Best POE Switch Review
When you’re looking for the best cheap POE switch, you get amazed with the immense range of options available online at affordable prices.
They differ from normal switches in terms of their POE function.
The POE switch is a device which uses its power-over-network ability to create a form of communication between devices connected to a network.
They enable us to power device using network cables like ethernet cabling.
Now when looking to choose the best affordable POE switch, there are a few things that you’ll have to consider; these are the port count of port switch, power, speed, transmission type and effectiveness, etc.
In our search for the best POE switch for our readers, we came across different brands and products that have won the trust of customers at Amazon.com with their quality service and cheap prices.
Table Of Content
Top 10 Best poe Switch
1. Aumox 5 Port Gigabit POE Switch-Plug and Play
First on the list is Aumox 5 Port Gigabit POE Switch just plug and play.
It has a rating 4.9 out of 5 on Amazon.com from 304 reviews which makes it the best rated POE switch on this list.
It can transmit network data and power at the same time.
It provides ultra-fast wired connectivity and instant large files transferring.
It has a fan-less design, which provides a noise-free environment.
It has a high profile power supply.
– Plug and play
– Lots of POE power
– Small for a rack
– Short power cable
Aumox 5 Port Gigabit POE Switch Features
- 【4-Port 78W POE】Designed with IEEE802.3af/at standard, Aumox POE ethernet switch can transmit network data and power at the same time. This gigabit switch offers a maximum 78W POE power output in total. Single-port POE power up to 30W, meets power supply requirements of various applications.
- 【Gigabit Ethernet】Aumox network switch features 100/1000 Mbps ports, enables ultra-fast wired connectivity and instant large files transferring. Unmanaged gigabit switch, easy to setup, plug and play.
- 【Reliable Fanless Metal Housing】Metal housing design makes the POE switch reliable to use in different use cases. Fanless design give you a quiet and noise free environment.
- 【One-Key VLAN】Supports one-key VLAN mode, and ports are isolated from each other. Effectively suppress network faults such as network storms, ensuring good network transmission performance and security.
- 【Intelligent Recognition】Intelligently identify whether the IP terminal supports power supply,protect powered device.
2. MokerLink 8 Port POE Switch-Metal Plug and Play
Second, on the list is MokerLink 8 Port POE Switch is best POE gigabit switch.
It has a rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Amazon.com from 94 reviews.
It has ports that can be connected to different networks or devices, for example, routers.
It provides power detection function.
It has come up with a small and compactable design.
And also, it has led lights.
It provides 2 Gigabit uplink ethernet port that can give more bandwidth than 100mpbs uplink port.
– Small and compact design
– 2-gigabit uplink support
– No noise
– Easy to use
– POE only 100mb/s
MokerLink 8 Port POE Switch Features
- 10 Ports: Includes 8 POE ports(10/100Mbps) and 2 Gigabit UpLink ports(10/100/1000Mbps). The 2 uplink ports can be connected to different networks or devices, such as routers, NVRs, etc.
- High POE Power: Maximum support 120W high output power, built-in power supply makes installation easier. Support IEEE 802.3af/at, each port max power supply reached 30W. *Please note: not support passive 24V PoE.*
- Unmanaged Plug & Play: Support Power Detection function, automatically detect devices, can be compatible with non-POE devices to provide data connectivity. Plug and Play, just plug in the power cord, connect the ethernet cable directly to the device, can be used without configuration.
- Extend function: When turn on the extend mode, the POE port can be extended to 250 meter distances and 10Mbps speed, and ports are isolated from each other, improve the network safety.
- Widely Used: Small and compact size design. Durable Metal housing. LED indicator lights. Widely used in IP cameras, Wireless Access Point, Computer Networks devices, etc. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - 30-day Money-Back Guarantee with 1 Year Warranty and Lifetime Tech Support.
3. YuanLey 6 Port POE Switch-unmanaged Plug and Play
The third on the list is YuanLey 6 Port POE Switch which is a high-powerPOE switch.
It has a rating of 4.5 out of 5 on Amazon.com from 138 reviews.
It has a double uplink port, which can make the network more flexible and reliable.
It also has a built-in power supply.
It has low power design which gives you a perfect stable operation.
– Very silent due to fanless design
– Best value for money
– Dedicated uplink ports help not taking up valuable POE ports
– Two of the ports failed.
– VLANs can’t be configured.
YuanLey 6 Port POE Switch Features
- 【Port and Rate】This poe ethernet switch Include 4x10/100Mbps POE ports and 2x10/100Mbps uplink. All 1-4 POE ports support IEEE802.3AF/AT POE standard. The double uplink port can connect to nvr, switch, router, etc, make the network more reliable and flexible.
- 【78W High PoE Power】This poe injector built-in industrial power supply. The whole power is 78W, each port up to 30W and 15.4W in the same time.**Please note: not compatible 24V passive PoE**
- 【Plug and Play】This poe network unmanaged switch support automatically detect devices, just plug in the power cord and network cable, no configuration required, easy to use.
- 【Extend Function】 When the extend mode is enabled, single POE port supports 250m transmission distances and 10Mbps speed, and all PoE ports support VLAN isolation, improve the network safety.
- 【Wide Applications】PoE and non-POE devices can be connected to this poe hub, such as poe camera/wireless ap, switch, router, computer, etc. It runs without noise and can be installed in office, home, and commercial locations. If you have any questions, please contact our official support, we will provide the best after-sales service
4. TP-Link 8 Port POE Gigabit Switch-Traffic optimization
TP-Link 8 Port POE Gigabit Switch is one of the best POEswitch for business.
It has a rating 4.7 out of 5 on Amazon.com from 1115 reviews which make it also the best rated POE switch for business on our list.
It comes with POE hub that includes 4 port POE.
It can easily work with IP cameras.
It has Wi-Fi access so that you can use it in restaurants and offices.
TP-Link OMADA EAP is very useful technology through which it gives a perfect solution for Wi-Fi coverage.
– Flexible and capable
– It is fanless
– The dual firmware featur
TP-Link 8 Port POE Gigabit Switch Features
- Poe hub with 4 ports Poe, auto negotiate Poe power with Poe devices and protect the non-Poe devices
- 4× PoE (802.3af) ports providing up to 15.4W per port, total PoE budget 55W
- Ideal for PoE IP Cam, EAP, access point, IP phone
- Fanless design, always working there silently
- Plug-and-play, simple setup with no software or configuration needed
5. BV-Tech 6 Port POE+ Switch-High Power Port
BV-Tech 6 Port POE+ Switch-High power port is best POE switch for ip phones.
It has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 on Amazon.com from 601 reviews.
It is a high-performance POE switch with unique functions with 4 POE Ports + 2 Uplink Ports.
It also has a very small and very compact design.
It provides the function of plug and play.
It also has PD detection and has a unique fanless design.
– PD detection
– Durable metal
– Short power cable
BV-Tech 6 Port POE+ Switch Features
- 4 PoE+ Ports and 2 Ethernet Uplink Ports at 10/100Mbps each, making network setups easier and more convenient.
- Hi-PoE at port 1 providing up to 60W single port, PoE+ at port 2-4 up to 30W per port, which is better than normal PoE port that can only provide 15. 4W per port. 60W Max Total Power (includes 60W DC adapter).
- Extend function extending max PoE transmission distance from 100 meters to 250 meters
- PD detection will automatically detect and provide required power for your PoE devices **Note: Do not support passive PoE device**
- 100% Satisfaction – 30-day Money-Back with 1 Year and Lifetime Tech Support
6. Aumox 5 Port Gigabit Ethernet POE Switch-The Best Network
Aumox 5 Port Gigabit Ethernet POE Switch is best 5port POE switch.
It has a rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Amazon.com from 293 reviews.
It has excellent connectivity and a very good output.
It is made in such a way that it covers lightning protection that allows a good network.
It has a very good speed in gigabytes to the working server or group.
It has a one-key VLAN.
– Better network experience
– One key –LAN
– No POE
Aumox 5 Port Gigabit Ethernet POE Switch Features
- Gigabit Ethernet Connectivity: Aumox gigabit PoE ethernet switch offers 5*10/100/1000 Mbps Base-TX RJ45 ports, including 4 PoE ports. It offers a maximum 58W PoE power output in total. Supply power to and exchange data with Access Point, IP camera, and VOIP phone through CAT5 cables.
- Excellent Performance: With sturdy metal casing, Aumox ethernet PoE switch features excellent durability, to ensure the surveillance system stability.
- One-Key VLAN: Support One-Key VLAN, Port 1-4 will be isolated respectively but can communicate with the 5 port. Hardware DIP switch to isolate ports to prevent broadcast storm and defend against DHCP spoofing.
- 6KV Lightning Function: Aumox PoE switch have professional lightning function design-up 6KV port and power supply thunder prevents, with two levels of security design respectively, effectively restrain the power of lightning from cable, which equivalent to give the entire network monitoring system with a security fence.
- Better network experience: It provides one full wire-speed gigabit networking connection to your working group or server.
7.MokerLink 5 Port Gigabit POE Switch-Best of Best
MokerLink 5 Port Gigabit POE Switch is the best affordable POE switch to buy.
It has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Amazon.com from 45 reviews.
It has a total of 5 ports, and each of them supports gigabit rate.
It has come up with a built-in power supply that makes installation easier.
It can be easily connected with non-POE devices to provide data because of the power detection system.
It comes with good led lights and durable design.
– Easy to use
– Technical support for a lifetime
– Just 4 POE+ ports, not 5
MokerLink 5 Port Gigabit POE Switch Features
- 5 Gigabit Ports: Includes 4 Gigabit POE ports, 1 Gigabit Uplink Ports(not PoE), all ports support gigabit rate(1000Mbps), can provide more bandwidth and connect 4 poe devices.
- High POE Power: Maximum support 78W high output power, built-in power supply makes installation easier. Support IEEE 802.3af/at, each port max power supply reached 30W. *Please note: not support passive 24V PoE.*
- Unmanaged Plug & Play: Support Power Detection function, automatically detect devices, can be compatible with non-POE devices to provide data. Plug and Play, just plug in the power cord, connect the ethernet cable directly to the device, without configuration.
- Fanless design, always working silently. With mounting ears and screws for wall mounting, suitable for multiple installation environments.
- Widely Used: Durable Metal housing. LED indicator lights. Widely used in IP cameras, Wireless Access Point, Home and Office Networks, etc. 100% Satisfaction - 30-day Money-Back and Lifetime Tech Support.
8. NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet POE Switch
NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet POE Switch is best layer POE switch.
It has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 on Amazon.com from 254 reviews.
It has 8-gigabit ports and has a very simple configuration system.
There is no need to install extra software.
The design is very good and has fanless technology, that means 0% noise makes it even better.
– Plug and play
– Energy efficient
– No warranty
NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet POE Switch Features
- 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 8 PoE+ ports with 60W total power budget, and expandable to 123W (with separately purchased power supply module)
- Simple plug-and-play setup with no software to install or configuration needed
- Supports desktop, wall or rackmount placement, and includes all the necessary mounting hardware in the box
- Lifetime Limited Hardware Warranty, Next Business Day Replacement, and 24/7 chat with a NETGEAR expert
9. TP-Link 5 Port Gigabit POE Switch
TP-Link 5 Port Gigabit POE Switch is best POE switch for home.
It has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 on Amazon.com from 15,546 reviews.
It has come up with a built-in power supply that makes installation easier.
It offers ultra-fast wired connectivity as well as transfers large files instantly.
It has advanced functions for higher performance.
– Easy to use
– Solid build
– Coil while
TP-Link 5 Port Gigabit POE Switch Features
- PoE hub with 4 port PoE + 1 Uplink port, auto negotiate PoE power with PoE devices and protect the non-PoE devices
- 4× PoE (802.3af) ports providing up to 15.4W per port, total PoE budget 56W
- Ideal for PoE IP Cam, EAP, Access Point, IP Phone
- Fanless design, always working there silently
- Plug-and-play, simple set up with no software or configuration needed
10. TP-Link 8 Port Gigabit POE Switch
The last on the list is TP-Link 8 Port Gigabit POE Switch, which is the best managed POE switch gigabit.
It has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 on Amazon.com from 8269 reviews.
It has very good connectivity and power for four POE devices and 3 more wired connections too.
It has VLAN which facilitates very high security.
It has four 802.3af POE ports that allow the product to work with wireless access points, cameras, IP phones without the need for extra power cabling.
– Ease of setup
– No web interface for configuration
TP-Link 8 Port Gigabit POE Switch Features
- 【Flexible Full Gigabit 8-Port PoE Configuration】4x PoE+ (802.3at/af) 10/100/1000 Mbps RJ45 ports providing up to 30W per port and total PoE power budget of 64W, together w/ 4x Gigabit Non-PoE Port for high-speed connections
- 【Easy Smart Management】Simple setup and monitor your network with easy-to-use web-based management interface and smart configuration utility.
- 【Network Segmentation】Abundant VLAN features improve network security via traffic segmentation
- 【PoE Auto Recovery】The switch automatically detects and reboots the dropped or unresponsive PoE-powered devices without the need for manual monitoring or resetting
- 【Plug and Play】Easy setup with no software installation or configuration needed
Best POE Switch Buying Guide
When buying a POE switch, there are many factors that you have to consider finding the one that’s perfect for you.
This applies more importantly to first time buyers or people who don’t have experience.
POE network switch is a special kind of the many network switch types that has power over Ethernet injection built-in.
The three principal kinds of POE switch:
Unmanaged POE switch
An unmanaged POE switch permits the Ethernet gadgets to speak with each other.
This is empowered utilizing auto-arrangement to let programmed correspondence occur while the assurance of key boundaries like information rate and duplex mode is finished.
Managed POE switch
Managed POE switches ensure to give more power over LAN traffic and stretch out cutting-edge highlights to do so it permits access to multiple or more interfaces.
This encourages setup and effective administration of highlights like the port’s speed, traversing tree convention, VLANs, and so on.
Hybrid POE switch
The hybrid POE switches are utilized for business applications over little systems for VoIP and comparable prerequisites.
These cost not exactly the oversaw POE switches and offer propelled security highlights.
With simpler than oversaw switch interface, the hybrid POE switches are not easy to work with and don’t require an uncommonly prepared staff to work on them.
Some important factors are:
Normally, arrange switches feature diverse port numbers, for example, 8 port POE switch, 24-port POE switch, and so on.
The bigger the system, the more noteworthy amount of ports you’ll require.
It is smarter to pick a switch that includes a bigger number of interface units than you really need.
For example, TP-Link 8 Port Gigabit POE Switch.
Full Power Supply
The full extent of the power supply gracefully of the POE switch matters too.
On the off chance that it is not exactly the general force required from your controlled gadgets (IP cameras, for instance), at that point the POE switch won’t give enough capacity to all your POE IP cameras and the inadequate force gracefully may cause helpless gadget execution like video misfortune.
Full Power Consumption
You can evaluate the force utilization of all your fueled gadgets (PDs) ahead of time to check whether your control on the Ethernet switch can bolster like this product NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet POE Switch.
Switches have diverse handling abilities with various rates at which they process information every second.
Information sending rates is significant while choosing a switch.
With a Gigabit POE switch, a typical Gigabit Ethernet port achieves a pace of 1Gbps.
In other words, a 48-port POE switch working at full wire-speed creates 48Gbps of traffic.
In the event that the switch just backings a sending pace of 32Gbps, it cannot work at full wire-speed over all ports at the same time.
Contact your local provider and find out the details regarding technical support.
You can also explore online options for the same. It is better to have options.
Customer reviews and ratings
The most important factor!
Before buying a POE switch, make sure you go through customer reviews and ratings to get a better idea about the performance of the product.
Go through the reviews and chose the best-reviewed and rated POE switch for yourself, like the BV-Tech 6 Port POE+ Switch-High power port.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Why does my camera only work at 10Mbps when in half-duplex mode once I have used it in extended mode and 250m POE switch is activated?
The switch is put into power mode while the extended mode is on.
In the event that the camera is set to auto-arrangement mode, it will change to half-duplex mode because of its inadequacy of handling power mode.
Henceforth, setting the camera with “power 10Mbps full duplex” will assist it with working at full-duplex mode at the time of data shifting.
Q2. How many ports do I need?
The number of ports associated is a determinant of the number of devices that can be connected over the network.
It is thereby necessary to decide in prior as to how many devices you would require connecting over the network in order to opt for the number of the port specification that serves the purpose.
A network switch can accommodate around 2 to 24 ports
Q3. From where to buy at a cheap cost?
Price has unquestionably been a major concern and consideration when purchasing almost any product.
Taking into consideration your budget constraints, it is normally advisable to purchase unmanaged switches for basic tasks and managed for higher-level operations.
Managed switches are the most expensive of all network switch types but also serve the purpose in the best manner.
One must go for it if pocket allows to. The best way to buy it is from Amazon.com because from there you got varieties of product list with best features and
Q4. Which POE switches feature the best speed?
Network and server speed are consistently the most significant exhibition factors that individuals are worry with.
Right now, the system switches are fit for taking care of 10,100 even 1000 Mbps data transfer, which is adequate for home use.
In this manner, pick the switch that can give the suitable speed that you need. For this, a great choice for you would be the TP-Link 5 Port Giga Switch.
Q5. Should I connect my NVR to POE ports? Will it cancel the POE?
Yes. Be that as it may, a switch features two 1 Gigabit ports which are not POE.
Except if you have valid justification not to, it would be greatly improved when interfacing your NVR to the 1Gig port as it will rush the 100mb POE ports to the 1Gig port and from there, return it to the NVR.
This is how I make them work, and it’s ideal.
I trust this makes a difference.
In our search for the best cheap POE switch, we came upon these ten, which impressed us with their various features, suited for both personal and professional use at affordable prices and the great customer reviews they received.
All of them have their own USP suited for various purposes. Which one did you like the most?