Best Chromebook for Photo Editing Review
A laptop makes great use for digital photography.
Nonetheless, some of the best laptops will cost big bucks and weigh heavier than you may think.
But a Chromebook comes in acomfortable package which is lightweight and easily carried for transport.
It’s built to be super easy to use and runs apps from Google’s Play Store, just like an Android phone or tablet.
The advent of Android Apps has made photo editing much more versatile on Chrome OS.
Because of the focus on cloud-based work, using a Chromebook doesn’t appear to require much software installation; thus, it’s pretty hard for users to get a virus on one.
Chrome OS is clutter-free, secure and free of the ‘bloat’ or ‘lag’ you sometimes get with other operating systems which makes the photo editing easy.
If you’re travelling a lot, then Chromebooks may be a great option.The best lightweight Chromebookis also much smaller and thinner than conventional laptops, and they are much easier to bear.
Based on your requirements, here are the top ten Chromebooks for photo editing.
Table Of Content
Top 10 Best Chromebook for Photo Editing
1. Lenovo Chromebook C3302-in-1 Convertible Laptop-Best 10-pointanti-glare touch screen
Lenovo Chromebook C3302-in-1 Convertible Laptop sports an 11.6 inch HD IPS touch screen and is a 2-in-1 device.
It houses a Mediatek MT8173C ARM microprocessor and PowerVR SGX543 graphics co-processor.
It has 4GB DDR3 RAM and 64GB of eMMC storage: Bluetooth 4.2 and 802.11ac WiFi is included as standard connectivity options.
At 2.64lbs, the device is light, ultra-portable and lasts for 10 hours on a single charge.
The port selection includes 1 x USB 3.1, 1x USB 3.0 Type-C, Headphone jack, SD card reader and an HDMI port.
The HDMI port is an additional advantage for users that would use projectors, external displays for work like presentations.
If you are looking for a best Chromebook laptop type, then Lenovo Chromebook C330 is your choice which comes in a sleek and clean design with a solid build.
The device also comes with an HD webcam and stereo speakers for premium video calling experience. The model is from the year 2018.
– Touch Input
– HDMI port
– Stereo speakers
– ARM processor
– Screen size
Lenovo Chromebook C3302-in-1 Convertible Laptop Features
- Get high performance when you need it – The Chromebook C330 boots up in seconds and features easy-to-use Chrome OS, plenty of memory and storage, and so much more
- Sleek, stylish, and secure, this 360⁰ convertible laptop is less than 1-inch thin and about the weight of a hardback book, with an 11-inch touchscreen display that's perfect for day-to-day computing and multimedia, on or offline
- The Lenovo Chromebook C330 is easy to use, offers built-in virus protection and keeps going with long battery life. No setup needed – Just login with a Google account so emails, maps, documents, and photos stay with you via cloud storage
- Built to connect, this notebook computer includes a variety of USB ports for effortless connectivity. Plus, stay in touch with the built-in camera. Bluetooth 4.2
- Users love it; "High end features for a low price," says one happy reviewer. Another adds, "This Chromebook has far exceeded my expectations. The speed is snappy and the device responds quickly to gestures and commands."
2. Samsung Chromebook 4 + Chrome OS 15.6″ Full HD Intel Celeron Processor – Best immersive screen display
Samsung Chromebook 4 + Chrome OS 15.6 aims to disrupt the growing budget laptop segment with this launch.
At 3.8 pounds in weight and 0.65 inches thickness, the Samsung Chromebook 4 is on the heavier sight, but due to its superior plastic finish, it feels premium and sturdy.
The Chromebook sports the tested Dual-Core Intel Celeron Processor which does the job, the processor might struggle in high-end games, other than that, it should power through in most scenarios.
The 4GB DDR4 RAM and 32GB internal storage are adequate for most users.
It sports a 15.6 inch Full HD screen with a sleek design. However, the viewing angles are not good.
The Chromebook boasts of 10.5 Hrs of battery life, which is pretty impressive for the price point.
With its rich features and pricing at $299.00, it is a compelling buy.
– Screen size
– Battery life
– Solid and steady body
– Viewing angles
Samsung Chromebook 4 + Chrome OS 15.6″ Features
- Large and immersive 15.6” display in a compact frame
- Military-grade durability
- Ultra-fast connectivity with Gigabit Wi-Fi
- Advanced security with multiple layers of built-in virus protection
- 10.5 hours of battery life
3. Google Pixelbook Go M3 Chromebook 8GB/64GB – Light Weight
The Pixelbook Go is Google’s showpiece of a mid/high range Chromebook.
Google Pixelbook Go M3 Chromebook 8GB/64GB is one of the best Chromebook to buy that has a slim design with rounded corners overall.
It sports a relatively bigger 13.3-inch Full HD touchscreen display with stylus support.
It is powered by the more powerful Intel M3 processor and integrated Intel graphics.
Coming in various configurations concerning RAM at 8GB/16GB and internal storage at 64/128/256GB, it is for users who do massive operations like Photo editing or heavy multitasking in general.
It is very light at 2 pounds which makes it super-portable.
It would last the entire day comfortably with 12 hours of battery life.
The in-built Titan C Security chip ensures better security and data protection for the user.
The backlit keyboard is handy for work in adverse lighting conditions.
The trackpad is accurate, large and comfortable to use.
However, the Chromebook has 2 USB-C ports and one headphone jack only.
– Touch Input with stylus support (Suitable for photo editing)
– Screen size
– M3 processor
– Good trackpad
– Backlit keyboard
– Configuration options
– Poor ports selection
Google Pixelbook Go M3 Chromebook 8GB/64GB Features
- Pixelbook Go lets you stay unplugged for up to 12 hours,  so you don’t need to carry a charger; when you do need a charge, get up to 2 hours of battery use in just 20 minutes so you can keep going 
- Lightweight Chromebook laptop that’s barely 2 pounds and 13 millimeter thin with a grippable design, making it easier to carry
- Protects your data, passwords, and information with the Titan C security chip and built-in antivirus software; Chrome OS updates automatically to give you the latest features and security 
- Starts up in seconds so it’s always ready when you are; the 8th Gen Intel Core Processor is quick and responsive, powering everything you do
- Pixelbook Go is a quiet and comfortable laptop with a backlit keyboard, ultra quiet keys, and and a spacious touchpad that only needs a light touch
4. ASUS Chromebook C202 Laptop- 11.6″ – Best Spill Resistant Technology
If you are looking for a Chromebook which can handle drops and occasional liquid splashes, then ASUS has launched the ruggedized version of the laptop mainly targeting the users who are looking for a durable.
ASUS Chromebook C202 Laptop is of moderate weight at 2.20 pounds. Due to the rugged nature of the Chromebook combined with Spill-Resistant Design, it is ideal for usage by Children.
Sporting an Intel Celeron N3060 processor and 4GB of RAM, the C202 is targeted towards light and moderate users.
The device comes with 16GB of storage, and users have to rely on Google Drive or any other cloud storage service for their additional storage needs.
The screen resolution is 1,366 x 768, and Colors/ Contrast on display are average.
The in-built speakers also leave much to be desired.
The laptop lasted around 8 hours.
– Solid finish
– Sound system
– Screen resolution
– Less storage
ASUS Chromebook C202 Laptop Features
- Ready for drops and spills with rugged construction with reinforced rubber guards, easy grip handles, and a spill resistant keyboard
- Lightweight 2.65 pound body and rugged construction that can be dropped from 3.9 feet so you can take it anywhere without disruption
- 11.6 inches HD 1366x768 anti-glare display, with 180 degree hinge for easy viewing
- Powered by the Intel Celeron N3060 Processor (2M Cache, upto 2.48 GHz) for fast and snappy performance
- 4 GB DDR3 RAM; 16GB flash storage; No CD or DVD drive; Power adapter: Input: 100 -240 V AC, 50/60 Hz universal. Output : 19 V DC, 2.1 A, 40 W
5. Samsung 11.6″ Chromebook with Intel N3060 up to 2.48GHz -Best features at reasonable cost
Samsung’s try at making a Chromebook has resulted in a low-end device with priority to affordability.
Being one of the cheapest in the segment, Samsung 11.6 still manages an Intel Celeron N3060 processor that turbo-boosts up to 2.5GHz with integrated Intel graphics.
The 4GB DDR4 RAM and 16GB internal storage are adequate for primary usage.
However, the ability of the SD card port to be used for the addition of external storage makes up for the low internal storage.
It sports an 11.6-inch HD screen with a simple overall design.
The additional ports in the form of 1 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0, HDMI and the headphone jack makes this device suitable for students who are looking for a light computing device for college.
The weight is average for Chromebooks at 2.4lbs. At 12 hours, the battery life is a no-brainer.
– Good trackpad
– Ports selection
– Low Internal storage
– Screen size
– Bad aesthetics
Samsung 11.6″ Chromebook Features
- 11 6" 1366 x 768 HD resolution display with LED backlight
- Intel Celeron Processor N3060
- 4GB system Memory 16GB eMMC flash memory
- Intel HD Graphics 400， Bluetooth 4 0 interface Syncs with compatible devices， 1 USB 3 0 port maximizes the latest high-speed devices， HDMI output expands your viewing options，wireless-ac (867 Mbps) Wireless-AC webcam
- Google Chrome OS
6. Newest Acer 2-in-1 Ultra Slim Chromebook, 11.6inch IPS Multi-Touch Screen-Best 360 degree flip design
If you want to buy best quality Chromebook, then Newest Acer 2-in-1 Ultra Slim Chromebook sports an 11.6″ IPS Multi-touch LED-backlit Widescreen should be on your list.
The display resolution is 1366 x 768 and has a 360° Flip Design.
The 2-in-1 devices allow us to enjoy the Chrome OS along with G Suite and other Android Apps at an affordable price.
The Intel Celeron Dual-Core N3350 Processor powers the device.
The device has an Intel HD integrated Graphics card along with 4GB DDR4 RAM and 32GB internal storage.
The device has software support until 2024, which should take care of the future Operating System Updates.
The Chromebook also has 2x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB-C 3.1 ports, 1x Headphone/Speaker Combo Jack, MicroSD Card Reader and HD Webcam.
The Chromebook delivers a decent battery life of around 9 hours.
The device is an ideal fit for Google fans who prefer the convenience of a 2-in-1 device at an affordable price.
– Best display for the price point.
– Overall Value for money.
– Aesthetic Design
– No Optical Drive
Newest Acer 2-in-1 Ultra Slim Chromebook Features
- 11.6" IPS Multi-touch LED-backlit Widescreen (1366 x 768), 360° Flip Design, Intel HD Graphics,
- Intel Celeron Dual-Core N3350 Processor Up to 2.4GHz, 4GB LPDDR4 Memory, 32GB eMMC Storage
- 2x USB 3.0, 2x USB-C 3.1 Gen 1/DisplayPort (charging), 1x Headphone/Speaker Combo Jack, MicroSD Card Reader, NO Optical Drive
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, Google Chrome OS, 3-Cell Battery Life, HD Webcam,
- Open/Edit MS Office Files Using Free Embedded Quick Office Editor or Google Docs for Free
7. HP Chromebook 14-inch Laptop with 180-Degree Swivel and AMD Dual-Core A4-9120 Processor- Big Screen Display
In a segment dominated with devices with 13inch screen or lesser, the HP Chromebook 14-inch Laptop with 180-Degree comes in a 14–inch, 180 Degree swivel avatar with different display options like Full HD or Touch input.
The AMD dual-core A4-9120 processor, comparable to Intel i3 series is a powerful enough for moderate computing and multitasking.
With 4GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC storage and integrated AMD graphics, the device is a rare possibility where affordability meets performance.
Different ports in the form of 2 USB 3.1 Type-C, 2 USB 2.0, Media card reader and a headphone jack populate the sides of Chromebook.
However, the device misses out on expandable storage.
The Chromebook boasts of 8.5 Hrs of battery life.
The trackpad and keyboard are good, and at 3.4 lbs, it is on the heavier side.
– AMD Dual-Core Processor
– Big screen
– Different ports
– Low Internal storage
– Battery life
– Relatively heavy
HP Chromebook 14-inch Laptop with 180-Degree Features
- Power to work and play all day: all the power you need to stay productive and entertained on a seamless Chrome experience
- Daily dose of entertainment: immerse yourself in Dual speakers and audio by B&O play, and easily share your screen with a flexible hinge that allows up to 180-degree rotation
- Processor: AMD Dual-Core a4-9120, 2.2GHz up to 2.5GHz
- Display: 14.0-Inch diagonal HD SVA anti-glare WLED-backlit Display (1366x768)
- Memory: 4 GB DDR4-1866 SDRAM (not upgradable)
8. Acer Chromebook Spin 311 CP311-2H-C3KA Convertible Laptop-Stylish with Matte Finish
The Acer Chromebook Spin 311 CP311-2H-C3KA sports a solid and sturdy matte finish. The laptop looks durable and is robust.
The display is protected by Gorilla Glass, which adds to the durability of the laptop.
The laptop sports an Intel Celeron N4000 processor with 4GB of RAM and 64 GB internal storage, the Chromebook can effortlessly handle day to day activities of a moderate user.
The Chromebook weighs around 3.5 pounds and has dimensions of 15.35 x 8.11 x 0.79 inches.
The Chromebook feels heavy and a bit chunky.
The battery life is pretty good with 8 hours of run time on a single charge in a moderate use case.
The Chromebook 311 takes around 2 hours to charge from zero fully.
The laptop sports two USB-Cs, two USB-As, a MicroSD slot and an audio jack.
The Chromebook ticks all the right boxes and is a definite buy in the mid-price segment.
– Affordable price
– Solid performance
– Comfortable keyboard
– Display light is Dim
– Battery life is terrible
Acer Chromebook Spin 311 CP311-2H-C3KA Features
- Chromebook runs on chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically*, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time. (*Internet connection is required).
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and slides.
- Get access to more than 2 million Android apps from Google Play to learn and do more.
- Chromebooks come with built-in storage for offline access to your most important files and an additional 100GB of Google Drive space to ensure that all of your files are backed up automatically.
- CP311-2H-C3KA comes with 11.6” HD touch convertible Display, Intel Celeron N4000, 4GB LPDDR4 Memory, 64GB eMMC, Google Chrome, up to 10-hours Battery Life
9. Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5 13″ Laptop, FHD (1920 x 1080) Touch Display-Best 2 in 1 Chromebook with 4GB RAM
The Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5 13 is a mid-level 2-in-1 laptop.
The device has a premium looking aluminium body.
The Chromebook weighs 2.97 pounds and has dimensions of 2.2 x 8.3 x 0.7 inches.
The display department is taken care of by the 13.3 inches Full HD touch display.
The display is subpar at this price point.
The laptop is powered by the two core/4 thread Intel Core i3-10110U processor.
It has a 4 GB DDR4 RAM and 64GB SSD, due to the presence of the SSD the laptop is snappy.
The Flex 5 sports a pretty standard selection of ports.
On the right side, it has a USB-C 3.1, USB-A 3.1, headphone jack, and microSD card slot.
The left side includes a USB-C port.
The Chromebook sports dual inbuilt speakers are quite loud with good bass.
The Flex 5 is a pretty decent performer at the highly competitive mid-level laptop segment.
– Stylish body
– Good Display
– Battery life
Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5 13″ Laptop Features
- Work from home, school, or anywhere with the outstanding combination of performance, connectivity, and entertainment enabled by 10th generation InteI Core processors. The Lenovo Flex 5 offers intelligent performance features that adapt to you for a personalized, intuitive, and responsive experience
- This 2-in-1 laptop combines a keyboard and touchscreen to make it easy to interact with everything on your display. You can also use the Lenovo digital pen (sold separately) to quickly write, click or drag files right on the screen
- The 13-inch FHD display in this slim, light 360° convertible Chromebook offers beautiful visuals, while narrow bezels minimize distractions. Two user-facing stereo speakers keep you immersed in the experience
- Use your Google account to easily access files, videos, music, and documents stored on the cloud from anywhere. With up to 10 hours of battery life, you'll stay productive
- Connect with the built-in webcam, 2 USB Type-C ports, a USB Type-A port, and an audio jack. It also has the latest Intel Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0 a fast, reliable connection
10. HP X360 Chromebook 11.6-inch 2-in-1 Touchscreen HD Laptop PC-Long Lasting Battery
The HP X360 Chromebook 11.6-inch 2-in-1 Touchscreen comes in an 11.6-inch form factor.
It sports the Corning Gorilla Glass 3 HD touch screen and is a 2-in-1 device.
It comes equipped with Intel Celeron N3550 microprocessor that turbo-boosts up to 2.4 GHz and integrated Intel Graphics.
It has 4GB DDR4 RAM and 64GB of eMMC storage.
Wireless connectivity options include Bluetooth 4.2 and 802.11b/g/n/ac WiFi.
The device weighs in at 2.76lbs and boasts of 11.5 hours of battery life which makes it a must-have if you are a traveller.
The ports include 2 x USB 3.1, 2 x USB 3.1 Type-C, Headphone jack and an SD card reader.
The Chromebook also comes with an HD front-facing webcam and integrated microphone along with stereo speakers.
The model is from the year 2019.
– Touch Input
– Number of ports
– Celeron processor
– Battery life
– Stereo speakers
– Screen size
HP X360 Chromebook 11.6-inch 2-in-1 Touchscreen Features
- X360 2-in-1 flip Design, 11.6-inch diagonal Touch Screen HD IPS WLED-backlit (1366 x 768) with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Intel Celeron Dual Core N3350 1.10GHz (Turbo up to 2.4GHz), Intel HD Graphics 500, SD Card Reader
- 4GB Memory, 64GB eMMC Flash Drive, No Optical Drive, Front-facing HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated digital microphone
- 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo, 2 x USB 3.1, 2 x USB 3.1 Type-C, Headphone jack, Integrated Stereo Speakers and Microphone
- Google Chrome OS, Up to 11 hours and 30 minutes Battery, weights 2.76 lbs
Best Chromebook for Photo Editing Buying Guide
Things to consider while getting the best Chromebook for Photo editing:
You have to very careful in choosing the best Chromebook to buy.
It involves looking for certain aspects like,
– If you want to use a lot of Android apps on your Chromebook, it’s the best option to get a two-in-one with a touchscreen, like Lenovo Chromebook C330.
– You should also decide whether you want a 360-degree hinge ‘s flexibility like in Newest Acer 2-in-1 Ultra Slim Chromebook.
– Be sure to test the Chromebook’s tech specs you want before you purchase it to ensure it has simple features such as a backlit keyboard, an HD or FHD screen, a non-touch or touch display, and a stylus included.
– Chromebook has the ports that you need like in HP X360 Chromebook.
Although most come with at least one USB-A port, some of the latest models forgo USB-A and instead opt for all USB Type-C ports.
– RAM, or the amount of memory in a Chromebook, makes the computer run quickly when you have several tabs opened.
Most Chromebooks come with 4 GB of RAM, and that’ll be enough.
– Those who want to drive Chrome OS further — users with more than 20 tabs of browsers open at once, 8 GB of RAM would be ideal like the one given by Google Pixel book Go M3 Chromebook.
Doing this should ensure that the computer will not lag.
– Space is not a Chromebook’s most critical spec, but it should not be ignored.
Every Chromebook needs some on-board storage and can get away with just 16 GB or 32 GB of storage.
– If you prefer to be able to save some documents locally, or if you’re planning to download a lot of apps and programs for photo editing, you should get a Chromebook like with storage of at least 64 GB (HP X360 Chromebook)to 128 GB.
– Some choose Chromebooks over other PCs since they’re so affordable.
– The majority of Chrome OS laptops and convertibles are priced between $199 and $499, which is a few hundred dollars cheaper than the most affordable Windows devices.
All the factors we’ve outlined above contribute to the best cheap laptops for photo editing: design, materials, quality of the screen, processor, RAM and storage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How long is the life of Chromebook battery?
A. Chromebooks are famous for their excellent battery life.
Depending on what sort of Chromebook you ‘re purchasing, the battery life of the best Chromebook laptop lasts from 12 to 7 hours.
Q2. Is Chromebook good for photo editing?
A. There are a lot of apps for Chromebook that works wonderfully for photo editing.
The Chromebook is much affordable and handy.
Q3. How long does a Chromebook to last?
A. A lifecycle of best Chromebooks ever is 6.5 years, because Chromebooks have much less moving parts, meaning they’ll most likely last longer than any laptop.
Slowly people are moving from laptops to Chromebooks as it is lightweight and inexpensive.
Chromebooks are a perfect choice for those who also deal with cloud-based resources that they can access an internet connection from any location.
Be it photo editing or any other task, Chromebooks are user friendly as it uses Android apps.
For people who can’t afford much, Chromebook photo editing could be an excellent choice for you and your wallet.
So, what is your choice of the best Chromebook for photo editing?
Which one do you think is the best?
Let us know your preference and why you chose that in the comments section below.