP2.2 and HDR support
- Google Home compatibility with voice control; Chromecast built-in makes a direct connection to the streaming service, so your smartphone battery lasts much longer than it would over Bluetooth connection.
- Easily add wireless surround sound speakers
- Stream music or video sound to different rooms with wireless multi-room listening
- Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD Master Audio format support; A / V Sync: Yes (0-300 ms, 25 ms/step)
6. Sony Z9F 3.1ch Sound bar – the best processor
Sony went out of its way to develop a beast of a processor that gives this ultra-slim soundbar all the power and features it needs to blow your mind.
A design so sleek that one might not even notice it, but boy oh boy, it is sure to make everyone’s ears jump in attention with its unprecedented audio quality.
Not only does it eject audio with crystal clear clarity but also delivers powerful and detailed dialogue.
Sony Z9F 3.1ch Sound bar pricey beauty is not a cheap substitute for a surround sound system; rather, it sets a mark in that market.
The wireless subwoofer will give enough bass power to make you couch quaver.
The rightfully hyped processor of this soundbar gives you a true virtual surround sound that will give you the most impressive immersive experience.
– Impressive design and built
– Impeccable audio quality
– Delivers an incredible immersive experience
– Will burn a hole in your pocket
Sony Z9F 3.1ch Sound bar Features
- Ultimate Home Theater Upgrade with 3.1ch Dolby Atmos/DTS: X and Vertical Sound Engine
- Seven sound modes for enhanced movies, music, gaming, news and sport
- 4K HDR-compatible
- Voice enhancement for greater clarity
- Built-in Wi-Fi and easy BLUETOOTH streaming
7. Sony HTX8500 2.1ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X Soundbar – the best value soundbar
Who could have thought that Sony can pack in such blockbuster performance and quality in a soundbar as lean as this one!
We have been let down by many a compact soundbar when it comes to generating a truly immersive soundstage given the fact that Dolby Atmos lean on height information to create so.
However, the DTS processor in this one takes the cake and makes Sony HTX8500 2.1ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X Soundbar possible for the low profile soundbar to create a soundstage that will give its expensive tall sound boxes a run for their money.
Moreover, the proprietary vertical sound engine adds to the gutsy performance by enhancing the wraparound sound effect.
The sturdy singular design does away with external speakers or subwoofer.
The integrated subwoofer packs enough punch to make for an unreal bass effect.
The super-sensitive array of touch buttons features indicators for Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, Vertical Surround, TV, HDMI and Bluetooth.
– Compatible with Dolby Atmos and DTS
– Best price Sony soundbar
– Incredible audio quality
– Integrated subwoofer that packs a punch
– Compact singular design
– Lacks hi-res audio ability
Sony HTX8500 2.1ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X Soundbar Features
- 7.1.2ch Dolby Atmos/DTS X with Vertical Sound Engine
- Dual built-in subwoofers for deep bass
- All sound upscaled close to 7.1.2ch audio
- Seven different sound modes to enhance your entertainment experience
- Voice enhancement for greater clarity
8. Sony HT-S350 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer – a subwoofer that packs a punch
Although we have come a long way from girthy television sets, we have paid the price of quality audio as we gravitated towards the sleek styles.
Sony HT-S350 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer from Sony does a decent job of escalating the audio quality of movies, music and games, making it a perfect addition in a condensed space with its rather compact design.
The external wireless subwoofer is quite a robust beast which can be seen in its full glory, especially, in the Night Mode of the soundbar.
The EQ modes help one transition from one mode to another for the perfect audio depending on the content they are consuming.
One can choose between Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity and HDMI –CEC output to connect their television.
It ejects neutral audio and is definitely a great entry-level soundbar for those looking to enhance the sound of their television.
– A subwoofer that packs a punch
– Decent audio
– Effortless setup
– Relatively budget-friendly
– Lacks Dolby Atmos and DTS support
– Lacks quality Bluetooth codec support
Sony HT-S350 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer Features
- Ultimate Home Theater Upgrade: Sony 2.1 Channel Sound Bar System With Wireless Subwoofer for Optimized Audio
- Audio Comes Alive:320W total power output brings content to life with incredible volume and clarity
- Powerful Subwoofer: Large 6.30 Inches Speaker Unit and 6.16 Gallon Volume for a Deeper, Richer Bass Sound
- S-Force Pro: Virtual Surround Sound Technology Emulates a Theater-Style Surround Sound Experience
- 7 Sound Modes: Choose from Auto Sound, Cinema, Music, Game, News, Sports, and Standard Audio Mode
9. Sony HT-G700 3.1CH Dolby Atmos/DTS:X Soundbar – the best competitive soundbar
While Sony claiming to create a 7.1.2 surround sound experience with a modest 3.1 channel is definitely a talk too tall.
But one definitely cannot ignore the audio quality, which is good enough to outdo the competition at this price range (which is rather steep, to be honest).
Sony HT-G700 3.1CH Dolby Atmos/DTS:X Soundbar delivers quite an impressive audio performance for televised content, especially when the Cinema Preset unlocks.
However, the sonic is not as impressive when music comes on even though it boasts of Dolby Atmos and DTS:X audio formats.
The subwoofer (replicating the dimensions of a briefcase) though is quite a punchy one delivering well on expectations.
It is capable of accepting a wide range of formats from Dolby Digital through Dolby TrueHD to full-blown Dolby Atmos, and from basic DTS through DTS HD Master Audio to DTS:X.
This definitely makes it stand out from the crowd.
– A powerful wireless subwoofer
– Incredible sounds with movies and television
– Dual HDMI inputs, one with eARC
– A price tag which can offer better configuration from competitor brands
– Fails to recreate true Atmos effects
– No expandability
Sony HT-G700 3.1CH Dolby Atmos/DTS:X Soundbar Features
- 3.1ch Dolby Atmos/DTS: X and Vertical Surround Engine
- Immersive AE (Audio Enhancer) upscale audio closes to 7.1.2 each sound
- Wireless subwoofer delivers powerful bass sound
- Sound modes to customize listening to movies and music
- Multiple easy connections so you can enjoy all your media
10. Sony HT-SF150 2ch Single Soundbar – the best alternative to girthy soundbars
The sleek yet wide built of the HT-SF150 houses a couple of speakers and sits well even in tight spaces.
The soundbar is capable of firing an even frequency response with an impressive low end by virtue of Sony’s S-force virtual surround sound technology, especially, when the Cinematic Sound Mode is turned on.
Connect your phone or television effortless with an ample number of inputs which range from Bluetooth to HDMI ARC as well as USB.
Sony HT-SF150 2ch Single Soundbar allows easy access to the user with an array of buttons at the top for basic operations.
– Easy installation with plug and play
– Upgrades your television speakers to a decent degree
– Remote control comes with the purchase
– Sound may turn cacophonic depending on the content
– No extra HDMI
Sony HT-SF150 2ch Single Soundbar Features
- Powerful surround sound thanks to S-Force front surround and bass reflex
- Simple connectivity: one easy HDMI connection to TV and instant music listening from your mobile device via Bluetooth or USB
- Elegant, slim design with soft edges to effortlessly place in front of your TV or wall-mount
- The two speaker setup delivers front surround sound from a compact unit
- Send audio and control information from your TV using just one cable with HDMI ARC
Best Sony Sound Bar Buying Guide
Tips for picking the perfect Soundbar – Buyer’s Guide
● Look for HDMI inputs, like those in Sony CT800 Powerful Sound bar, which will make it possible for you to connect AV devices.
● Wireless streaming options like Bluetooth or Wi-Fi let’s one play music from a wide variety of sources which includes Spotify, iTunes, your phone or computer. Again, the Sony CT800 Powerful Sound bar comes through with Wi-Fi while the Sony S200F 2.1ch Soundbar and Sony HT-S350 offer Bluetooth connectivity.
● Assess your space before buying the soundbox. Compact, slim singular designs, like exhibited in Sony HTX8500 2.1ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X Soundbar, are easy to fit into tight spaces. The thin design makes sure that it is not blocking the tv sensors, which reduce responsiveness to the remote; even when the tv is hung low.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What can I expect from a soundbar?
A. The main job of soundbars is to refine sounds in a way to impart crystal clear clarity to them. They help generate richer and more nuanced audio giving a home theatre experience even with thin television screens with compromised speakers you bought on a budget.
Q2. What’s the subwoofer meant for?
A. A subwoofer is a soundbar component which either comes separately or is integrated into the design of the bar. It emits low bass frequencies that give music and other audio content depth. They also help in elevating audio to give a more realistic cinematic sound effect.
Q3. Which one is a better choice between soundbar and sound base?
A. Functionality wise, they perform the same job of refining audio to create a clearer, crisper, detailed, cinematic and more immersive experience when added to your television or music device. But the biggest difference comes in size and built of the two where sound bases are larger and pack more power than soundbars. However, the compact design and subwoofers make up for the power in modern soundbars that are perfect for smaller urban homes.
In conclusion, we totally recommend you to invest in a quality Sony soundbar setup to enhance the performance of your television and recreate the feel of a home theater without spending the big bucks or wasting precious space at your home.
As you can tell from our Sony soundbar review, the iconic brand has come up with products that will completely transform your audio experience.
So, hurry and grab one right now.