Best Battery Weed Trimmer Review
Who doesn’t love the dreamy look of a neat, lush garden!
Thank God for the blessings of the tech God, now whacking out the uninvited weeds in your garden is easier than ever.
Battery operated trimmers will not limit you with annoying cords when so you can reach every little corner of your lawn without unplugging worries.
Quality battery weed trimmers are lightweight yet powerful to make the job of trimming those pesky little weeds a cakewalk.
So now, you do not have to spend thousands every year on professional services to keep your garden looking prim and proper.
With so many great options to choose from, it can be an overwhelming journey for most buyers, so we are here with our concise review and guide of the 10 best battery weed trimmers.
Table Of Content
Top 10 Best Battery Weed Trimmer
1. Worx WG163.10 GT 3.0 20V PowerShare 12″ Cordless String Trimmer & Edger – The bestseller
Go from trimming the weed from your lawn to defining the edges with precise clean-cut lines in a jiffy with this beauty.
Although a mere 6 pounds in weight, it is powered with a pair of Herculean MaxLithium batteries to give it all the juice to make 7600 rpm for a quick chop.
Worried about chopping off some of your pretty plants and flowers while hacking those weeds?
Well, we have good news.
An adjustable spacer guard keeps the 12-inch trimmer in control.
The head of Worx WG163.10 GT 3.0 20V PowerShare 12 can tilt a full 90°, so you trim weed off of tight spaces and slopes with ease.
You can tilt it by simply pushing it with your foot or hand.
– 90° pivoting head that can be manipulated with a push
– Wheel guiding for creating clean edges
– Adjustable handle
– The positioning of the command feed button and power button can confuse beginners
Worx WG163.10 GT 3.0 20V PowerShare 12″ Cordless String Trimmer & Edger Features
- Trimmer & edger 2-in-1: Easily converts from a string trimmer to a wheel edger in just seconds
- Instant line feed: Innovative push button command feed spool system for instant line feeding. Plus, free spools for life
- 2 batteries are included: 2 powerful and lightweight 20 volts Power Share MaxLithium batteries come with this tool, and can be used on any other tool in the WORX Power Share family
- Rubberized wheels: Support and guide the edger, giving you straighter lines and cleaner cuts
- Head tilts 90°: So you can trim and edge on sloped terrain, and get to tough-to-reach places
2. Greenworks G-MAX 40V Cordless String Trimmer and Leaf Blower Combo Pack – Power-packed battery with the best charge retention
A single charge can make Greenworks G-MAX 40V Cordless String Trimmer and Leaf Blower Combo Pack with a pair of 2.0 Ah run for 45 minutes straight, hacking off even the toughest weed within a blink of an eye.
Indicators will let you know how much juice is left for you to use at all times.
Have a small space?
Collapse the long trimmer with just a few rotations of a knob and store with ease.
An adjustable handle makes it comfortable for all landscapers, whether you are tall or short.
So, you don’t end up with backache after landscaping day.
Speaking of comfort, the trimmer is not only lightweight, but the weight is also distributed evenly to make the job rather effortless.
With minimum voice and vibrations, you can do your landscaping any time of the day without waking up your neighbors.
Besides the two-in-one trimmer and edger, you also get a powerful leaf blower in this pack that keeps your garden neat even during the shedding season of autumn.
– Powerful batteries
– Sturdily built and design
– Can trim up to an acre with ease
– Accompanies with a quality blower
– The buttons are a bit stiff.
Greenworks G-MAX 40V Cordless String Trimmer and Leaf Blower Combo Pack Features
- Up to 45 minutes of run time with fully charged 2.0Ah Battery, Battery and charger included
- The innovative axial fan design delivers 110 mph and 390 CFM to handle tough clearing jobs
- Light weight and easy to use
- 40V 2Ah Li-Ion Battery and charger included, compatible Battery and charger models 29462, 29472 and 29482
3. BLACK+DECKER (LST136) 40V Max String Trimmer / Edger – the most efficient weed trimmer
While most trimmers will give you just an impressive battery, boasts of the ability to adjust the power output level with a press of a button to conserve battery life and make the best use of the power conserve.
Moreover, a single one-hour charge can make the batteries run for about a strong 25 minutes.
With a simple rotation of the head, you can turn the string trimmer with a 13-inch cutting path to a precise edger.
It is integrated with an automatic line feed which advances automatically when it encounters resistance as you trim the grass and weeds in your yard.
– Replaceable parts
– Powercommand to adjust runtime and power depending on charge content of the battery
– 13-inch cut swath
– Powerdrive Transmission delivers more power to cutting string from motor
– Short battery life
BLACK+DECKER (LST136) 40V Max String Trimmer / Edger Features
4. CRAFTSMAN V60 WEEDWACKER String Trimmer & Edger (CMCST960E1) – the best weed trimmer with the best motor
Powered with a robust 60V 2.5 Ah battery and a brushless motor, this champ can run for over 1.5 hours easily with 45 minutes’ worth of charge.
Speaking of charge, the pack includes a fast-charge charger to power up the battery which when full is indicated with a green light.
A 50-inch adjustable shaft length of the trimmer allows everyone from the tallest of the tall to the shortest of the short to do their own landscaping with utmost comfort.
The handle of CRAFTSMAN V60 WEEDWACKER String Trimmer & Edger is also adjustable.
With a 15-inch cutting swath, clear up your lawn of nutrient scavenging weed quickly and efficiently.
You can switch between two different speed options – HI and LO.
The LO speed does a mighty good job while conserving battery life too while the HI speed makes hacking those tough weed a lightening quick cakewalk.
– Can be maneuvered
– Well balanced weight distribution
– Two-speed settings
– Super-fast and efficient
– Can feel heavy at 16.27 pounds
CRAFTSMAN V60 WEEDWACKER String Trimmer & Edger Features
- EXTENDED RUN TIME: Brushless motor with a high performance 2.5 Ah battery pack of the weed wacker provides longer runtime and has a 2 speed switch for added power
- ADJUSTABLE: Ergonomic adjustable length pole of the edger/trimmer to fit your height
- QUICKWIND SPOOL SYSTEM: Quickly and easily replace your 0.080-inch twisted line with this grass cutter
- BUMP FEED: 15-inch cutting swath allows for added efficiency
- VERSATRACK COMPATIBLE: Use the integrated hook to hang this tool directly on the VERSATRACK Wall Organization System (sold separately)
5. Husqvarna Battery Straight Shaft String Trimmer 115iL – Do a lot in little time
This cordless battery-operated trimmer from the house of Husqvarna has a generous 14-inch cutting swath that makes the job of clearing your yard of the weed and grass a matter of minutes.
Husqvarna Battery Straight Shaft String Trimmer 115iL is rather lightweight at about 10 pounds which is distributed evenly, so even your quick tryst with your garden does not become the reason for your back pain.
Installing new strings is fairly easy, even for beginners.
It has a telescopic shaft that makes adjustments to fit your height and build quite a smooth sail.
– Lightweight with a balanced weight distribution
– Brushless electric motor
– Works rather silently
– Cutting swath is relatively larger
– Expensive; one can find better performing option at the same or a little higher price level
Husqvarna Battery Straight Shaft String Trimmer 115iL Features
- Save mode allows you to maximize your run time by allowing the motor to work more efficiently
- Brushless electric motor has an innovative design to deliver high efficiency and maximizes run time while extending life of the tool. Battery voltage - 36.5 V
- The telescopic shaft makes it easy to adjust the products length to find a comfortable working position and provides for easy storage/transport
- Sound pressure level at operators ear: 77 decibels(A) .Ideal for cutting lawn edges or smaller areas of tougher / higher grass and comes with a 2-year Warranty
- The generous 14-in. Cutting Swath makes it easy to accomplish a lot of work in a short amount of time
6. RYOBI 40-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Attachment Capable String Trimmer – the best weed trimmer with the most power
This battery-operated weed eater is powered by a 40-Volt lithium-ion high capacity battery which takes about 90 minutes to get to its full capacity with the charger that comes included in this pack.
The battery lasts long enough if you are doing your own garden.
However, like most battery-operated trimmers, RYOBI 40-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Attachment Capable String Trimmer is not ideal to invest in if you are planning to set up a landscaping business.
It is quite versatile on the sense that you can swap the trimming shaft with a compatible hedge-cutter to manicure your hedge or a prune saw as well.
The edger attachment is also decent can offers quite sharp lines in your driveway.
It has an adjustable cutting swath so if you are to trim a tight space then you opt for the 13-inch option whereas clearing up a large area with the 15-inch cutting swatch makes for a quick yard job.
The powerful motor spins real fast to hack through even the toughest weed within seconds.
– Easy to load string feed
– String feed in not entirely automatic
– Not super lightweight
RYOBI 40-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Attachment Capable String Trimmer Features
- Attachment capable: accepts RYOBI expand-it attachments and other universal gas attachments to save time, money and space
- 40-Volt lithium-ion high capacity battery and 90-minutes charger included
- 13 in. to 15 in. adjustable cutting width for longer run time or wider cutting path
- Reel-easy bump-feed string head for fast and easy reloading
- Variable speed trigger for cutting control
7. Makita XRU15PT1 Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless (5.0Ah) 18V X2 (36V) LXT String Trimmer Kit – The one with the best battery weed trimmer reviews
In today’s day and age, one thing that doesn’t lie (apart from Shakira’s hips) is customer reviews, and Makita XRU15PT1 Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless (5.0Ah) 18V X2 (36V) LXT String Trimmer Kit is the topper in that test.
Let’s start with the impressive power source of this battery-operated trimmer – a pair of 5 Ah batteries which yield 36 V of power together.
Moreover, the kit comes with 4 more extra batteries.
With 3 speed options, this beast at its highest speed offers a mind-blowing 6,500 rpm, 3,500 rpm at its lowest and 5,300 rpm when setting to medium speed.
Even at its lowest this beauty chews up weed and grass effortlessly and consumes lesser juice extending battery life.
With almost negligible sound and vibrations from the motor, you can neaten your yard even in the dim hours of the day without getting complaints from your neighbors.
– Powerful batteries with extra ones as backup
– 15 inch cutting swath for efficient landscaping
– Bump-feed trimmer head
– Speed options
– An investment
Makita XRU15PT1 Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless (5.0Ah) 18V X2 (36V) LXT String Trimmer Kit Features
- 2 Free Batteries with qualifying X2 kits for a limited time (4 batteries included)
- Automatic Torque Drive Technology mode automatically shifts from 3, 500-6, 500 RPM for extended run time or added power
- 3 speed options (Low: 3, 500 RPM, Medium: 5, 300 RPM, High: 6, 500 RPM) for power management
- 15" cutting swath for increased productivity
- Includes bump and feed trimmer head loaded with 0. 080" twisted quiet line
8. BLACK+DECKER LSTE523 Li-On String Trimmer – The best value weed trimmer
BLACK+DECKER LSTE523 Li-On String Trimmer is a budget-friendly gem from Black+Decker that is perfect if you are on a tight budget or have a small yard to take care of or both.
Don’t let the price mislead you as the trimmer comes packed with features.
What stands out is its incredible line feed feature with 0.065 inches string which is great at whacking weed quickly.
It has 2-speed settings – a whopping 7200 rpm at the highest and 5500 rpm at its lowest, making landscaping a rather quick affair for you.
It employs a Power Drive Transmission system which increases the torque as you approach heavier areas of grass or weeds to give you more power to cut through them.
– Adjustable shaft length
– Relatively lightweight
– Flip-to-edge collar makes transitioning from trimmer to edger a smooth sail
– Can be used with other compatible power tools
– A weak battery
BLACK+DECKER LSTE523 Li-On String Trimmer Features
- Converts from trimmer to wheeled edger; Line diameter 0.065 inch
- Power drive transmission for increased torque
- 2 speed control for more power or extended runtime. Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. Nominal voltage is 18
- Easy feed allows you to advance your line with the push of a button with no bumping required
- Part of the 20 Volt MAX System; 1 system endless tasks. Power for your style
9. Snapper XD 82V MAX Cordless Electric String Trimmer Kit with (1) 2.0 Battery and (1) Rapid Charger – the one with advanced performance
If you want one tool that can take care of all your garden worries, then, this is your best bet.
Snapper XD 82V MAX Cordless Electric String Trimmer Kit can convert into a cultivator, hedge trimmer, lawn edger, pole saw and brush cutter.
With a rather robust MAX 2.0 Lithium-ion battery from the labs of Briggs & Stratton 82V, this has enough verve to clear up a large garden in minutes.
Moreover, it has not one but two string attachments to whizz through even an army of string weed like it’s a cakewalk.
You can up its speed to chop off tougher weeds or those areas that are super dense effortlessly within seconds.
And, with a 16-inch cutting swath, expect the job to be done efficiently in a jiffy.
The brushless motor not only offers impeccable performance but also ensure longevity.
This one basically offers the hardcore performance of a gas-fueled trimmer with the convenience of batteries.
– Versatile battery that is compatible with other power tools
– Relatively silent
– Very affordable
– Not the most robust battery
Snapper XD 82V MAX Cordless Electric String Trimmer Features
- Up to 40-minutes run time with the Briggs & Stratton 82V lithium ion 2.0Ah battery
- Dual line bump feed head allows for easy string release when bumped on the ground.Variable speed trigger provides on-demand power to get through the toughest weeds
- Brushless motor provides ultimate gas-like power and performance that is quiet and efficient
- Easy-to-use push button controls with an indicator light. The multi-speed control button allows you to easily adjust to the right speed for your trimming conditions
- 2.0Ah lithium ion battery and rapid charger included; can also be used with 4.0Ah lithium ion battery model BSB4AH82
10. Worx WG162 20V 12” Cordless String Trimmer/Edger, Battery and Charger Included, Black and Orange – the cheap battery trimmer
A close cousin of the Worx WG162 20V 12” Cordless String Trimmer/Edger but a lot cheaper for those looking for a no-fuss option to get their small to medium-sized yard manicured.
The handle as well as the shaft of the trimmer is adjustable to be a custom fit for your comfort.
With a 90° tilting shaft, it can trim of weed from even hard to reach places and sloped very easily.
When it comes to edgin, it has two wheels to give you a precise clean edge.
– There is a built-in phone equalizer.
– Installing the device is a breeze.
– Amazing build quality.
– Issues in playback speed.
Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Turntable Features
- [TRIMMER & EDGER IN ONE] Save time and money with this cordless string trimmer & edger 2-in-1. There’s no need to buy a separate edger
- [CONVERTS IN SECONDS] Just pull the head and the shaft away from each other and twist to turn your trimmer into an edger and back again
- [DO IT ALL WITH THE SAME BATTERY] Worx Power Share is compatible with all Worx 20v and 40v tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products
- [AUTO LINE FEED] Fresh line is just a button push away, so you’ll always make clean cuts and have deep, straight edges
- [PIVOTING HEAD] Tilts up to 90° so you can get under bushes and trim on sloped land much easier than with other trimmers
Best Battery Weed Trimmer Buying Guide
Buyer’s guide to picking the best battery weed trimmer
1. Go for the upgraded lithium-ion battery instead of the Ni-Cad battery.
Lithium-ion batteries are much lighter in weight, offers consistent power output even when the battery is running low, and they are much more durable.
2. Go for straight shaft trimmers like all these mentioned in our list because they do a much better job of balancing its weight and reach even the tightest and trickiest of corners.
3. Cordless trimmers are best because they don’t rely on blades which add extra weight and the hassle of sharpening frequently.
Rather, these beauties use cords or strings to achieve better results.
Anything between 0.60-0.90 inches in diameter is worth your money.
4. Multipurpose trimmers which work as lawn edger too are definitely worth the few extra coins.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Are battery operated weed trimmers durable?
It is not uncommon to see people use these extensively for even half a decade, but they still perform like it’s brand new.
Quality battery trimmers are designed ergonomically and built extremely well to last you a lifetime.
Q2. Are they high maintenance?
A. No! They are very low maintenance.
All you can do its keep it clean by wiping off dust and debris after each use if possible.
Q3. Is it really more convenient than gas trimmers?
A. If you run out of battery all you have to do it put it on another round of charge or swap it with another battery charged fully.
Imagine what happens when you run out of gas?
Battery weed eaters are powerful yet lightweight and convenient for use.
They are much more environment friendly, especially when it comes to their quiet performance and no emission at all.
When it comes to power, this one definitely beats the electric ones while standing at par with the gas one.
So, have you done your yard with a gas grass eater?
How was the experience?
Tell us in the comments below.