Best Brushless Impact Driver Review
An impact driver is nothing but a cordless drill.
The use of the impact driver makes your work feel much more seamless and rapid, which would otherwise require a lot of effort and labor.
An impact driver is the ideal way of handling and fixing all the screws of your devices at home.
They deliver seamless and smooth functioning.
The results that an impact driver delivers are unmatched in comparison to other drills.
They are a potent tool that can easily penetrate any surface no matter how hard and thick it might be.
This is due to the superior force and the seamless control they offer you when placed in your hand.
These impact driver tools provide you with a lot of power and sleeve strain to execute the most difficult tasks with utmost ease and precision.
They are powerful enough to tackle the heaviest and the most massive screws without applying much exertion or power.
The other drills available in the market utilize much more power than these impact drives and provide a much less result.
The fact that these impact drivers are much compact makes them very easy to be stored anywhere you want as they do not exhaust your space, and that way, it’s even straightforward to move them around according to your requirement.
If you are looking for an impact tool for your use, in this article, we have listed the best impact tools available in the market, and you can choose your ideal tool depending on your need and requirements.
Table Of Content
Top 10 Best Brushless Impact Driver
1. Milwaukee 2853-20 M18 FUEL 1/4″ Hex impact Driver (Bare Tool)-Torque 1800 in lbs – Perfect For Constricted Spaces
Priced at $249.00, M12 Fuel Surge makes for a great impact driver.
Milwaukee 2853-20 M18 FUEL 1/4 is backed with an excellent quality brushless motor, which runs at RPM of 3,300.
The impact driver is compatible with all the drivers of 18 and 20-volt power.
The design of the tools makes it very easy to use, as the body fits in very well in the user’s hands.
The compact head of the tool’s device makes it easy for us to store it anywhere without exhausting much of the space.
The tools come along with a triple stripped LED, making it very easy to use the device even if there is a lack of light in the room.
This tool makes for great daily use and also works excellently, even with the most challenging situations.
It will provide you with a seamless result and deliver the utmost perfection.
The best part about this tool is that it’s easy to handle, and you no longer have to bear the weight and discomfort of very heavy motors as the tool serves as the one-stop solution for all your demands.
The model is backed with two 2.0Ah batteries.
Another thing that comes along this kit is an excellent quality charger, which is ideal in function.
The case of the kit is very sturdy and ensures safety for all the equipment present inside.
Another fantastic thing about this tool is that it comes with a warranty of 5 years, and for the batteries, you get two additional years of free service.
At the cost that this kit is priced, they are some remarkable features.
– Compact size
– Easy to carry around
– Seamless functioning
– A little tricky for begineers.
– Not very user-friendly
Milwaukee 2853-20 M18 FUEL 1/4″ Hex impact Driver Features
- POWERSTATE Brushless Motor delivers up to 30% Faster Driving Speed, increasing users productivity
- Most Compact Impact Driver at 4.59" in length providing more access in tight spaces
- Up to 25% More Torque with up to 2,000in-lbs to complete more demanding applications
- REDLITHIUM Battery Pack: Delivers more work per charge and more work over the life of the pack than competitors
- 4-Mode DRIVE CONTROL provides greater control over output speed and power.
2. DEWALT 20V MAX XR Impact Driver – DIY Friendly
DEWALT 20V MAX XR Impact Driver makes for a great professional level impact driver tool.
It can help you handle the most complicated bolts using its potent motor.
It is backed with a reliable 4.0Ah battery.
You even have the option to change these batteries with 2.0Ah batteries priced at $200.
The motor of this brushless tool provides an RPM of 3,250.
This machine is straightforward to use as it comes with three simple power settings.
Changing the settings according to your work is not at all complicated, assuring a smooth working.
You can blindly trust the quality of this tool as it’s manufactured with brilliance.
And if you still aren’t convinced, then the product is available with years of the warranty period and three years of free service for the batteries.
The tool is convenient and incredibly seamless due to which you can fix any structure no matter how complicated it might be.
The case of the kit is rugged and perfect for keeping all the tools very safe.
– Comes with an amazing LED.
– Great quality torque.
– Comes with a 3 year warranty.
– The batteries are very heavy.
– Not very easy to carry the product around.
DEWALT 20V MAX XR Impact Driver Features
- DEWALT built brushless motor
- (2) 20V Max XR Lithium-Ion(4.0ah) batteries delivers more run time and capacity
- Compact, lightweight design for tight spaces
- 3-speed settings for versatility with Precision Drive for added control- 0-1,000/ 2,800/ 3,250 RPM
- (3) LED lights with 20 second delay after trigger release
3. Black + Decker 20V MAX Impact Driver – Budget Friendly
Black + Decker 20V MAX Impact Driver is ideal for all those who have a knack for DIYs.
With this tool, you can attain a rotation of 3000 per minute.
It’s a fundamental tool that makes for the occasional users’ perfect choice and hence doesn’t come with any high end or advanced features.
Though it is devoid of the brushless motor, it still delivers the best possible result.
This tool can work very efficiently even under 4×6 inch pressure and with cabinet screws, long deck screws, and 4½-in.
It works seamlessly with all these challenging surfaces.
And if you need to get rid of any screws, then it will work great with 5⁄16-in—bolts, torqued at 20, 30, and 40 foot-pounds.
Even though it’s meant for home uses, it still can stand the right amount of pressure and tension.
It won’t easily succumb under pressure, and if you still hold doubts, then it comes with a warranty of almost 2 years.
Along with the compact driver, the kit includes a 1.5Ah battery and a very excellent quality charger.
Though the tool doesn’t provide the IPM, it does support the torque of 1,375 in.-lb.
– Comes with a 2 year warranty
– Great Engineered, that can supply 20,30 and 40 foot-pounds.
– The motor is not brushless.
– The IMP is not available.
Black + Decker 20V MAX Impact Driver Features
- HIGH PERFORMANCE IMPACT SCREWDRIVER - Lightweight impact driver for fast, high- powered screw driving action
- COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHT - Easy to maneuver and lightweight, with soft-touch grip
- QUICK-RELEASE HEX CHUCK - Features 1⁄4-inch quick-release hex chuck for quickly swapping out hex bits
- POWER IN YOUR HANDS - Delivers 1375 inch- pounds of max torque for fast and efficient driving of screws and other fasteners
- INTERCHANGEABLE BATTERY - Powered by the BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX* Powerconnect Lithium-Ion battery system
4. BOSCH 12-Volt Max EC Impact Driver – Least Expensive
The BOSCH 12-Volt Max EC Impact Driver is the least expensive tool on our list.
They are an excellent quality tool that is compact and very handy.
The boss is a trendy name amongst the professionals as they swear by the product’s quality.
They are great at performing every task that you can expect from an impact driver.
It works very well even when one needs to perform a delicate job as the speed automatically considerably reduces to deliver the task with utmost precision.
This device works equally great with the most complicated tasks at hand, as well.
If your work area is limited or unreachable, this device will help you achieve your job seamlessly.
In this kit, you also receive two 2.0Ah batteries and a charger.
The case that comes along is excellent in quality and will keep all your items intact.
The brushless motor will provide you an RPM of 2,600, an IPM of 3,100.
The product comes with a 1-year warranty, which is a little less compared to other devices.
– Styled compactly.
– Remarkable efficiency.
– Works wonders for Cabinets and slides.
– Delivers perfection for woodwork.
– The attachments can be task to use.
– Seamless results are delivered with mostly heavy installations.
BOSCH 12-Volt Max EC Impact Driver Features
- Compact: The PS42-02 Features an Ultra-Compact Head Length of 5.5 Inches and Weighs Only 1.6 Lbs.. the Driver Is Lightweight and Ideal for All-Day Use.
- TORQUE: The Bosch PS42-02 12 Volt Driver provides 975 inches --pounds of max torque, making it ideal for repeat driving tasks and about 85 percent of fastening tasks.
- SPEED: The driver offers fast driving no-load RPM ratings of 0-1,200 and 0-2,600 and an optimized impact system with no-load impact per minute ratings of 0-2,700 and 0-3,100.
- EFFICIENT: With a 12V EC Brushless motor, the PS42-02 provides unmatched efficiency with greater runtime and a longer tool life.
- CONVENIENT: The PS42-02 driver comes complete with three LED lights for improved illumination in dark work spaces and a belt clip for quick and easy storage.
5. RIDGID 18-Volt Stealth Force Pulse Driver – Silent, But Powerful
For those who wish to work in silence, RIDGID 18-Volt Stealth Force Pulse Driver is an ideal choice.
The product is powered with an oil-pulse technology that decreases the noise by smoothening out the metal-on-metal contact.
This sets this impact driver apart from a lot of other machines available in the market.
This factor even improves the overall functioning of this tool by reducing the number of rotations per minute.
Changing the tool’s settings in the middle of the work is also a straightforward task and doesn’t hinder your overall result.
The tool comes along with an excellent quality LED, which will aid you in helping in even the darkest areas.
This tool is excellent for performing the most stressful task, even in the most challenging situations.
The impact driver also includes two excellent quality 2.0Ah batteries and a superb quality charger.
The excellent quality soft bag will ensure extreme safety to all the tools present inside the kit.
The product is powered with a brushless motor that provides 2,800 RPM, an IPM of 2,100, and 1,200 in-lb.
The one quality that sets RIDGID apart from all the other companies is that it offers a lifetime service, which is a scarce quality.
– Comes with an amazing tool bag
– Batteries are very powerful.
– Silent operation.
– Doesn’t cause disturbance.
– A little complicated to use.
– On a heavier side.
RIDGID 18-Volt Stealth Force Pulse Driver Features
- LED LIGHTING: Upon activating the impact driver, a tri-beam LED at the chuck turns on to illuminate your project
- ERGONOMIC GRIP: Get maximum control of your project with the help of the rubber-coated grip for comfort and precision
- QUICK EJECT CHUCK: Insert bits with one hand and eject them in seconds by pulling back on the collet
- SPEED ADJUSTMENT: Three speed modes are included for you to work from 750 to 2750 RPM (450-2250 Inch Pounds of Torque)
- BELT CLIP: A belt clip is included to keep this tucked to your side for on-the-go working
6. Metabo HPT 18V Cordless Impact Driver- Comes with Best Warranty!
Metabo HPT 18V Cordless Impact Driver is Metabo’s relaunched series of products.
These are comparatively lower in price compared to the previous products.
But that doesn’t mean that there’s any compromise on the quality and in fact, they come with the right amount of needed modern characteristics.
The model is loaded with a brushless motor that provides RPM of 3100, IPM of 3400, and Torque of 1522 in-lb.
The review of the drill is very promising.
Though this is a fundamental model of an impact driver, it still has the best possible features and incredible speed.
This impact driver is a great quality tool manufactured with best the highest quality components.
The kit comes along with a driver, a 1.5Ah battery, and a charger.
The quality of all the products in this kid is remarkable, and won’t disappoint you.
If you still hold apprehensions, then the kit comes with a warranty period of 2 long years for the battery and around one year for the charger.
And for the driver, you get a warranty that lasts for lifelong.
All this gives double insurance of the fantastic quality of the product, ensuring excellent performance.
– Excellent performance
– Comes with 2 years of warranty
– Very powerful batteries.
– Doesn’t include high-end features.
– Only supports 18-volt batteries.
Metabo HPT 18V Cordless Impact Driver Features
- 18V Lightweight and Powerful Impact Driver
- INCLUDES: WH18DBFL2QB Impact Driver, BSL1815 battery, and UC18YKSLM charger
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Only 2.9 lbs (with 18V 1.5Ah battery) for reduced user fatigue when working overhead or with extended use
- POWER: Professional grade power with 1,522 in/lbs of turning torque and up to 0-3,100 RPM with 0-3,400 BPM
- EASY BIT CHANGE: Keyless 1/4 In. hex drive
7. Makita 18V LXT 4-Speed Impact Driver – Advanced feature Apex!
Makita 18V LXT 4-Speed Impact Driver is a fantastic tool that provides you with some great features, including 20-volt power, brushless motor, 3600 RPM, 3800 IPM, and torque 1600 in-lb.
It’s an amazingly manufactured tool that is very compact and won’t consume much of your space.
All the extra jobs that were pending can be done easily with this tool.
The entire functioning of this tool is very smooth and easygoing.
The remarkable engineering of the machine makes sure that the device doesn’t make any sound whatsoever.
All these features speak volumes about the impeccable manufacturing of the tool.
The kit is loaded with various kinds of features using which you can accommodate the device depending on your ease and convenience to perform a task.
With time when you get used to the tool and its functioning, you can achieve some remarkable results with utmost perfection.
It is built of the utmost quality.
This impact driver kit comes with two excellent quality 5.0Ah batteries, a swift charger, a very sturdy case to keep your belongings very safe.
And if you still hold any apprehensions, then the kit comes with a warranty of 3 years.
– Easily accessible speed selector placed above trigger.
– Batteries are very powerful.
– Doesn’t make much noise.
– Not very user-friendly
– Can be difficult for amateurs.
Makita 18V LXT 4-Speed Impact Driver Features
- Quick-shift mode uses the Brushless motor’s electronic controls to find the best balance of speed and torque for each application for more efficient fastening
- Bl Brushless motor delivers 3, 600 max RPM and 1, 600 in.Lbs. Of max torque
- 4-Speed power selection (0-1, 100/ 0-2, 100/ 0-3, 200/ 0-3, 600 RPM & 0-1, 100/ 0-2, 600/ 0-3, 600/ 0-3, 800 IPM) provides precise fastening control for a wide range of applications
- Additional one-touch 4-speed power selector button under the chuck for added convenience
- Assist mode (a-mode) feature helps eliminate "screw cam-out" And "cross threading" By driving at low speed until tightening begins
8. Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ Impact Driver – ―BEST FOR HOME PROJECTS
In this entire list of tools, the most cost high tool is Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ Impact Driver.
Even though it is offered at such a less price, it comes with some impressive features and characteristics.
With this tool, you can achieve almost all the tasks that you might expect from an impact driver at your home itself.
This impact driver comes with a warranty of 3 years, which is excellent.
The other times included in the kit are 1.3Ah battery, charger, and a soft tool bag.
The jobs can be accomplished easily.
You can use this tool to tackle latches at shackle jolts using the 18 volts of power that the machine offers you.
The maximum force that you can expect from this machine is1,500 inch-pounds.
The speed trigger that you can expect from the tool lies between 0 to 2,600RPM.
Because the product is priced reasonably, the apparatus head is not as great as the professional models, and its uses will be limited.
– Great features.
– Comes with a great quality tool bag.
– 3 years of warranty.
– Battery isn’t very powerful
– Doesn’t come with a supporting light.
Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ Impact Driver Features
- 3 SPEED GEARBOX: Vary between 0 and 3200 Impacts Per Minute, letting you work on both delicate and difficult jobs at the flick of a switch
- TOOL-LESS BIT CHANGE: With this special chuck, you need only to insert your bits into the slot. Eject the bits by pulling back on the collar. No tools necessary
- RUBBER OVERGRIP: Special notched rubber covers the handle, giving you a stronger grip on the tool even in slippery conditions
- LED LIGHTING next to the chuck lets you illuminate your job, letting you work in poor lighting
- MAGNETIC BIT HOLDER attached to the base of the tool lets you hold on to fasteners and bits that you may need to attach to the tool while you’re high up on a ladder
9. Makita XDT131 – Best Brushless Impact Driver With Affordable Price Tag
Makita XDT131 is a great quality impact driver which is available at the most reasonable price.
The product is powered with 18V lithium-ion batteries.
The impact tools that have a brushless engine installed are usually available at a very high cost.
People hold apprehensions before investing in it because it digs a deep hole in their pockets.
But, with Makita XDT131, the company has fulfilled your wish of providing such a great quality tool at a minimal cost.
The motor’s incredible power will help you work your machine against every possible material as the power can reach up to 3400 RPM and 3600 IPM.
This proves that with this device, you can work on every conceivable material.
All of your jobs at home will be managed easily.
This device’s high-end technology makes it ideal for helping you complete all the desired tasks with utmost precision.
The batteries of this device are 3.0 Ah, which makes your work even more convenient and easy.
This tool’s lightweight makes it very easy for you to carry it around without having to face such issues.
The outstanding quality LED dual light attached to this tool will illuminate your workplace so nicely that you will practically face no problem while executing your tasks.
The impressive features make it a must-buy product.
All in all, this is a great tool and possibly an unparalleled option that you can expect at this price range.
– Compact in size and easy to carry around.
– Powerful and great quality motors.
– Supported with great quality LEDs.
– Comes with batteries that are- 18V lithium-ion.
– Doesn’t provide the ergonomic feature.
– Lacks many features.
Makita XDT131 – Best Brushless Impact Driver Features
- BL Brushless motor delivers 1, 500 inches pounds Of max torque
- Variable speed (0 3, 400 RPM and 0 3, 600 IPM) for a wide range of fastening applications
- The BL Brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50 percentage longer run time per charge
- The electronically controlled BL Brushless motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
10. PORTER-CABLE PCCK647LB – Best Brushless Impact Driver For Household Use
Porter-cable is one of the most renowned names in the market for creating home-based appliances.
Their new PORTER-CABLE PCCK647LB is to a remarkable quality impact driver powered with a brushless motor.
All your jobs can be done accurately.
Brushless motor is known for providing you with excellent quality power as it has the most powerful battery and motor technology.
All these features make the tool too light in weight and, at the same time, very handy and easy to use.
As it weighs light thus can be handled easily.
This impact driver kit comes with 20V MAX Lithium-ion batteries, which make for impeccable manufacturing quality.
The other tools present in the kit are an excellent quality compact charger, and a fantastic quality LED, illuminating your working place to provide you with seamless working experience.
To take the working experience to another level, the product is powered with an over mould, which provides you with extreme comfort and eases to execute the most difficult tasks at hand.
This tool makes for a fantastic product for both hobbies and professional use.
If you are one of the picky customers, this impact drill suits you the best.
The product’s overall quality is remarkable, and it shall last you for a very long time.
– Easily movable
– Great manufacturing and highly durable
– Brushless motor provides a remarkable result.
– Powered with 20V MAX Li-Ion battery
– Feasible price range
– Not the best option for demanding projects.
– The motors wont provide an ideal efficiency.
PORTER-CABLE PCCK647LB Features
- BRUSHLESS MOTOR: Delivers 50% more runtime than brushed model.
- PERFORMANCE: Provides 2,700 MAX RPMs and 1,400 in-lbs of max torque for large fastening applications.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: 14% shorter in length than previous model and quick change chuck for one-handed easy bit changes.
- INCLUDES: PCC647 Impact Driver, (2) PCC680L 20V MAX* Lithium Ion Batteries, (1) PCC699L Charger, (1) Screwdriving Bit.
- PART OF THE PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX* SYSTEM: Battery works with all Porter-Cable 20V MAX* lithium ion products.
Best Power Tool Kit Buying Guide
The difference between the impact driver and the regular drill is the trigger.
Impact drivers have a switch in place of these triggers.
When choosing an ideal drill for yourself, you should keep in check that these switches work correctly and smoothly to deliver you the best possible result.
Some of these drills have an issue, and their triggers can be jam, becoming an obstruction in the way of processing.
The best way to go about it is finding a neutral switch, which will lessen the battery’s burden and therefore improve the capacity of the drill.
Over-mold and ergonomics
When it comes to impact drivers, then ergonomics are assuredly exceptional.
Most of the other drills can be tough to use because of there compact size.
Therefore before buying a product, one should check it’s comfort level while being used.
That way, you won’t regret it later while making use of it.
An ideal impact driver should seamlessly fit in your hand and help in smooth functioning.
An easy to use and comfortable impact driver will help you perform your task efficiently and deliver an ideal result.
Number of Batteries
The battery voltage, which is the most compatible with cordless impact drivers, is 12V and 18V, which means these are the two voltages at which the product can seamlessly function.
If you have to choose between the two, then 12V is a better option to go with, the reason being that it makes the gadget feel much lighter and provides additional support while you are performing a task.
Whereas the 18V can be a little challenging to use as it will require you to use much more additional power.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What Is An Impact Driver For?
A. An impact driver is a tool meant for mechanical purposes, mostly dealing with loosening and tightening the screws and nuts.
If you have items at home that might have too tight screws that are jam or a thing going loose because of ill screw connections, then an impact driver comes very handily.
These drills function on power, making the mechanical drilling much more convenient and easy.
Using these impact drivers, you can handle some complicated issues at your home all by yourself without taking any professional help.
The power that backs these tools is extreme and can help you achieve an ideal outcome.
Q2. What Does Brushless Mean In Drills?
A. A brushless drill is a more meticulously designed drill in comparison to the brushed motor drill.
These drills very compact and less amount of power to deliver some fantastic results.
The brushless drill will seamlessly achieve the task that one needs to expect out of it.
It is much safer and provides much more power than other drills.
They are a modified version of drivers only devoid of a brush.
The other drills available in the market can also achieve this purpose, but the only difference is that they are not as efficient as the brushless impact driver.
Those you might feel that these are a little more expensive than the other ones, but their kind of innovation is unparalleled and matchless.
Q3. What Are Better Brushed Or Brushless Engines?
A. The answer to this, in short, is- Anyday.
They are an ideal machine that provides an efficiency of almost 90% compared to other brushes whose efficiency is only 80%.
The main factor behind this is the rotational power, which is much more prevalent in the brushless engines than any other machines.
If you wish to buy an impact driver, then before placing the order, you ought to be sure of what you need it for.
Post that, you should ideally do some amount of detailed research regarding the same.
Trust only the professionals as they will help you choose the ideal one that would fit all your requirements.
From the above reviews, we are sure, you will be able to pick the one that suits you the most.
It would help if you kept in mind: power, pounds of force, RPM, and weight.
The amount of energy that one might require in their impact driver depends on the usage that they are seeking.
There are ample options available in the market, and each of them is loaded with their reasons and specifications; the right fit for you entirely depends on what you are looking for.