Best Dolby Atmos Speakers Review
In an era where 4K TV and VR are slowly paying off, one aspect of home entertainment systems that often gets lost in combat is the evolution of surround sound, and with good reason.
After all, how much has surround sound really changed over the past 20 years?
Of course, the headphones are now mostly wireless, with a slightly smaller form factor and different communication ports.
However, one of the coolest developments in recent years has to do with Dolby Atmos.
As we all know, the Atmos speakers add an entirely different dimension to the movie-watching experience.
Thanks to its facing up design, the surround sound system that supports Atmos is truly out of the world.
Adding an Atmos speaker suite that provides a completely immersive 3D experience that you can’t even get in local theaters is one of the best investments you can make to “move the needle” when it comes to enhancements to be a home theatre.
Atmos audio differentiates audio performance from traditional surround sound by adding height dimension to music and movies.
The best Dolby Atmos speaker costs a lot.
These days, Dolby Atmos sound is a luxury many can afford, thanks to relatively inexpensive speakers like the Amazon Echo Studio ($ 200) and the Vizio SB36512-F6 ($ 387 on Amazon).
It doesn’t offer the same level of performance, but it is easier to install and more compact than traditional Atmos receivers and surrounds speakers.
It can also mean organizing furniture.
It can mean a lot of savings.
It might also mean moving to a bigger house. However, for a complete home cinema experience, the surround speaker package is the only option.
The first thing to consider is the number of channels.
5.1 systems are the most common and consist of 5 speakers (two pairs of floor-standing or rack-mount speakers and one center speaker) and one subwoofer.
However, starting with 7.2, other arrangements are also available that add rear surrounds speakers and an additional subwoofer behind the seating position.
So if you have planned to transform your home to a home theatre, here is a list of the 10 best Dolby Atmos speakers, you must have a look at it!
Table Of Content
Top 10 Best Dolby Atmos Speakers
1. Vizio SB36512-F6
The Vizio SB36512-F6 ($ 387 on Amazon) offers a great price / performance ratio and is one of the best home cinema offerings you can find at an incredible price.
Vizio hasn’t changed the look of the speakers in years so much that one of the company’s $ 130 models looks nearly identical to the $ 500 or so model.
The SB36512-F6 is wrapped in a black cloth and has a silver coating.
At the top of the bar is a pair of raised speakers designed to send the Atmos effect from the ceiling into the room.
There are a limited number of controls at the top, and a 36 ”wide tape can be attached to the wall at the back.
The main weakness in the SB36512 design is the same as other Vizios in recent years.
The second “width” is the default for the unit.
Just a set of LED dots, this can provide a helpful gauge of volume but totally fail when signaling the currently active input.
The wireless subwoofer is a black and silver shoebox with a 6-inch tweeter.
This device helps the entire system go down to the required 40Hz.
Vizio has 5 types of physical connections: HDMI I / O (including ARC), Coaxial, Optical, USB (oddly for WAV playback.) And a 3.5mm analog input jack.
Wireless connectivity includes built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to Chromecast.
– Good sound quality
– Compact Pair
– lacks DTS:X decoding
– Confusing dotted input
Vizio SB36512-F6 Features
- Premium cinema experience at home: Built in upward firing speakers & true 5.1.2 surround sound with Dolby atoms, delivers a truly immersive audio experience that moves all around you, even from above
- Dolby atoms: Transports you from the ordinary into the extraordinary with breathtaking, moving audio that fills your room and flows Above and around you
- Cinematic surround sound: Rear surround sound speakers and 2 upward firing speakers create a cinema like audio experience right in your own home
- Multi room streaming: Group multiple VIZIO SmartCast audio devices throughout your home and stream your favorite music in multiple rooms
- Premium audio cables included: Easy set up using included cables; Enjoy cinematic sound within minutes
2. Sonos Arc
If you want the best Dolby Atmos sound in one bar but don’t want to pay $ 2,500, Sonos Arc is for you.
To get the most out of it, you need a 4K TV starting in 2019 or later, but it’s a little weird because it still performs better than most.
Arc offers many great features, including voice assistants and Sonos’ impressive streaming architecture.
There are no noises, just the bass-Two forced canceling drivers in the center of Sub remove vibrations and mixing, so you get strong bass without distortion.
It is designed to be seen and heard.
The award-winning versatile design features a slim, sculptural profile Polished with a high-gloss finish.
– Dynamic voice enhancer
– Alexa integration included
– Amazing sound
– Enabled night mode
– The bracket to be mounted on is expensive
Sonos Arc Features
- All-new Sonos Arc - Bring all your entertainment to life with the brilliantly realistic sound of Arc, featuring Dolby Atmos. Enjoy control with your TV remote, voice, the Sonos app, Apple AirPlay 2, and more.
- 3D sound with Dolby Atmos - Experience shows, movies, and games with the precise and immersive sound of Dolby Atmos.
- Tuned to perfection - Enhanced Trueplay tuning technology optimizes the sound for the unique acoustics of the room.
- All-new Sonos Sub - Hear and feel the difference with Sub, the wireless subwoofer for deep bass.
- No buzz, just bass - Two force-canceling drivers at the center of Sub eliminate vibration and rattle so you get powerful bass without any distortion.
3. Samsung HW-Q70R
The Samsung HW-Q70R includes an amplifier and Dolby Atmos playback, but it does not include additional surround speakers for models like the Vizio SB36514.
Perhaps thanks to Audio Labs’ magic, Samsung is able to make some impressive fake vibe in just one bar.
The Q70R is more expensive than Vizio, but it offers an improved subwoofer and better all-round sound quality.
The closest competitor is the LG SL9, which offers great features like built-in Google Assistant and Chromecast audio.
However, Samsung is slightly better than LG due to its peripheral performance.
The Samsung HW-Q70R is a Dolby Atmos speaker that delivers great movie sound, but audiophiles may look elsewhere.
– Amazing faux-surround effects
– Wireless subwoofer gives a punch
– Attractive and well built set
– No voice assistant or Google Chromecast streaming enabled
Samsung HW-Q70R Features
- Product Dimensions: 43.3" W x 2.32" H x 3.93" D | Spk (sub woofer) Net Dimension: 8.07" W x 15.86" H x 15.86" D
- Includes: Remote Control, Battery, Wall Mount Kit and HDMI Cable
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric
4. Sony HT-ST5000
All speakers sound the same, but Sony HT-ST5000 mounted coaxial woofer helps lift the speaker out of the other black rectangles.
The tape has a width of 46.5 inches, which is best seen on televisions between 46 and 50 inches.
It’s relatively high at 3.25 inches, there’s no IR repeater if the remote sensor is blocked, and it’s 5.6 inches deep too.
The woofers have five 2.6-inch drivers on the front of the device, three of which have soft coaxial dome speakers hanging over them.
At the top of the bar are two other mounting drivers.
In the samples we received, the grill didn’t fit properly, but if you want to protect a somewhat bare speaker, it comes with a metal grill.
There is a possibility of distortion during transportation.
– Includes Wi-Fi music and 4K HDR compatibility
– Includes Chromecast built-in
– No DTS:X playback on sound bar
– Not cheap as compared to the competitive products
Sony HT-ST5000 Features
- Experience Dolby Atmos in a 7.1.2ch, 800W sound bar
- Maintain quality from source to screen with 4K HDR support and HDCP 2.2
- Enjoy the rich, detail of Hi-Res Audio in a stylish design
- Google Home compatibility and wireless multi-room listening
- Receiver-like connectivity with 3 HDMI inputs, HDMI ARC and more
5. Pioneer SP-T22A-LR Add-on Speaker
Pioneer SP-T22A-LR Add-on Speaker Andrew Jones Home Bookshelf Speakers.
Headphone designer Andrew Jones offers a line of speakers that provide professional sound quality for your living room.
These well-received speakers provide sound for an immersive listening experience.
The highly-acclaimed award-winning speaker series designed by world-famous engineer Andrew Jones.
Bookshelf SP-BS22A-LR Atmos Speakers are designed to deliver outstanding performance and superior sound quality for music and home theater at an affordable price.
Function: Dolby Atmos activation.
Soft dome tweeter.
– Value For money
– Excellent music and movie quality
– Easy Installation
– Atmos and height speakers together can not be used
Pioneer SP-T22A-LR Add-on Speaker Features
- ANDREW JONES. From speaker designer Andrew Jones comes a collection of speakers that bring professional-quality sound to your living room. These highly-acclaimed bookshelf speakers deliver on sound, creating an immersive listening experience.
- DOLBY ATMOS. This speaker reflects sound off the ceiling and produces a more spacious and detailed sound than speakers using a single full-range driver. With Dolby Atmos and DTS speaker configurations, this speaker brings the sound.
- TWEETER. A multi-element crossover to route high frequencies to the Soft Dome Tweeter and low frequencies to the woofer for smooth sound at high volumes. This circuit allows speakers to sound equally great in stereo, 5.1 surround sound and Dolby Atmos.
- COMPLEX CROSSOVER. 6 Element Complex Crossover perfectly blends audio between the woofer and tweeter for greater accuracy.
- IMPROVED BASS. 4” Structured Surface Woofer with oversized magnets and vented pole pieces provide improved bass response. Blended with the upward firing two-way design, this speaker provides a well-rounded sound landscape.
6. Onkyo SKH-410 Home Audio Dolby Atmos-Enabled Speaker System (Set of 2)
If you don’t want to deal with tower speakers but still want the quality that they offer, Onkyo SKH-410 Home Audio Dolby Atmos is the one to consider.
These speakers are a convenient and inexpensive way to bring theater-quality sound to your home while maintaining your current setup.
Also, there is no need for additional mounting to the ceiling.
This loudspeaker should be installed on a rack, entertainment device, or compatible tower speaker.
The 10-foot cord provides a hassle-free installation environment, so it’s easy to set up and enjoy instantly.
The speaker is less than 6 inches in either direction, so you can easily install it wherever you need it.
As with all Dolby Atmos products, you can get them for quality and longevity.
Some rooms may have trouble displaying surround sound effects.
To maximize the audio output, make sure you are using a Dolby Atmos certified product.
Otherwise, it is because these speakers will not work the way you want them to.
– Good fit and size
– No banana connectors
Onkyo SKH-410 Home Audio Dolby Atmos Features
- TWO SPEAKERS. This set comes with two (2) dedicated Dolby Atmos-Enabled Speakers with Dolby Atmos-Certified Special Network inside for an optimal listening experience. These speakers integrate seamlessly with your existing system.
- DOLBY ATMOS. Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer provides an immersive listening experience, creating a virtual surround and height effect. Position on existing front speakers (such as SKF-4800) or wall-mount to enable Dolby Atmos Height Effects.
- INCREDIBLE SOUND. Full-Range, Acoustic-Suspension, creates incredible sound. Unlock the full Dolby Atmos sound experience in your home theater without in-ceiling speakers.
- CABINET CONSTRUCTION. Wood cabinet construction with high-grade cloth grilles offer a beautiful look and with clearer sound. A black vinyl hairline finish makes these speakers just as beautiful as they are functional.
- FEATURES. Includes 3 meter (10 foot) Speaker Cables (x2). Rated Input Power: 25 W. Maximum Input Power: 100 W. Wall-Mountable.
7. NHT Atmos Mini Add-On Speaker for Dolby Atmos
If you are running out of space and looking for surround speakers, the NHT Atmos Mini Add-On Speaker are the perfect addition to your home theater.
The NHT Mini works with an Atmos receiver to deliver high performance in a small box.
Simply connect it to Dolby Atmos-compatible speakers to create a wide variety of surround sound.
The NHT is small to 6 inches in all directions and can be wall-mounted for a truly theatrical experience.
For uncomfortable surfaces, Mini Atmos has tiny rubber feet that help secure and stabilize the dolby atmos speaker.
These speakers are best suited for movies that use Dolby Surround Sound.
For movies that don’t, the difference might not be that noticeable, but it is still effective for projecting sound throughout the intended space.
They’re designed to be shelf or wall-mounted, but with a little engineering experience, you can even mount these speakers to the ceiling to improve sound distribution.
If you are looking for an easy-to-install Atmos speaker then these are the speakers.
NHT Mini is a plug-in and is by product type.
– Value for money
– Compact dimensions to sit in any corner
– Need to be mounted high for effect
NHT Atmos Mini Add-On Speaker Features
- Upgrade existing home theater systems to Dolby Atmos surround sound with this small add-on speaker and an Atmos-capable receiver.
- Built to provide great sound without dominating floor or shelf space, place the Mini on top of existing speakers or mount on the wall with the built-in mounting bracket.
- High performance and flexibility allow for affordably building up to an 11-channel Dolby Atmos system using any combination of towers and satellites.
- Featuring modern, sharper lines, this add-on speakers compliments flat screen displays and matches decor when mounted on walls.
- Licensed by Dolby Laboratories for Atmos playback, make this speaker part of an upgraded surround sound experience.
8. ELAC Debut 2.0 A4.2 Dolby Atmos Modules
The ELAC Debut 2.0 A4.2 Concentric Dolby Atmos amplifier might not seem like much on the surface, but there is a whole new way to enjoy your favorite movies.
These speakers create an immersive 3D space in your living room and are in great sound center and great quality.
It includes a Dolby Atmos compatible AV receiver and processor and can be mounted on a shelf or above tower speakers to enhance the acoustic performance of your home theater.
This headphone is black with a matte finish and doesn’t get fingerprints like high gloss speaker.
The ELAC 2.0 A4.2 subwoofer is 9.21 inches deep and 7.09 inches wide, and you’ll get the best audio viewing angle at 4.92 inches from the peak.
For optimum performance, we recommend installing these speakers with less than half the width between the floor and ceiling.
These speakers only work with certified Dolby Atmos and Dolby Atmos products, so you won’t be connecting with your audio system since the early 1980s.
– Good height
– Perfect dimensions
– Value for money
– Not dynamic, but slow response
ELAC Debut 2.0 A4.2 Dolby Atmos Modules Features
- Woven Aramid-Fiber woofer
- Dolby Atmos Certified
- Custom Concentric driver
- Intricate crossover. No magnetic shielding
- Height: 4.92 in / 125 mm; Width: 7.09 in / 180 mm; Depth: 9.21 in / 234 mm
9. Klipsch RP-500SA Dolby Atmos Surround Sound Speakers (Ebony)
The all-new Klipsch RP-500SA line is an improved version of the award-winning reference speaker series.
Now second-generation, The Reference Premiere loudspeakers feature the very latest in audio technology, excellent material upgrades, and exciting exterior details.
Enhance your home theater system with stunning sound effects from the Klipsch rp-500sa Dolby Atmos speakers.
Using Klipsch’s horn rod control steering technology, the rp-500sa bounces sound off the ceiling for an immersive, immersive listening experience.
The rp-500sa can be used as a Dolby Atmos immersive speaker, loudspeaker or rear surround model.
Add it to your screen or tower speaker, or use it as a surround speaker for a hemispherical of rich, detailed sound.
In short, Dolby Atmos is the biggest advance in home and cinematic audio since Dolby Atmos is surround sound.
The additional amplifier reflects sound from the ceiling, providing sound anywhere in the room, giving you the feeling of being truly in the middle of the action.
In addition to providing over-the-top sound effects with Dolby Atmos overhead speaker, lift the height and look around.
The rp-500sa is designed to be wall-mounted as a front, rear or side speaker or as a versatile side or rear surround speaker.
The keyhole mounting system makes it easy to add these amazing sound effects to your home theater system for a truly cinematic listening experience.
Switchable Crossover The rp-500sa features a switchable crossover that changes between Atmos and Surround modes for enhanced performance with Dolby Atmos Elevation, side or rear wall-mounted surround speakers.
– High quality, powerful
– Perfect theater experience
– Not cost effective
Klipsch RP-500SA Dolby Atmos Surround Sound Speakers Features
- 1” titanium lts vented tweeters with hybrid tractrix horns
- 5.25" Spun copper cerametallic woofers
- Switchable crossover setting for Dolby Atmos or surround sound
- Keyhole mounting for on-wall Elevation/surround sound
- Premium scratch resistant finish
10. Klipsch 2 Pack R-26FA Dolby Atmos Speaker
The Klipsch 2 Pack R-26FA Dolby Atmos speakers are designed with built-in loudspeaker channels at the top, and not only provide stereo sound to listeners, but also reflect sound from the ceiling for an immersive overhead Dolby Atmos experience.
Klipsch’s characteristic control directive and high performance have been an integral part of Klipsch’s acoustic design principles for a century.
This is why Klipsch is the preferred speaker for this cutting edge vocal stage.
Clarity-90 x 90 Tractrix Horn-laden Horn-laden Exclusive Tractrix Horn Technology and aluminum-alloy woofer provide the most impressive advanced response, greater expansion, enhanced imaging, and dynamics with power.
This results in a cleaner, more natural sound.
Linear Travel Suspension System The LTS loudspeaker was a hallmark of the previous reference line and the Klipsch Palladium flagship, which has become a major component of some of the world’s best loudspeakers.
The upfiring pin elite design that fits perfectly with the upfiring port cabinet and tweeter creates perfect airflow with minimal distortion.
Injection-molded graphite (IMG) speakers are extremely lightweight yet very powerful, providing incredible low-frequency response while minimizing conical separation.
– Outstanding quality of soundtracks
Klipsch 2 Pack R-26FA Dolby Atmos Speaker Features
- Klipsch R-26FA Dolby Atmos Speaker (Pair) - Klipsch R-41M Bookshelf Home Speaker (Pair) - Klipsch R-25C Center Channel Home Speaker - Klipsch R-12SWi 12 " Wireless Subwoofer
- Built-in Elevation Channel for Dolby Atmos
- 1" Aluminum Diaphragm Compression Tweeter
- Dual 6.5" Copper Spun Magnetically Shielded IMG Woofers
- 90 x 90 Square Tractrix Horn
Best Dolby Atmos Speakers Buying Guide
The floor mounted speaker is a full-size floor-standing speaker.
They vary in size, but if you have a lot of space you can consider medium to large floorstanding speakers to appropriately fill the room with sound.
Ideally, floorstanding speakers are recommended as front end speakers.
The types of amplifiers that make up the rest of the multichannel system can be flexible.
Depending on room size, the size of the floorstanding speakers, or personal preference for bass response, full-range speakers can withstand and deliver frequencies low enough to skip the subwoofer completely.
Bookshelf loudspeakers are small speakers that work well as front speakers in small spaces or as back channel speakers in multi-channel systems.
Unlike floor-hung speakers, they must be raised or placed on an elevated surface.
Ideally, it can fit on a dedicated speaker stand or, as the name suggests, on a bookcase.
Center channel amplifier
The center channel speaker is an integral part of a multi-channel system.
Handles audio track dialogue.
As the name suggests, these speakers are located in the center of the system, ideally between the left and right front speakers.
Dolby Atmos Plus Speaker
To experience Dolby Atmos object-based surround sound technology in your system, you need at least 2 speakers (up to 4) for the elevation channel.
These can be bottom-up or ceiling-mount amplifiers. Bottom-up loudspeaker selection simplifies implementation. Can be placed directly over the front or rear speakers.
Ceiling and wall speakers
Ceiling and wall speakers are a great solution for those who want to install a clean, neat speaker that never appears in their space.
Additionally, the ceiling speakers work well with elevation channels in systems capable of decoding Dolby Atmos audio.
Speaker is an option for users who want little space or an inconspicuous speaker system.
It provides a great alternative to traditional speaker systems in tight spaces thanks to its elegant, clean and space-saving elite design.
The amplifier provides much more powerful sound than what you can get from the screen.
The days have gone by when you couldn’t take part in the latest in audio technology by owning a speaker.
Some of the speakers feature Dolby Atmos technology built into the speakers facing upwards, allowing you to enjoy sounds that are object-based.
Home theater in a box
Those who wish to eliminate the hassle or mess of having to purchase a separate speaker system can opt for a home theater inbox.
Home theater in the box is a complete turnkey home theater speaker system package that combines a multi-channel amplifier or receiver with multiple speakers, subwoofer, remote and all the cables you need to connect the system for use.
It also includes video sources like DVD or Blu-ray players.
You will need a subwoofer to get a true ultra low and super LFE (low frequency effects).
The subwoofer is specially designed to provide bass and LFE, also known as bass.
They are meant to be incorporated into a speaker system with the sole purpose of providing low and low frequencies that a loudspeaker cannot provide.
Subwoofers come in different sizes, but the same rules apply to headphones.
For large spaces, it is better to use a larger subwoofer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is Dolby Atmos worth it?
A. Many audiophiles have a hard time deciding whether to upgrade their sound system to one that can handle an additional set of Dolby Atmos speakers.
After all, investments in an additional receiver can accommodate two additional channels that do not need to sneeze.
Those who have upgraded, for them there has been no looking back.
Q2. How do Dolby Atmos speakers work?
A. Instead of mounting the speakers to the living room ceiling, Atmos speakers behave a little differently.
Credit goes to their integrated footprint allows them to be placed on top of the rear or front speakers of current surround sound systems.
No brackets, fasteners, or other hardware are required, so installation time is very short.
The upward trend of Dolby Atmos amplifiers relies on the bounce of sound waves from the atmos dolby speakers to the ceiling to achieve the same result as a decent set of ceiling speakers (not a clumsy setup).
Q3. Why buy a 40-43 inch TV?
A. If you hold apprehensions regarding investing in a 40-inch TV set, we have listed some fantastic features that this size guarantees you:
The 40-43 inch size somewhere lies between the petite sizes like- 32 inch and the larger sizes like the 55 inch.
The smaller sizes are tiny and don’t provide a great viewing experience and have fewer uses.
The 55-inch ones go perfectly if you have a vast living space or wish to experience a home theatre sort of experience.
But if you are one of those whose needs lie between these two extremes, then 40 inch TV makes for a great option.
There are three types of home theater shoppers.
Some people like the process, read about all the reviews, and look at the process first, such as checking how different combinations of ingredients give different results.
Others may not be interested in the options, details and specifications.
They just want a nice home theater.
Thank you so much. There is the largest group.
All in the middle.
See, which group do you fall in and get yourself the speakers of your choice!