Best Inline Skates For Kids Review
If your kid has been roller-skating ever since childhood, then I guess it is time for you to help him up to his game by replacing his old skates with a new park of inline kids skates (Rollerblades).
The best thing about the inline skates for kids is that most of them are even compatible with those kids who are amateurs and hold absolutely no experience in skating.
They are not only safer but also provide excellent stability to help your kids experience a smooth skating experience.
But if you wish to adapt the old school way, then you can start by letting your kid first practice on training skates for a while and then slowly help them transition to the perfect and professional pair of inline skates.
If you wonder which pair of inline skates are ideal for your child out of the hundreds of options available in the market, then we have got you covered with this article.
This article lists various kinds of inline roller skates for kids compatible with several types of needs from speed, to stability and size.
Let’s begin the review to help you pick the best inline skates for kids without anything further ado.
Table Of Content
Top 10 Best Inline Skates For Kids
1. ROLLER DERBY TRACER INLINE SKATES
The first on our list is the Roller Derby Tracer Inline Skates.
If you are planning to invest your money in a product that lasts you long, this is a great option.
The size of this skate is adjustable according to the growing needs of your child.
This product’s size starts from 12J-1 and can go until 2-5, which makes this product an extremely feasible option to go with.
The padding of this product is of excellent quality, making the skating experience extremely comfortable and relaxed.
The pads have been designed to keep in check with no possible injury while the kid is staking.
This inline skate is powered with urethane wheels, which ensure an incredibly smooth skating experience.
The best part about these wheels is that they are very durable and will not wear off anytime soon, securing your product’s excellent quality.
These wheels make the skates compatible with both internal and external use.
– An excellent choice for young kids who are new to skating.
– Good for long time investment as the size is adjustable.
– The padding of the boot helps in seamless skating.
– Can be used both at home and outside.
– If your child holds a fair amount of staking experience, then this won’t be an ideal choice.
– The wheel quality is not exceptional.
ROLLER DERBY TRACER INLINE SKATES Features
- Outgrow no more! Adjusts up to 4 sizes at the push of a button. Small (12J-1) or medium (2-5)
- Perfect for young skaters! Comfort and support with no laces to tie
- Keep it fresh! Washable boot liner. Removeable wheels. Brake on right skate
- Smooth ride indoors and outdoors! Urethane wheels have the right grip and bounce for the rink or pavement; GForce carbon bearings go fast and last
- Quality components and time-tested performance from Roller Derby, America's Skate Company since 1936
2. BLADE RUNNER PHOENIX SKATE
The Blade Runner Phoenix Skate are specially for those kids who hold some amount of skating experience previously.
They have been built keeping in mind the needs and wants of a pro-level skater.
The great thing about them is that they are feasible and worth for investment purpose as they come in 3 adjustable sizes- J11-1, 1-4, 5-8.
So you don’t have to worry about repeatedly spending a significant sum of money on the roller skates for your kid.
The manufacturing of these blades is of a high level, hence they are too light in weight, and at the same time there have been no compromises on the quality of the product and the body is of similarly high quality.
All these factors result in an incredibly seamless skating experience.
These professional roller skates for kids come with ABEC 3 bearing and 72mm urethane wheels, which are really high-quality wheels that help you sustain a durable and smooth ride.
These kids inline skates ensure a high safety level as they come along with laces, a ratchet buckle, and Velcro strap to provide high-end protection during skating.
The remarkable quality of an excellent inline stake for kids is the padded boot liner, ensuring a seamless and comfortable skating experience is available in this skate.
– A great choice for those who hold some experience with skating
– Adjustable sizes make it a suitable for long term investment.
– Great quality manufacturing
– The light weight body doesn’t wear the skater down.
– The ratchet lock is not of a great quality and can wear down under stress.
– Not great options for those who don’t hold any experience in skating.
BLADE RUNNER PHOENIX SKATE Features
- BEST KIDS VALUE INLINE SKATE FOR ANY LEVEL Value driven, kids adjustable skate with great features to prove spending less does not always mean getting less.
- KIDS ADJUSTABLE 4 SIZES Phoenix low profile structure adds support and an easy to use adjustment system to expand the skate 4 full sizes.
- COMFORT KIDS LOVE Padded liner and tongue cushions the feet very well for all sizes the skates adjust to.
- DURABLE INTEGRATED FRAME is combined with the shell for a lower center of gravity and adds to the important benefits of control and stability for kids just starting out.
- BLADERUNNER PERFORMANCE 72mm WHEELS and ABEC 3 bearings are the ideal combination for kids. Safe speed with the right amount of spin so it is not difficult to push the skate.
3. ROLLERBLADE SPITFIRE XT INLINE SKATES
Another great option of inline skates for kids is the Rollerblade Spitfire Xt Inline Skates.
They make for an excellent choice for both beginners and those who hold some amount of staking experience.
The meticulously designed bearings help the kids exercise a tremendous amount of control on their speed, ensuring a seamless staking experience.
The factor that makes these inline skates an excellent option for kids is the remarkable amount of stability that they provide at any speed that they might be functioning at.
To ensure an even higher safety level, these kids’ design inline skates include- Laces, Velcro strap, and Ratchet buckles.
This inline skate for kids will manage to keep their feet secure and stable.
The high level of quality and manufacturing keep the product’s overall weight very light, providing a smooth riding experience that doesn’t weigh the rider down while skating.
These roller stakes for kids are an excellent investment source as they come in 3 adjustable sizes- 11-1, 2-5, 5-8.
This means it’s a one-time investment and that you won’t have to shred unnecessary money on periodically buying roller skates inline for kids.
– The highly manufactured frame provides a high level of stability.
– Comes with three adjustable sizes, which make this product a significant investment.
– Great quality blades
– The lightweight won’t weight the skater down.
– The excellent quality will make sure it lasts very long.
– On an expensive little side.
– With this price the quality could have been much better.
ROLLERBLADE SPITFIRE XT INLINE SKATES Features
- BEST KIDS INLINE SKATE FOR ANY LEVEL Spitfire XT is the best skate for kids just starting out and is great for kids that have an older skate and are looking for a better quality product to upgrade to.
- KIDS ADJUSTABLE 4 SIZES Spitfire shell is sleek and streamlined to correctly position kids in the skate so every stride and session is optimized for skating with proper balance, control and support.
- COMFORT KIDS LOVE Junior Fit liner makes this skate so comfortable that kids may not want to take them off. Superior padding for a superior product.
- DURABLE INTEGRATED FRAME is combined with the shell to get kids closer to the ground for a lower center of gravity and provide a lot of durability for young skaters.
- ROLLERBLADE PERFORMANCE WHEELS 72mm/80A wheels are paired with SG3 bearings for a lasting, smooth roll with just the right amount of speed to keep the roll a little safer, but still exciting.
4. K2 RAIDER SKATES
The K2 Raider Skates make for unique outdoor roller skates for kids.
They are not only an excellent choice for beginners but also for those who hold some amount of experience in skating.
These k2 inline skates kids are manufactured with F.B.I frame, which serves as an excellent shock absorber when you use these stakes for outdoor purposes.
To ensure an exceptional level of quality plus cuffs attached to the body helps provide an extraordinary level of stability, making them ideal for skating in both indoors and outdoors.
Investing in these skates is a great thing as these are adjustable to almost five sizes, making them relevant for years since you buy them.
They ensure stability and a smooth staking experience; you get an enabled traditional lacing system and ratchet buckles and Velcro straps that take the safety to the next level.
To make them perform well under stress and challenging landscapes, they come attached with 70mm wheels and ABEC bearings.
These bearings’ high quality will ensure you a smooth.
– excellent quality manufacturing.
– High-level support ensured with cuffs.
– Shockproof enables outstanding performance under stress.
– Can be adjusted to almost five sizes.
– Stable staking experience even in the most rugged terrains.
– Varying the sizes can be a tough thing to attain.
– can be tough for beginners.
K2 RAIDER SKATES Features
- Great value, great choice - The raider skate is a great choice for kids who want to get into inline skating, and parents love them for their great value
- Durable frame - The FBI frame is a vibration-absorbing composite frame that is interlocked with the base, keeping children more balanced by being lower to the ground
- High-performance wheels - 70mm wheels and ABEC 3 are the perfect combinations for safe speed with the right amount of spin
- Adjustable - Five full sizes of adjustability will keep these skates in use for more than just a season
- For the boys of the house - Whether it’s a family skate or cruising around with their friends, their day will include skate
5. CHICAGO TRAINING SKATES
Chicago Training Skates are a unique set of skates that will seamlessly help you transition from inline skates to pro-level training stakes.
So if you are planning to up your training level, then these skates have got you covered.
They, too, come with adjustable size options of- J10-J13 and 1-4.
The catchy thing about these products is that they include- skates, helmets, wrist guards, knee pads, and an amazingly cool backpack that fits in all these fantastic goodies.
The only drawback of this product that we have heard people complaining about is that they quickly wear out.
So if you are planning to use them daily and on extremely challenging terrains, then you might reconsider as their quality shall rapidly degrade.
This is because their plastic is not of a high-quality level as of the other products that we have mentioned in the list above.
But their simple transition from roller skates to blades is a remarkable feature to look out for.
– Seamless transition from training skates to inline skates.
– They come with many complimentary goodies.
– You can adjust them for various sizes to match your size the best.
– Comes with not one but two ratchet buckles to ensure high-level safety.
– Not a great option for excessive use as they can quickly wear out.
– Wheels might require constant replacement.
CHICAGO TRAINING SKATES Features
- LEARN TO SKATE: Start your young one’s training out right with the Chicago Training Skates Bundle. Complete with everything you’ll need from beginner to pro, they’ll be riding around town in no time.
- ADJUSTABLE: The Chicago Training Skates Bundle includes adjustable skates that grow with your little one and easily and conveniently converts from trainer skates to inline skates.
- COMFORTABLE: With two easy-adjusting micro ratchet buckles, these skates secure firmly on to the feet. The inner boot is comfortable and cushions the legs from absorbing the stress while skating.
- STABILITY & CONTROL: Ease your young one into skating with this Chicago Training Skates Bundle. Equipped with 64mm wheels and 608z bearings your child will feel safe and in control.
- SPECIFICATIONS: Chicago Training Skates Bundle comes complete with 2 premium training skates equipped to change from training wheels to inline, a helmet, backpack, knee pads and wrist guards.
6. MONGOOSE INLINE SKATES
Mongoose, the famous name in the world of bikes, have now launched inline stakes as well.
They, too, are adjustable skates that are of quality as excellent as their bikes. These are available at some extremely affordable price range.
Mongoose Inline Skates have been meticulously designed, keeping in mind those who love a rough staking experience in challenging terrain.
Wearing these, you can adjust your speed to a high level as they are perfect for the steepest turns and can stand any difficulty that might come in their path.
These are adjustable to up to 4 sizes, making them an excellent option for long term investment.
The sizes they offer are 1-4 for small kids and 5-8 for medium-aged kids, making them an option worth considering.
– Amazing design
– Very durable
– Extremely comfortable
– Can stand against the most challenging terrains.
– The wheels might wear off hence might require periodic replacement.
– can be challenging to maintain it.
MONGOOSE INLINE SKATES Features
7. 2PM SPORTS VINAL INLINE SKATES
The factor that makes these skates stand out apart from the rest is that they don’t require any additional batteries and solely work on the rider’s power to sustain the skater.
Their too magnificent looks make them instantly stand out from the rest, making them an ideal gift for your kid.
2Pm Sports Vinal Inline Skates again come with adjustable sizes of 3 varied options- J12-2, 2-5, and 5-8.
The price at which these blades are offered is very appealing for the benefits that the product comes with.
The manufacturing of these blades is of excellent quality.
The ABEC-7 bearings are of exceptional quality, improving the overall skating experience by enhancing stability.
It’s also an aluminum framework that guarantees a lightweight yet extremely durable quality of skates, which will last you for a very long time, even after being sued in the most challenging terrains.
– Doesn’t call for extra battery support.
– Very durable frame
– Excellent bearings
– Many size adjustable options
– Extremely affordable.
– The sizes are apt only for young kids.
– Not a long term investment.
2PM SPORTS VINAL INLINE SKATES Features
- 4 Sizes Adjustable Inline Skates - Kids can ride on these skates for a long time for you’ll be able to increase the boot up to four sizes. Three size available: Small for little kid(10-13); Medium for big kids(1-4); Large for youth & young adult(4-7), Check the image of our size chart for specific length of the boot.
- 8 Wheels Illuminating Inline Skates - Gain confidence in our stylish design in Violet/Magenta. With the coolest light up wheels, make your little girl a real shining star. Wheels are designed as self-generated power system, no battery needed!
- High-end Features Roller - Enjoy a smooth, quiet and confident ride on the reinforced aluminium frame, 82A polyurethane wheels and high quality ABEC-7 bearings. Premium performance and special light up bonus, totally worth the price!
- Triple Closure for Kids - Includes Cam lever buckles, 45 degree strap and laces. An easy system to get in and out of the skate quickly and nicely, even your daughter can do by herself!
- Sincere Service - Order with confidence due to our 100% dedicated customer and product experience. Every question or problem will be answered and solved nicely and promptly. Check other 2pm Sports skates with flashing wheels, including same style skates for boys in Azure.
8. FISHER PRICE GROW WITH ME INLINE SKATES
The initial stage is the one wheel lock, which allows the kid to get comfortable with the skates.
Once the first stage is achieved, the kid can now move on to the next step, rolling only in the forward direction.
And after spending a tremendous amount of time in this setting, the last one is used to make them a professional skater.
The adjustable size makes them fit for sizes 6-12, which means they assure a long term commitment.
Fisher Price Grow With Me Inline Skates‘ versatility is proved from the fact that they can efficiently work on every kind and size of shoe that the kid might be wearing, cutting down on the amount of unnecessary labor to look for compatible shoes.
The design comes with an attached hook and a loop making the skates a great option to ensure high-level protection while skating in incredible landscapes.
The only drawback that one has to experience with these skates is the high price.
– Can be used for every possible shoe size.
– The various stages help in making the kid learn and grow.
– Can be adjustable to many sizes.
– Make an excellent option for kids.
– On a pricey side.
– It’s a little heavy.
FISHER PRICE GROW WITH ME INLINE SKATES Features
- Grows with your child!
- Learn to skate in three stages 1. Skate-walk with one wheel locked 2. Roll forward only! 3. Roll forward & back!
- Size adjustable! Fits child shoe sizes US 6-12 (UK 5-11)
- Padded for extra comfort
- Durable wheels
9. Rollerblade Spitfire JR XT 2016 Kids Skate
If your kid shows recent interest in staking and wondering which skate is perfect for them, this is the ideal model.
They will help your kid grow and learn skating in a mere three steps.
Rollerblade Spitfire JR XT 2016 Kids Skate is regarded as the top-rated inline skates for kids.
Over the years, they have been regarded as the most popular skates in the country.
The significant part about these skates is that they are painstakingly designed for both boys and girls, keeping in mind their genders’ specific requirements.
Both these themes have various kinds of color themes that are especially popular amongst the two genders.
Usually, kids face a hard time putting the skates on and removing them off.
But these skates have been manufactured to ease this process, making the kids self-sufficient in accessing the skates.
The SG 3 bearings make this blade incredibly supportive and of high quality.
The presence of the lace, straps, and buckles in the design support the design even more highly.
With these skates, you do not have to worry about your child’s growing up as they are adjustable to almost four sizes, making them an excellent investment.
All in all, these are great quality blades that not just tick all the boxes of quality but also ensure a very high-level safety even in the most challenging terrains.
– Can assure a much faster speed in comparison to the other roller blades.
– Provide the rider with a great quality strength.
– The quality of this product is unmatched.
– Doesn’t really come with a technical con.
– could have been priced at a lesser price.
Rollerblade Spitfire JR XT 2016 Kids Skate Features
- Shell/Upper: Spitfire 4 sizes expandable
- Liner: Junior 5 Star Fit and footbed
- Closure: Cuff buckle, 45Ã‚Â° strap, laces
- Frame: Monocoque Composite (max 76mm wheels)
- Wheels: Rollerblade 4x72mm/80A / Bearings: SG5 / Brake: Included on Skate
10. Roller Derby Girl’s Stinger 5.2 Adjustable Inline Skate
Roller Derby Girl’s Stinger 5.2 Adjustable Inline Skate make for a significant roller stake for girls.
The best part about these skates is that they make for the most affordable roller skates in our entire list.
They are adjustable blades that are size friendly and come with two settings- small and medium.
The small one fits sizes 12-2, whereas the medium size fits sizes 2-5.
These rollerblade skates for kids make for an ideal match as they provide an excellent level of stability for the kids.
Their body is composed of plastic composition and high cuffs, which will make for a seamless skating experience for the kids.
Adjusting them in variable sizes is an effortless task to accomplish, without any problems.
This product is powered with ABEC 5 bearings, which enhance this product’s quality to a great extent, making it reliable for spending money.
– A great option for young girls.
– Not very expensive
– Variable size
Great quality bearings
– The liners are not of a great quality.
– the wheels can wear out after excessive use.
Roller Derby Girl’s Stinger 5.2 Adjustable Inline Skate Features
- Molded cuff for Support & easy skating with EZ Push Button adjustment system and comfort fit washable liner
- Polymer Frame
- Polyurethane wheels
- Silver 5 Speed Rated bearings
- Adjustable sizing: Small fits shoe sizes 12-2 and Medium fits shoe sizes 2-5
Best Inline Skates For Kids Buying Guide
If you are looking for skates that support kids, then the ideal wheel size that you should be seeking is around 70-79mm.
Considering the kids’ size and the needs that their built requires, this is a perfect wheel size for their blades.
This size also takes for granted that the kid is an amateur and new in the world of skating.
On the other hand, if you feel that your kid holds some experience and makes for a confident skater, then 50-59mm makes for the perfect match for their skating requirement.
These blades provide excellent control and power while performing the most challenging tricks, even in the most challenging terrain.
Wheel Hardness (Durometer):
Durometer is the factor that provides a high-level hardness to the wheel of your skates and makes them suitable for extreme levels of stress.
But when it comes to skates built for kids, this is not an essential factor as kids do not exploit the stakes to this extent.
And also, most of the inline stakes for kids come with inbuilt 80A wheels, which are utterly sufficient for indoor and outdoor use.
Considering the extent of usage that the kids have and their built level, these wheels will help them an apt fit for every possible activity capable of performing both inside the house and outside on the rough grounds.
Grades and Types:
A right level of bearing is one of the determinants of an ideal skate.
The bearings define the level of smoothness in the skating experience.
This is why, as the quality of the bearing improves higher, the skater’s price goes.
Every company that manufactures skates has its rating system of bearing, which usually varies between the scale of 1-9.
When you pick the ideal skating blades for your kids, you can decide the level of bearing according to their experience and the extent to which they will need to use the skates.
It goes without saying that the higher the level of bearing, the better the blade’s efficiency, which makes them suitable for an even more challenging train and even more rigorous speed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How to help kids learn to use the inline skates?
A. Using inline stakes can seem like a challenging task at once, and especially if you aren’t yourself well worsed with it, then helping your kids with it is an even more difficult task.
But you do not have to worry anymore as we have listed some points that will help you properly understand the game of inline skates.
Make sure your child is wearing the right size skate.
Skates should be snug, not overly tight. Your child should feel secure and not wobbly.
Be sure to check the manufacturer’s sizing chart when selecting a pair of skates.
Q2. How to ensure safety while using inline skates?
A. Safety is the vital factor that one needs to ensure for their kids.
Properly gear them using the best quality knee pads, wrist guards, and helmets.
You should never put your kids directly on the concrete ground as that way; they can easily injure themselves.
And instead, you should let them practice on the grass at the beginning so that they develop some sense of balance.
Learning how to use the brake is one of the most important things to ensure your kids’ utmost safety.
This will save them from the most disastrous possible accidents.
When loudness is being contemplated, Active pickups are significantly louder than passive pickups, and they are characterized by brightness and clarity.
Q3. Is it necessary to take professional training to learn skates?
A. One of the best ways to learn inline staking properly is by learning it professionally by enrolling yourself for excellent quality inline skater classes.
Practice is always the key to learning and gradually succeeding at the task in hand, and the same rule applies to skate as well.
Hence, the best way to go about learning how to stake is by regular practicing to eventually master the game.
Q4. Does the wheel of the inline skates needs to be periodically replaced?
A. The life of the wheels of your skates depends upon the way you use them.
If you use them regularly, they will wear off early, and if you use them on extremely challenging terrains, that will degrade their life even further.
You should keep a close check on your stake’s quality, and if you can spot any wear off at any point, then do not wait any longer and replace them immediately to prevent yourself from any injury.
A trick that might help you prolong your stakes’ life to some extent is by periodically replacing them.
You can interchange the position of all your wheels after some time, and that way, the stress on each of them gets divided equally and helps lengthen their lives.
If you have been looking for an ideal pair of roller skates for your kids priced at a reasonable amount or even at the stakes for sale, then with this article, we have got all your needs covered.
You do not have to worry anymore, thinking about where to buy the perfect pair of roller stakes for your kids.
Our article mentioned the best quality roller blades that offer you the most remarkable quality at the most feasible price range.
After reading enormous reviews and taking opinions of the vigorous skaters, we have concluded that Roller Derby Tracer Inline skates are the best quality and the most stylish skates that make for an ideal pair for those who are just starting.
And for those kids who wish to make a seamless transition -Chicago training skates are the aptest option for them.
They are the most flexible step by step way of systematically improving your skate game.
They also come with many additional goodies that are entirely valued for the money you are investing in it.