10 Best Monochrome Laser Printer
Black and white laser printers make a big comeback.
Many customers no longer want the bells and whistles.
They want something simple and frill free. Simplicity is the biggest idea on our list of the best black and white laser printers of 2020.
If you only need to print documents at home or in the office, you don’t have to spend money on expensive color printers.
For black and white printing only, a black and white laser printer is a better option.
Fast, inexpensive, and high-speed printing for better productivity.
A black and white laser printer, or a monochrome laser printer, is a printer that prints only in black and white or gray scale.
This printer can come in the form of a standalone machine or an all-in-one power house.
Significant savings in printing costs can be achieved with a single black ink cartridge.
These printers are best for those who need to print large documents.
This simple black and white printer can efficiently meet your document printing needs and is also cheaper.
Being a professional printer, it provides better text quality.
Monochrome printers save you a lot of money.
Monochrome laser printers are fast, can have special security features, have a great scanner and an automatic document feeder.
But any printer can have such things.
Monochrome laser printers are ideal for offices (that do not deal with many graphic designs) or creative projects.
This printer also helps to save money by removing expensive color inks and inks.
Like most other printers, it has a great single-function and comprehensive template to choose from.
Some models offer wireless connectivity, while others require a wired USB connection and are ideal for offices with only one or two computers.
Black and white laser printers often provide automatic two-sided printing, so pages are printed on both sides simultaneously, saving paper.
Most of the available black and white printers are also compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux-based operating systems and networks.
Through it, we’ve rounded up the top picks to help you find the black and white printer that best suits your needs.
Black and white laser printers are efficient and you only pay for one toner cartridge.
This printer is designed to save toner costs.
There isn’t a whole lot of essential information you need on this list, so let’s get started right away.
Here is our list of 10 best monochrome laser printers of 2020.
Table Of Content
10 Best Monochrome Laser Printer
1. Brother HL-L6200DW
PurSteam Handheld Steam Cleaner is a popular choice due to its flexibility and easy availability.
This fast and reliable Brother HL-L6200DW laser printer can print up to 48 pages per minute.
It also has automatic two-sided printing, which saves paper and time. With a 520-sheet input tray for large print jobs and a 50-sheet multipurpose tray for handling special sizes, the printer’s input capacity can also hold 1,610 sheets using the available extended paper tray.
This printer has three layers of security measures to help protect sensitive information of customers and businesses from unauthorized access.
USB, Wi-Fi, and Gigabit Ethernet connections allow you to print directly from smartphones, tablets, and computers without a wired connection.
The LCD also contains intuitive controls for accessing menus and printing options. Additionally, the printer is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux systems.
– Versatile Paper Handling Capacity
– High Printing Capacity
– Model has no “Toner Continue” Mode
PurSteam Handheld Steam Cleaner Features
- 100% ALL-NATURAL STEAM CLEANING: Hot pressurized steam eliminates grease, grime, mold, stains, and bed bugs without harsh chemicals.
- EASY HANDHELD USE: Lightweight and portable unit comes with a long 9.8-foot cord for convenient indoor and outdoor use.
- SAFE, MULTI-PURPOSE CLEANING: Safe to use on a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, granite, waterproof wood flooring, laminate tiles, most cotton and wool carpets, and washable wallpaper.
- FAST-HEATING: Heats quickly with a 3 to 4-minute warm-up time.
- 9-PIECE ACCESSORY SET: Deep clean the hard-to-reach areas of your home using the heavy-duty attachments for more targeted cleaning. Extension hose for different attachments.
2. Canon imageCLASS D1620
There is definitely something to mark with BISSELL 39N7A/39N71.
Canon image CLASS D1620 is designed for offices that need to quickly print, scan or copy big projects.
This printer can produce as many as 45 pages per minute, and it can scan as many as 70 images per minute with automatic duplexing in one pass.
In print mode, this sample produces the first page in 6.2 seconds.
It comes with a 550-sheet input tray and a 100-sheet multi-purpose tray for paper and legal envelopes.
The input capacity can also be expanded to 2,300 sheets.
The 5 ” LCD touch screen gives you access to settings, menus, and network locations to scan documents and convert them to PDF files.
Wi-Fi Direct allows you to print from your smartphone or tablet without the Internet.
You can also print from cloud storage services like Google Cloud or iCloud.
This printer is compatible with Windows and Mac systems.
– Easy To Use
– Provides one touch solution
– Massive Printing Capacity
– Huge in size
BISSELL 39N7A/39N71 Steam Shot Hard-Surface Cleaner Features
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Powerful High-Pressure Steam Cleaner With Easy-To-Press Trigger
- Completely Chemical-Free With No Harmful Fumes Or Residue
- 1000-Watt Power Rating, Power Cord Length Is 20 Feet
- Includes Accessory Nozzle, Extension Hose, Flat Scraping Tool, Grout Brush, Fabric Steamer, Window Squeegee, Angle Concentrator, And Detail Brush
3. Best Ink Tank: Epson EcoTank ET-M2170
This McCulloch MC1230 doesn’t look like a regular hand-held steam cleaner.
As an alternative to traditional ink or laser printer models, an ink tank printer uses a tank of liquid ink to b
- The input tray has a capacity of 250 sheets and can hold letter and legal size paper.
The 1.44 ”color LCD screen provides the printer with access to menus and settings as well as network locations for scanning documents to folders and cloud storage.
You can print from your computer, smartphone or tablet via USB, wireless and Ethernet connections.
It is also compatible with Windows and Mac platforms, as well as Android and iOS mobile devices.
Better yet, this printer has an Energy Star rating for energy efficiency.
– Relatively Costly
McCulloch MC1230 Handheld Steam Cleaner Features
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING — Naturally deep clean without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, stains, and mold from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more
- SANITIZE SURFACES — Steam kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria.
- QUICK HEAT-UP TIME — The 6-ounce, direct-fill water tank heats up in under 3 minutes and provides up to 10 minutes of steam with optional lockable steam trigger for continuous steam cleaning.
- 11 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES — Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including a scraper, scrub pad, jet nozzle, extension hose, brushes, and more.
- GREATER REACH — An extra-long 15-foot power cord and 34-inch extension hose provide added maneuverability and reach for those hard to get to places.
4. Best All-in-One: Brother MFC-L2710DW
If you are in the market of all-in-one monochrome printers, Brother MFC-L2710DW is your best choice.
Print, scan, copy, and fax documents and photos as photos, or up to 32ppm.
The scanner function uses either a flatbed for single pages or a 50-sheet automatic feeder for large documents.
With automatic two-sided printing, this monochrome printer prints on both sides of the paper at once.
You can also reduce toner costs by using Toner Save Mode.
The 250-sheet input tray can handle both legal and letter size paper, and the single-sheet manual feeder is ideal for small tasks like business cards or envelopes.
With a wireless connection, you can print from your smartphone, tablet or cloud storage service without a USB cable.
In addition to the two-line LCD, there is also a settings lock to prevent unwanted access to the printer’s settings.
This printer is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux systems as well as Android and iOS mobile devices.
-Versatile Connection Options
– Machine Shuts down when toner is low. Might get frustrating.
Comforday Multi-Purpose Handheld Steam Cleaner Features
- ★Nine free accessories to adapt cleaner to every situation: Stairs, carpet, clothing, car interior and rims, etc. Gets into hard to reach areas.
- ★Multi-surface use: Works on every surface including laminate, hardwood, fabric, upholstery, ceramic, linoleum, glass, marble and granite.
- ★Chemical free and safe: The Comforday steamer is safe. It is completely chemical free and it is secured with a safety lock and safety cap.
- ★Powerful hot steam: Heat and pressure gets the job done faster. QUICKSTEAMTM technology offers 1050W of power; providing pressurized powerful hot steam (250-270F) for up to 15-20 minutes.
- ★Cuts through dirt: Tackle the biggest messes such as grout, grease and stains easily and quickly.
5. Best Compact: HP Laserjet Pro M118dw
The HP Laserjet Pro M118dw is ideal for users with limited office space. At only 14.6 x 8.8 x 16 inches, this printer is small enough to share your office space with other equipment.
Save energy by turning off when not in use with an automatic on / off cycle. Features automatic two-sided printing to save paper and time.
The 250-sheet input tray can hold both letter and legal paper, and the 150-sheet output tray can hold larger document stacks.
This printer can produce up to 30 pages per minute, so it can handle large print jobs like expense reports or presentation materials.
It also has built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, allowing you to print from smartphones, tablets, and cloud storage services.
You can also use the HP Smart app to scan documents and monitor toner levels from your phone.
The printer also supports voice for hands-free control and comes to be compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, and Microsoft Cortana.
-High yielding cartridges
– High pitch humming sound on sleep mode
Sienna Steam Birdie Handheld Steam Cleaner Features
- DELUXE, PORTABLE AND POWERFUL | Enjoy cleaning and sanitizing in one easy step! The Sienna Steam Birdie portable steamer is all you need to safely and effortlessly deep clean the most stubbornly soiled surfaces and hard-to-reach, awkward locations inside and outside your home.
- HIGH TECH ENGINEERING PROVIDES ADVANCED FEATURES | Equipped with unique hand pump so you can begin steaming at 14.5 PSI of steam pressure in less than 30 seconds. Can be refilled while in use with no cool down time required - perfect for large jobs.
- VERSATILE AND POWERFUL | Sienna’s steamer cleaner provides a simple and safe way to tackle every conceivable cleaning job including bathrooms, windows, hard floors, stoves and BBQs, fabrics, mattresses (kills bedbugs!) refrigerators, table tops, autos and boats, kids’ toys and pet areas.
- SAFE, SANITARY, AND ECO-FRIENDLY | Sienna endorses and incorporates green technology in all its products. Steam Birdie cleans and sanitizes without the use of detergents, bleach, ammonia, or other toxic chemicals. Pets and small children will never breathe or ingest dangerous toxins.
- PORTABILITY PLUS POWER | The Sienna Birdie hand steamer generates a massive 1500 Watts (43% more powerful than competing hand held steam cleaners) of high powered steam in seconds, yet has a compact, portable design and weighs less than 5 lbs.
6. Best High Volume: Lexmark MS810n
For large print jobs, the Lexmark MS810n can handle almost anything you throw at it.
Example: You can print up to 55 pages per minute, and the first page prints in 4.8 seconds.
The 550-sheet input tray can hold up to 4,400 sheets, so you don’t have to worry about refilling your printer.
The output tray can hold up to 550 sheets.
The 2.4 ”screen provides quick access to settings like automatic stapling and punching to organize packets of information and assets.
On the front of the printer there is a USB port that allows you to print directly from an external memory storage device such as a flash drive.
With the available high-capacity ink cartridge, you can print up to 25,000 pages before replacing it.
This printer is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux systems and networks.
– Quick and Precise
– Ideal for heavy office purposes
–Huge in size
Vapamore MR-75 Amico Handheld Steam Cleaner Features
- Removes Dirt, Grease, Girime and Stains
- Cleans& Sanitizes Chemical Free
- Hand Held Portable Staem Cleaner
- Kill Bed Bugs, Germs, Dust Mites, Allergens
- Lifetime Warranty
7. Best Budget: Brother HL-L2300D
The Brother HL-L2300D is an excellent, budget-friendly choice. This printer can print up to 27ppm and has automatic duplexing, which saves your printing costs.
The input tray has a capacity of 250 sheets, making it suitable for small and medium-sized printing jobs.
It’s also compatible with Letter and Legal sized paper for creating custom sized documents.
For more cost-effective printing, Toner Saver reduces toner usage.
The manual feed slot allows you to print single pages or different sizes of paper such as business cards or envelopes.
The printer also comes to be compatible with Windows-based systems and connects to your computer via Hi-Speed USB for a fast, reliable connection.
– Budget Friendly
– Ideal for Medium Sized printing jobs
– Does not come with the needed USB cable
MLMLANT Handheld Steam Cleaner Features
- ★Fast Heating: 3 to 4 minute heats quickly.Safe Multipurpose Cleaning: use on a wide range of surfacesEasy Handheld Use 9 Pieces Accessory set: Deep clean of your home.
- ★POWERFUL HOT STEAM: 1050W of Power; Water Tank capacity up to 350ML. Emits pressurized powerful hot steam (250-270F) for up to 20 minutes! Cut through any grease, grout or stain with our high pressure steamer!
- ★MULTIPLE SURFACE USE: Our handheld steam unit is best suited for sealed surfaces including ceramic, vinyl, laminate, granite, marble, hard wood floors, especially sinks, stoves, counter tops, refrigerators, kitchen, floor, living room, windows, toilet, tiles, shower curtains, bathroom, pet toilet, cat litter boxes, car seats & rims, grill, BBQ, kids toy, mattresses, linen, duvet cover, fabric & Sofa Material, pants, suits, clothing & fabrics! Best All in One Steamer!
- ★FREE 9 ACCESSORIES LIMITED OFFER: This Powerful Handheld Steam Cleaner Set includes an exclusive FREE 9 piece accessory Kit which includes: Extended Nozzle, Spray Cup with Brush, Bent Spray, Funnel, Measuring Cup, Spray Cup for Door & Window, Towel Sleeve, Brush Plate, Long Spray Cup.
- ★Best service and promise: 30 day Money Back ! FULL REFUND if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase! Your comfort and satisfaction to clean is our goal. Just order it.
8. HP LaserJet Pro M404dw
Offering HP, this is a slightly expensive option for those who are willing to invest in a good product. Although the printer is a bit more expensive, it offers better quality and very low printing costs. Reducing paper costs to 2.2 cents per page. Although it is not an AIO printer, it offers automatic two-sided printing. The automatic two-sided printing function saves paper usage and enables two-sided printing.
The LaserJet Pro M404dw is designed for productivity.
It provides fast speeds and at 40ppm it can handle piles of documents very easily.
Supports a wide variety of paper formats and sizes.
Additionally, the M404dw offers great connectivity options.
The built-in WiFi function allows you to connect to your smartphone for easy access.
It offers dual-band Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi direct.
It also provides standard USB and Ethernet connectivity.
The M404dw is a powerful device with an excellent duty cycle.
You can easily print up to 50,000 pages per month.
The print quality is perfect. So it is very suitable for small home offices and medium sized workgroups.
–Sharp and precise
–Replacement toners are expensive
-Does not include ethernet or network cable
Handheld Steam Cleaner Features
- Multi Purpose Handheld Steam Cleaner 1050w Portable Steamer W/attachments New
- 11"Ãƒ —5. 5"Ãƒ —8. 3"(LA —WA —H)
9. Best Value: Brother HL-L2390DW
With the Brother HL-L2390DW, you get maximum functionality for a cost.
This multifunction printer can print up to 32 pages per minute, so you can complete larger print jobs faster.
The 250-sheet input tray can hold both letter and legal paper, and the manual feed slot is suitable for cardboard and envelopes.
On the top of the printer is a flat surface for scanning and copying documents.
With automatic two-sided printing, you can get two-sided paper one time.
Toner Save Mode saves money by reducing the amount of ink used for copying and printing.
You can print from cloud storage or a mobile device using built-in Wi-Fi. You can also connect this printer to your Windows, Mac or Linux computer via a USB cable.
Better yet, the two-line LCD lets you view printer status and setup options.
–Flexible and quick printing
-Flatbed Scan Glass enables convenient copying and scanning
-Hassle free printing
–Frequent refilling of toner required
Vax S5 Kitchen and Bathroom Steam Cleaner Features
10. Best for Small Spaces: HP LaserJet Pro M29w
Here’s another affordable and compact option from HP. The LaserJet Pro M29W is a compact and economical option.
It is the smallest monochrome device. Compact device that fits perfectly in every nook and cranny, perfect for home users or small home offices.
This is an economical option, so you can’t expect the LaserJet M404dw’s high speed.
It provides only 19 pages per minute.
It is suitable for users who require a basic device for their printing needs and do not have a wide range of requirements.
The printer has built-in wireless capabilities.
With a WiFi connection, you can easily order some prints from your laptop or smartphone.
Users who do not have a WiFi connection can use the WiFi Direct option to directly connect their devices to the printer.
It comes with a USB cable, but the device does not support both wireless and wired options at the same time.
It has mobile printing capabilities, but it does not provide an Ethernet connection.
The printer also offers other useful features.
In addition to printing, it can be used for scanning and copying.
With an input capacity of 150 sheets, it is suitable for home users or small home offices.
All in all, this is a very basic printer.
It is neither the fastest to print nor the lowest operating cost. But if you are compact, it is one of the best black and white laser printers for your home.
– Easy to use
–Low Printing Speed
-Not apt for bulk office work
Bissell 1544A Powefresh Mop Steam Cleaner Features
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- A Safer And Easier Way To Clean Homes With Pets. No Need To Use Harsh Chemicals On Your Floors
- The Lift-Off Pet Model Features A 2-In-1 Steam Mop, Allowing You To Tackle Pet Messes Both On And Above Your Floors
- The Lift-Off Pet Model Includes 13 Versatile Tools For Use With The Handheld Steam Cleaner; Heater Warm-Up Time: 30 Seconds
- Eliminate 99. 9% Of Germs And Bacteria* With The Natural Power Of Steam. Power Rating : 1500 Watts
Buying Guide For Monochrome Laser Printers
You can now connect your printer like any other electronic device to communicate with your device in a room or anywhere in the world.
Some printers can print using a wireless connection.
You can also send documents from a remote computer to your home printer.
- Sharing without cables: Most home printers allow wireless printing over WiFi. So you can print from laptop or mobile phone without WiFi connection.
- PC-free printing: Some models can print and download images directly from the camera’s memory card, and a printer with a feature called PictBridge can be connected directly from a digital camera. Some printers include Wireless PictBridge, also known as Wi-Fi Direct, which allows you to print directly from a compatible camera over WiFi.
- Print Anywhere: With this new technology, you can connect the printer directly to the web. You can grant permission to anyone who chooses to print to a home or office printer. Services like Google Cloud Print work on phones, tablets, laptops, and other web-connected devices.
B. Ink Costs
Printer ink can be one of the most expensive liquids. Printer ink uses ink for routine maintenance, especially when you think too much of it is not showing on the page. You need to find a model that gets the most out of this valuable product.
Super tank inkjet printers do not require expensive replacement cartridges and prefer refillable storage that is refurbished with an ink bottle. These models start around $ 250 and tend to have a higher upfront cost, but they can save you money over time.
Conventional inkjet printers cost less than half the initial cost, but you will spend more than $ 100 a year on ink. Supertank model provides a much better ROI. Regular users (those who print 35 pages per month) start saving money after about two years of use.
C. Duty Cycle
Since duty cycle is related to machine durability, it is recommended to purchase a printer with more monthly duty cycles than necessary to ensure trouble-free operation.
Inexpensive models can print at 8,000 pages per month, and a typical workgroup printer can order a limit of 250,000 pages per month. There are no industry standards for duty cycle, so be careful and do your homework as numbers for one supplier may differ from those of another.
But be careful. Another factor to consider is how long the printer can last and how long it takes before it becomes a problem when printing at the duty cycle level.
D. Print Volume
The recommended monthly print volume is the number of printed pages per month within the specified range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies, maintenance intervals, and engine life of the machine. This is the actual monthly usage value that ensures the smooth and uninterrupted performance of your device.
E. Text Quality
Inkjet works by spraying ink into small drops of paper. However, the side effect of ink is smearing. There is a definite advantage to this, as the bleed (when computer algorithm and printer resolution reaches snuff) can be used to make complex color combinations while the image is playing. The downside is that bleeding can blur fine text. Although not enough notice of inkjet-derived text, it can display artifacts (splashes, smudges, and flagella), smudges, and filament breaks, especially at very large font sizes (such as headlines) or very small font sizes. (For example when printing multiple page images on one page).
Usually this problem is not found in a laser because ink particles, like dust from a laser printer, are precisely placed on the page with the help of a drawing beam and then fused into place. Excellent when you want to create professional looking documents, for example on letterhead and office paper.
F. PCL and PostScript
PCL and PostScript: Support for PDLs is primarily important for those who use laser printers or laser AIOs to pre-audit commercial printing jobs with desktop publishing applications. Generally speaking, if this is your business, you might find that you need at least one of these PDLs.
If you don’t need it, you can find the same or similar AIO laser models cheaper except for the support from the manufacturer’s laser line. Don’t pay extra if you might not need it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How does a monochrome laser printer work?
- A monochrome laser printer prints text and images on a computer using a laser beam that is used to control where one color is applied onto the paper. They are generally faster than other types of printers and hence can usually produce large quantities of black and white documents. This happens at a lower cost than other printers hence preferred by users who don’t want fancy colored printouts.
Q2. Can monochrome laser printers scan in color?
No. Since it is a black and white laser printer, documents that contain color are not printed in color, but rather converted to the corresponding grayscale. Color scanning at up to 600 dpi.
Q3. Which type of printer produces the best quality?
Laser printers are faster (print more pages per minute). They mostly tend to produce high-quality results, and are more suitable for printing in large quantities than inkjet printers. Laser printers also yield sharper lines, making them suitable for simple text, logos, and business graphics.
Q4. What are the disadvantages of laser printers?
Cartridges in laser printers are more expensive than ink in inkjet printers. But when you print in black and white, it will last longer if you remember to set your printer to black and white printing mode and only use color mode when you really need it.
We’ve looked at some of the lower upfront costs, but they’re a bit more expensive to print.
On the other hand, some have high purchasing costs but very low operating costs.
Therefore it is important for you to check the printing volume.
If you only print rarely, you should choose the product with the lowest purchase cost.
On the other hand, if you print a lot, it is better to purchase the product with the lowest running cost.
Another important consideration is the daily / monthly work cycle. A printer with a monthly duty cycle of 15,000 printers can’t be expected to be sufficient for a busy home office.
Likewise, a printer with a monthly duty cycle of 40,000 is an overkill for simple home use.
In many of the cases mentioned above, we recommend looking at the cost of the printer in terms of a long-term investment.
While the low price may seem attractive, it is worth considering the cost of maintenance and maintenance over the life of the machine.
Likewise, choose a printer that can withstand frequent use and will work well for years to come.
Trusted brands like Brother, Canon, HP, or Lexmark are likely to stand the test of time.
It is best to do your bit of research before selecting a model. Consider all the factors above and match them with your requirements, budget and purpose. Pour in your valuable thoughts, ideas and feedback below.