Best home office scanner Review
Whether it’s a DIY project, a school assignment or an office task, you need a scanner at your disposal for its successful completion.
However, with so many products on the market, choosing the right one might seem like a difficult job.
And that’s why buyers need some guidance in this regard.
If you too are planning on buying the Best home office scanner but don’t have an expert to help you shop right, don’t worry, we have 10 amazing product suggestions for you here.
Check them out-
Table Of Content
Top 10 Best Home Office Scanner
1. Canon ImageFORMULA R40 Office Document Scanner For PC and Mac- Best Duplex Scanner
If you are looking for the best business scanner, then this is the product you need.
This super-efficient scanner helps you convert your hard documents into easy to search digital files; meaning, your office documents stay in one place and fully organized.
Canon ImageFORMULA R40 Office Document Scanner helps you forgo worries related to the loss of important paper documents.
Also, it doesn’t really matter what kind of document you need scanned- business cards, photos, receipts, contracts, reports or long form documents, this canon scanner can handle all your work smoothly.
Another important thing to note here is that this scanner is best suited for both thin and thick documents.
This one-touch operation machine does its job pretty fast- both the sides of documents get printed at the speed of 40 pages per minute, that too in color.
The 60-sheet automatic feeder only makes this process easier.
– Includes Mac TWAIN and Windows drivers for better compatibility.
– The USB cable provided makes installation easy.
– You get bundle software.
– The driver might be difficult to install.
Canon ImageFORMULA R40 Office Document Scanner Features
- Stay organized: Easily convert your paper documents into searchable digital formats
- Reliably handles many different document types: Receipts, photos, business cards, reports, contracts, long documents, thick or thin documents, and more
- Fast and efficient: Scans both sides of a document at the same time, in color, at up to 40 pages per minute, with a 60 sheet automatic feeder, and one touch operation
- Broad compatibility: Windows and Mac TWAIN driver included
- Easy Setup: Simply connect to your computer using the supplied USB cable
2. Raven Pro Document Scanner- Best Scanner If You Love Huge LCD Displays For Navigation-
The reason why this is the best home scanner, also appropriate for office use, is that it can directly scan documents and transfer them to the cloud.
And it doesn’t really matter which cloud service you use- QuickBooks Online, OneDrive, SharePoint, Box, Evernote, Google Drive, Dropbox or Raven Cloud, this scanner readily facilitates a paper to cloud transfer of important data.
The scanned documents take easily searchable PDF file format with OCR for the detection of handwritten or printed text.
With the purchase of the product, you get a free Raven Cloud subscription for unlimited cloud storage.
Raven Pro Document Scanner- Best Scanner is Wi-Fi enabled and also connects to the Internet through Ethernet, making it possible to scan and transfer documents wirelessly without even involving a computer.
The 8″ LED screen doesn’t just offer a large feature access interface but also facilitates hassle-free navigation.
Interestingly, you can use it for document editing without the need for a computer.
– The 100-page Automatic Document Feeder is adjustable, and it features an anti-jam technology.
– The machine allows for automatic blank page removal.
– Cropping, rotation and straightening of documents happen automatically.
– The software is buggy.
Raven Pro Document Scanner- Best Scanner Features
- SCAN TO CLOUD — scan up to 60ppm directly into integrated cloud services (Raven Cloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, Box, SharePoint, OneDrive, Quickbooks Online), USB, FTP, SMB Share, Email or Fax
- SEARCHABLE DOCUMENTS — all scanned documents produce searchable PDFs with OCR to detect printed or handwritten text. Free Raven Cloud subscription included for unlimited secure cloud storage.
- WIRELESS SCANNING — Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity allows you to scan and send documents wirelessly without the need for a computer
- TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY — Large 8" LED screen provides more visibility and incredible touch experience for easier navigation and document editing without a computer
- SCAN STACKS AUTOMATICALLY — Adjustable anti-jam 100-page Automatic Document Feeder with ultrasonic detection handles standard documents, receipts, business cards and ID cards into an expandable output tray
3. Raven Original Document Scanner – Best Document Editor Scanner
If you want the best home office scanner out there on the market, then this could be an amazing option.
It offers you a great document editing experience with its huge LCD display with built-in document editor.
Raven Original Document Scanner helps you easily name, crop and rotate documents and add, remove or reorder pages.
You can also save documents singly or combined together.
Scanned documents can directly be saved in your integrated Cloud Service at the speed of 17 pages per minute.
Not just that, documents can also be directly sent to SMB Share or Fax, FTP, Email as well as a USB drive.
You can connect the machine to the Internet with ethernet or Wi-Fi I and then scan and send documents to their destination without involving a computer.
The 50-sheet automatic document feeder can handle a lot of different documents including ID cards, business cards, receipts and standard documents.
– The 7″ LCD screen offers amazing touch experience and visibility.
– Easy to use.
– You get free Raven Cloud Subscription.
– A bit slow.
Raven Original Document Scanner Features
- SCAN TO CLOUD — scan up to 30ppm directly into integrated cloud services (Raven Cloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, Box, SharePoint, OneDrive, Quickbooks Online), USB Drive, Email, FTP, SMB Share or Fax
- SEARCHABLE DOCUMENTS — all scanned documents produce searchable PDFs with OCR. Free Raven Cloud subscription included for unlimited secure cloud storage.
- WIRELESS SCANNING — Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity allows you to scan and send documents wirelessly without the need for a computer
- TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY — Large 7" LCD screen provides more visibility and incredible touch experience for easier navigation and document editing without a computer
- SCAN STACKS AUTOMATICALLY — Adjustable anti-jam 50 sheet Automatic Document Feeder handles standard documents, receipts, business cards and ID cards into an expandable output tray
4. HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 All-in-One Wireless Printer- Scanner- Best Scanner with Self-Healing Wi-Fi Technology
This is certainly the best office scanner for you if you are sick and tired of poor scanner performance due to dropping internet connections.
Why we say so is because this printer cum scanner comes with a self-healing Wi-Fi technology.
That means, the machine detects problems with the connection and resolves them automatically so that your work doesn’t get interrupted and your
Wi-Fi connection stays stable and dependable as long as it’s in use.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 All-in-One Wireless Printer- Scanner shows an amazing performance not just in terms of scanning but also copying, faxing and printing.
Hence, if you don’t like scanners that consume a lot of time, this is the product you need for the time economy you seek.
It is about 14% smaller than routine all in one printer; meaning, you can store it even in cramped spaces.
What more? With this machine, you can organize your documents by almost 50% faster.
– With the help of HP Smart app, you can scan your documents remotely.
– Made from recycled plastic.
– You get a year of limited hardware warranty.
– The paper tray is flimsy.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 All-in-One Wireless Printer- Scanner Features
- Upgrade your office– Replacing the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968, this home office printer offers faster printing at 20 pages per minute, includes fast color copy, scan, and fax for increased productivity, and is 14% smaller
- Organize documents 50% faster – Eliminate steps in repetitive tasks and sync to QuickBooks, Google Drive, and more using Smart Tasks—the easiest way to digitize and organize receipts and business documents on your phone
- Genuine HP 910 ink delivered to your home: Get your first 2 months free when you enroll in HP Instant Ink (optional) during printer set up; plans starting at 0.99 dollar per month after the trial period, shipping and recycling included
- Print remotely using HP Smart app: Access your printer and scanner, monitor ink levels, and print, copy, and scan on the go with our highly-rated HP Smart app
- Self-healing WI-FI: Ensures you stay connected by detecting issues and automatically undergoing up to 3 stages of reconnection to keep your Wi-Fi stable and reliable
5. Brother Easy-to-Use Compact Desktop Scanner- Best Scanner with Additional Plastic Card Slot
Want to invest in the best scanner? Well, this Brother product could be the choice for you.
The best thing about Brother Easy-to-Use Compact Desktop Scanner is that it has got a compact design.
That means you can keep it anywhere in the house or office without having to worry about space.
It scans both single- and double-sided documents at a speed of 25 pages per minute.
This machine comes with a dedicated card slot for plastic cards, and it also features a 20-page auto document feeder for routine documents.
Another important thing- you can scan your documents with this scanner even when the software is not installed.
Save a lot of time by scanning your documents directly into a USB flash drive or a connected computer, with just a tap on a button.
You can send your scanned files to multiple destinations at the same time, for a great deal of convenience in work.
– It helps you optimize images and text.
– It’s a duplex scanner, and hence, ideal for office use.
– Easy to use.
– Software experience might not be good.
Brother Easy-to-Use Compact Desktop Scanner Features
- COMPACT DESIGN AND FAST SCAN SPEEDS HANDLE A VARIETY OF DOCUMENTS: Scan single and double sided, documents in a single pass at up to 25 ppm1. Dedicated card slot to scan plastic cards, plus 20 page capacity auto document feeder for quick scanning
- QUICK AND EASY SCANNING WITHOUT INSTALLING SOFTWARE: Mass Storage Device support via Scan to USB for file scanning and retrieval by opening the drive on a connected PC. Use your laptop to power the ADS 1200 when connected with a USB 3.0 cable6
- EASY TO USE AND SAVES TIME: Scan documents to preset destinations like a connected PC or USB flash drive with the push of a button
- COMPATIBLE WITH THE WAY YOU WORK: Supports multiple “Scan to” destinations: File2, OCR2, Email and USB flash memory drive3 so you can optimize for your business process
- OPTIMIZE IMAGES AND TEXT: Enhance scans with automatic color detection/adjustment, image rotation (PC only), bleed through/background removal, text enhancement, color drop. Software suite5 includes document management and OCR software
6. Epson WorkForce ES-400 Color Duplex Document Scanner for PC and Mac- Best Scanner In Terms Of Speed
Looking for the best scanner for home use? Consider buying this product by Epson if you value efficiency.
Epson WorkForce ES-400 Color Duplex Document Scanner scans your documents at an impressive speed of 35 pages per minute.
It comes with a single step technology which facilitates scanning both sides of a document in a single pass.
50 sheet auto feeder ensures that you can scan a lot of documents at one go.
This is especially useful when you are constrained by time; and it is because of this particular feature that this scanner also serves as an efficient office tool.
Whether you want to scan routine documents, cards or receipts, this scanner serves your purpose well.
In order to save the user’s time, the scanner comes with object recognition and automatic file naming provisions.
– Enables easy sharing of documents.
– Intelligent color and image adjustment available.
– Skew correction feature makes the paper feeding system reliable.
– Clumsy software.
Epson WorkForce ES-400 Color Duplex Document Scanner Features
- Get organized in a snap scan upto 35 ppm/70 ipm (1); Single Step Technology captures both sides in one pass
- Easily scan stacks of paper robust 50 page Auto Document Feeder; Scan business/ID cards, receipts and more. Operating Systems Windows 7, 8/8.1, 10. Mac OS X 10.6.8 10.11.x
- Powerful software included easy scanning with intuitive Epson ScanSmart Software (2); Preview, email, upload and more; Automatic file naming and object recognition save time
- Compatible with most software the included TWAIN driver allows for easy connection to most document management software; Standard Connectivity Super Speed USB 3.0, optional Network Interface Unit (RJ 45, 10BaseT/100BaseTX)
- Built in Nuance Optical Character Recognition (OCR) create searchable PDFs and editable Word and Excel files. Maximum Resolution: 1200 dpi interpolated
7. Epson WorkForce ES-50 Portable Sheet-Fed Document Scanner for PC and Mac- Best Scanner with Amazing Portability
The reason why this is the best scanner to buy is that it is a small -sized portable device which facilitates convenient scanning on the go.
Epson WorkForce ES-50 Portable Sheet-Fed Document Scanner takes around 5.5 seconds to scan a single sheet of paper, which is decently fast.
Whether you want to scan receipts, ID cards or documents of upto 8.5″ x 72″, you can do so without hassle; this versatile paper handling provision makes this device ideal for office use.
The Epson ScanSmart Software facilitates easy scanning, reviewing and saving of documents.
It is a USB powered device that connects to your computer absolutely without hassle.
All scanned documents convert into searchable PDF files with OCR.
– Scan your documents directly to the cloud.
– Compatible with both Mac and Windows.
– Multi page scans get combined into one file.
– The device doesn’t function wirelessly.
Epson WorkForce ES-50 Portable Sheet-Fed Document Scanner Features
- Fastest and lightest mobile single sheet fed document scanner in its class(1) small, portable scanner ideal for easy, on the go scanning
- Fast scans a single page in as fast as 5.5 seconds(2)
- Versatile paper handling scans documents upto 8.5 x 72 inches, as well as ID cards and receipts
- Smart tools to easily scan and organize documents Epson ScanSmart Software(3) makes it easy to scan, review and save
- USB powered connect to your computer; No batteries or external power supply required
8. Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1500 Color Duplex Document Scanner with Touch Screen for Mac and PC- Best Scanner with One-Button Ease of Use
This home office scanner comes with an advanced paper feeding system which enables double-sided scanning.
Almost all types of documents including photos, receipts, business cards, and regular documents can be scanned with this device that feeds on AC 100 to 240 V power.
The 4.3-inch touchscreen display is not just large but also extremely easy to use.
Once scanned, the documents can be sent to any of your preferred destinations, including your desktop folder and any Cloud Service such as Dropbox or Google Drive.
Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1500 Color Duplex Document Scanner Wi-Fi enabled device also connects with a USB cable; the Wi-Fi provision helps you scan remotely.
That means you won’t have to worry about keeping your scanner within your hand’s reach to conveniently access it physically.
– Scans upto 30 pages per minute.
– The automatic document feeder has a 50-page capacity.
– There is a built-in software for blank page deletion, automatic cropping etc.
– Looks dated.
Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1500 Color Duplex Document Scanner Features
- Large, intuitive 4.3-inch touch screen for easy one-touch scanning
- PC less scanning – Easily scan to your preferred destination, popular cloud services such as Google Drive and Dropbox, your desktop folders, mobile devices and more
- Sharing capabilities with multiple users via one scanner: Create unique user profiles and save information to user-specific folders
- All in one solution to optimize your productivity. Includes ScanSnap Home to capture, organize, manage your business, home, or classroom.
- The LCD Panel, WI-FI, and USB connections makes it easy to setup and start scanning
9. Brother DS-740D Duplex Compact Mobile Document Scanner- Best for You If You Prefer Fast Color Scans
This device allows you to scan both single- and double-sided documents at the speed of 16 pages per minute, in a single pass.
Another great feature is that colour scans produced by this device take very little time; they are as swiftly done as black and white scans are.
Brother DS-740D Duplex Compact Mobile Document Scanner is perfect for smaller homes and offices as it measures just 1 foot in length and can be accommodated anywhere.
Plus, you can carry it with you wherever you go.
The scanner uses a micro USB 3.0 cable for power; so, you can use it by simply plugging it into your laptop or PC.
– You can easily optimize images and text.
– Send scanned copies to multiple destinations at one ago.
– Extremely compact.
– Not much durable.
Brother DS-740D Duplex Compact Mobile Document Scanner Features
- FAST SPEED AND DUPLEX SCANNING – Scan single and double sided documents in a single pass at up to 16 ppm (1) Color scanning doesn’t slow you down at all as it has the same scan speed as black and white document scanning
- ULTRA COMPACT – At less than 1 foot in length you can fit this device virtually anywhere (a bag, a purse a pocket) The DSD (Desk Saving Design) feature reduces the amount of space needed to use the device saving you 11 inches of desk space (2)
- READY WHENEVER YOU ARE – The DS 740D is powered via an included micro USB 3 0 cable, allowing you to use it even where there is no outlet available Plug it into your PC or laptop and you are ready to scan
- WORKS YOUR WAY – Use the Brother free iPrint&Scan desktop app for scanning to multiple “Scan to” destinations like PC Network cloud services Email and OCR (2) Supports Windows, Mac and Linux and TWAIN/WIA for PC/ICA for Mac/SANE drivers (3)
- OPTIMIZE IMAGES AND TEXT – Automatic color detection/adjustment image rotation (PC only) bleed through prevention/background removal text enhancement color drop to enhance the scans Software suite includes document management and OCR software (4)
10. HP Officejet Pro 8028 All-in-One Printer, Scan, Copy, Fax- Best Multi-Utility Product
It is a wireless device with a lot of functionalities such as scanning, printing, copying and sending a fax.
HP Officejet Pro 8028 All-in-One Printer, Scan, Copy, Fax is made of recycled plastic, which means it does its bit for the environment.
There is an automatic document feeder which simply enhances the productivity of the machine as well as the user.
When you scan, you can scan directly to email with the help of the HP smart app.
Smart Tasks also makes repetitive work easy by making it possible for you to scan directly to the cloud.
Scanning with this machine is as simple as just tapping and swiping on its screen.
– Compatible with Mac.
– Easy to set up.
– Comes in an attractive color combination.
– Quiet operations.
– None as such
HP Officejet Pro 8028 All-in-One Printer, Scan, Copy, Fax Features
- Smart Tasks eliminates steps in repetitive tasks by allowing you to scan to the cloud, email, and more in a tap
- Take control of print, scan, copy, and fax jobs with tap-and-swipe ease, using the 2.65” Color Touchscreen Panel
- Voice-activated printing enables your HP printer to work with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Up to 20ppm Black and White, 10ppm Color | 35-page Auto Document Feeder | Compatible with HP 910XL High Capacity Ink Cartridges
- Limited time offer: 4 Months of instant ink free, when you sign up HP Instant Ink service during printer setup.
Home Office Scanner Buying Guide
Now, let’s discuss a few tips on how to buy the best home office scanner-
– The first and most important thing to figure out is whether you want a dedicated scanner or a device with other utilities too.
Once you have decided on this, your choices become narrowed down and choosing the right product gets easy.
In case you want a multiutility product which functions as a scanner, a printer as well as a copier than buying HP Officejet Pro 8028 All-in-One Printer, Scan, Copy, Fax would be the best bet.
– The next thing to consider is the portability of the device.
If you keep on travelling and need to carry your scanner along with you, then it would be wise of you to go for something that is not just lightweight but also compact in size.
One such product is Epson WorkForce ES-50 Portable Sheet-Fed Document Scanner for PC and Mac.
– It is important to buy a product that offers a range of features such as self-healing Wi-Fi technology, broad and easily navigable touch screen, speed etc.
If, however, it’s the scanning speed that matters to you most, then go for Epson WorkForce ES-400 Color Duplex Document Scanner for PC and Mac.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How to buy the best home office scanner?
A. For that, you need to factor in certain important features like ease of scanning, feeder capacity, remote operability etc.
A product that offers the exact features that make your work easy is the best one for you.
Q2. Does scanning speed matter?
A. It might not matter if you have no hurry.
But in case you are using your scanner at your office, and you want to minimize time wastage, then it would be wise of you to buy a scanner that scans speedily.
Q3. What is the cost of a good scanner?
A. The cost largely varies based on the quality of the product and also its feature offerings.
So, you first have to decide what features you want in your product, and then you will be able to select a price range.
Pick any of the above products, and you will have the best home office scanner for your use.
But before zeroing in on any product, it is important that you consider your requirements, likes and dislikes.
Once you find out what exactly you want in your scanner, it will be easy for you to decide on which one to buy.