Best Asus Router Review
When we grow, we always dream of a bigger home.
This means a home worthy of our family or our home.
If you are soon to transfer to a big house, there are a few basic things you will need to rely on for the fast internet.
The biggest downside is that owning a big house means that with a normal internet connection there is a dead end.
So, you need to evaluate the best router for yourself.
A router allows computers to communicate over larger distances and is one of the most important components of a network.
It carries traffic through the network. It does not replace firewalls or anti-malware measures, but it is usually the first step toward a secure network environment.
If you keep shooting when reaching out in Fortnite or outperforming maneuvers when playing Fall Guys… you’re not going to be good at competitive online games.
Again, if you’ve experienced constant delays while making the important decisions that determine the difference between victory and defeat, your internet connection may be the cause of your slow speed.
Some gamers solve the lag by wiring the device through the Ethernet port, while others cannot resist siren calls from wireless devices and refuse to wire.
If so, you may consider upgrading your wireless router.
In most cases, you may have everything you need to do to achieve an acceptable level of performance, such as moving the wireless router to another location or adjusting the antenna angle.
But when you’re ready to try everything and upgrade, you’ve come to the right place.
There are many options that can enhance your gaming experience, but which gaming router really is the best?
Is it worth showing off on a device that supports the new high-speed Wi-Fi 6 standard?
That’s what I wanted to know.
So I started testing with a personal effort to find the fastest router to improve my internet connection.
This buyer’s guide includes everything we’ve found so far, and we start with the model we think should focus first when searching for the best gaming router.
We have reviewed the best ASUS routers on this list that will find the perfect solution for your needs.
If you’re looking for a great router, Asus’ excellent family of routers should be on the radar, especially since it’s one of the cheapest Wi-Fi routers on the market.
The best ASUS routers don’t just come at an affordable price, but most importantly, they provide gamers with great performance and super-fast speeds.
And since companies have different models to choose from, you can find something about whether you are looking for a personal or business solution.
Here is the stock of our top picks for the best ASUS routers of 2020.
Whatever you need, you can find the perfect device on this list.
Table Of Content
Top 10 Best ASUS Router Printer
1. Asus RT-AC86U
Well, our usual best choice for Asus routers might look like a beheaded robot head-dark red eyes and a messy antina hairstyle-but it’s performance, not looks, we are interested in here.
Asus RT-AC86U offers AC2900 wireless speed, boost range for better Wi-Fi coverage around your home and even game acceleration technology.
In fact, the RT-AC86U has established itself as a gaming router that explains the aesthetics of the game but doesn’t get in the way.
It can be easily set up and looks great.
This Asus router is a last year’s model and hence can now be at a price very less than the launch price.
It’s simply an amazing deal in terms of price/performance ratio.
It’s not equivalent or better than the GT-AC5300, but there’s something inherently fierce about the angular red-eyed angry bee shape of the RT-AC86U.
It’s built as a stand-up with a Gigabit Ethernet port and a WAN port on the back, along with USB 2 and Hi-Speed USB 3.1.
The design is not the most flexible. It must be erected and there is no way to fix it to the wall due to the cable layout.
Asus used this design space to include several buttons on the case to access functions that are usually hidden in the firmware.
You can temporarily disable your device’s Wi-Fi radio.
Unfortunately, only two are possible without the additional 5GHz space to alleviate the congestion.
Turn off the lights with a button on the back with a side button.
– Extensive and great firmware
– Amazing Wi-Fi speed and coverage
– Well priced system
– Difficult and complex firmware
– Divisive looks
Asus RT-AC86U Features
- New-generation WiFi 6 - Enjoy ultrafast speeds up to 5700 Mbps with the latest WiFi 6 (802.11ax) and 160MHz channels
- Mobile Game Mode - Minimize lag and latency for mobile gaming with just a tap on the ASUS Router app
- True 2 Gbps wired and wireless speeds - Aggregated 2 Gbps WAN connections, wired 2.5 Gbps port and WiFi 6
- ASUS AiMesh support – Create a flexible, seamless whole-home mesh network with AiMesh-compatible routers
- Commercial-grade home network security – Lifetime free ASUS AiProtection Pro, powered by Trend Micro, with WPA3 and advanced Parental Controls to protect your home
2. Asus RT-AC66U
For those who can’t expand their budget with the full heroes above, the Asus RT-AC66U is a cheaper option in pounds that offers an impressive level of performance for the price.
The RT-AC66U is easy to use, and the speed is amazing if it’s a completely old router right now (which is why the price has been cut in half compared to the original RRP).
You can also use a variety of features, including adaptive QoS to prioritize internet traffic.
If you think of this as an Asus router that can do its job without effort, you don’t even risk breaking the bank.
The range is a big selling point for this router.
This ASUS router can reach 0.25 miles or more.
Also, the USB interface is great.
– Amazingly impressive performer
– Easy quick-to-do set up
– Can be easily used
– Gets a bit long in the tooth
Asus RT-AC66U Features
- 1GHz CPU powers dual-band 3x3 802.11ac Wi-Fi technology for speeds up to 1750Mbps and wide, responsive coverage for large homes. Coverage area - 3,000 square feet
- Monitor and manage your network with ease from your mobile device using the intuitive ASUS Router App; Firewall：SPI intrusion detection,DoS protection
- Effortless router setup with ASUSWRT web-based interface. OS Support - Linux,Windows 8,Windows 10,Windows 7 ,Mac OS X or higher,Windows 8.1,Windows XP
- Integrated USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports enable printer sharing throughout your network and remote file access with AiCloud 2.0 support
- AiProtection Powered by Trend Micro provides multi-stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data
3. Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300
Now gamers are a bit of a curved ball in that they are well served by the best all-in-one router above, the Asus RT-AC86U, and a great value proposition.
But if you want to spend more money on the ultimate gaming router, you need the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300.
This is a really great gamer version of the RT-AC5300, and like this model, it offers powerful triple-band Wi-Fi coverage thanks to its eight antennas.
Of course, gamers swear by wired connections, but wireless is still important for general use (and gaming on mobile devices).
Speaking in terms of wires, the GT-AC5300 has more than 8 LAN ports, twice that of the RT-AC5300, and slightly higher specs (e.g. twice the memory) elsewhere.
It also includes advanced features including adaptive QoS for gamers and acceleration to improve connectivity.
As a gaming router, it really flies, but it’s not the cheap-this router has been around for years now, but it’s a lot cheaper than when it was first released.
The RT-AC5300 mentioned earlier is a great and slightly cheaper alternative, but at the time of writing, the price difference is very small, and for us the obvious choice is ROG.
– High speed indeed
– Comes with Game acceleration features
– Provides strong Wi-Fi coverage, too
– Not very cheap
Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Features
- Tri band (Dual 5 GHz, single 2; 4 GHz) with the latest 802; 11AC 4x4 technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5, 000 square feet )
- Mu memo technology enables multiple compatible clients to connect at each client’s respective maximum speed; Supports every operating System, including Windows, Mac OS and Linux
- Built in ACCESS to Waist gamers private network (GPN) of route optimized servers ensures low, stable ping times for gaming; Printer Server ; Multifunctional printer support (Windows only)
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides multi stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data
- ASUS Smart Connect delivers consistent bandwidth by dynamically switching devices between 2; 4 and 5 GHz bands based on speed, load and signal strength ; NOTE : Refer the user manual ; WAN Connection Type: Internet connection type : Automatic IP, Static IP, Pepo(MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP.DC Output : 19 Volt with max; 3.42 A current
4. Asus RT-AX88U
It uses the latest wireless standard 802.11ax (newly renamed Wi-Fi 6, but the manufacturer still uses the “ax” label) to get the fastest Wi-Fi speeds while still maintaining a relatively inexpensive model.
It’s not cheap, but it will. You will always be ready to pay for the latest technology.
This Asus RT-AX88U offers ultra-fast 5GHz speeds, and 802.11ax technology helps improve performance in crowded wireless environments (many devices are used over Wi-Fi).
However, to get the most out of the router’s ax speed, you need a client device that also supports 802.11ax, and not that many right now (Samsung’s Galaxy S10 smartphone is one).
But the good news is that even with 802.11ac devices, the Wi-Fi performance is still very fast.
– Truly fast Wi-Fi speeds
– Provides the latest tech
– 8 LAN ports provide ultimate wired connectivity
– Not so cheap
Asus RT-AX88U Features
- Next gen Wi-Fi standard 802.11Ax Wi-Fi standard for better efficiency and throughput; ultrafast Wi-Fi speed 6000 Mbps Wi-Fi speed to handle even the busiest network with ease
- Certified for Humans – Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple.
- Wider usage and more convenience 4 antennas plus 8 LAN ports to support more clients at the same time
- Commercial-grade security – AiProtection powered by Trend Micro blocks internet security threats for all your connected smart devices
- Better partner with mesh system; compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi-Fi system for seamless whole home coverage’s support: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7, Mac OS X 10.8
5. Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000
If budget is not your concern and you want a top-of-the-line Asus router full of the latest whistles and bells, then here’s it.
The Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 is a gaming model as the ROG brand implies, and the device has gaming enhancements, but it’s suitable for anything you want, not just online gaming.
Like the AX88U above, it supports 802.11ax. 802.11ax is the latest wireless standard (Wi-Fi 6) that offers very fast speeds even across large homes (it has 8 antennas to help cover Wi-Fi).
It also has an Ethernet port for 2.5Gb gaming, which is another cool innovation.
With a wealth of features including adaptive QoS for traffic prioritization and parental control, you get a very reliable router that copes well with potential network congestion (thanks to 802.11ax).
That said, you are paying for all of this.
– Extremely swift performance
– Loaded with tons of features
– Very costly
Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Features
- Triple level game acceleration accelerate game traffic With device, game packet and game server prioritization
- Cutting edge hardware offers the best performance 1.8 GigaHertz Quad Core cpu and 2.5 G gaming port for ultimate performance
- Your own gaming mesh network Compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi Fi system for seamless whole home coverage.Memory:256 MB Flash,1 GB RAM
- ASUS wrt enables support for open, advanced monitoring and control which includes device bandwidth utilization as well as device or usage prioritization
- ASUS AiProtection security to neutralize internet threats before they hit your network
6. Asus AC1900
3×3 Dual Band Gigabit Asus AC1900 Wifi 4-Port with AiProtection is supported by Trend Micro RT-AC68U is one of the fastest Wi-Fi routers in the world with a dual-band data rate of up to 1900 Mbps.
The 5GHz band provides 802.11ac standard at 1300Mbps for gigabit wireless data rates, while the supercharged 2.4GHz 802.11n band provides up to 600Mbps.
Built-in USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports allow you to connect USB-enabled devices such as external storage drives, printers, or 3G / 4G units to your ASUS router and share it via Wi-Fi. Keep your network safe.
ASUS RT-AC68U provides dual-band data rates of up to 1900Mbps.
1300Mbps 802.11ac 5GHz delivers gigabit wireless data rates.
Broadcom TurboQAM technology is compatible with 802.11n 2.4GHz performance up to 600Mbps.
– Enhanced and stabilised signal range
– Competitive performance
– Manual configuration
Asus AC1900 Features
- Dual band with the latest 802; 11 AC 3x3 technology for combined speeds of up to 1900 Mbps
- 1 GigaHertz dual core CPU enables smart multitasking by dedicating separate lanes for Wi Fi and USB data; Network standard: IEEE 802; 11a, IEEE 802; 11B, IEEE 802; 11G, IEEE 802; 11N, IEEE 802; 11AC, IPv4, IPv6. Memory: 128 MB Flash; 256 MB RAM
- Effortless router setup with the ASUSWRT web based interface; Dual band connectivity for compatibility and performance
- Monitor and manage your network with ease from your mobile device using the intuitive ASUS router app
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides multi stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data; Please refer the installation manual and the user manual before use which is highly essential; Dc output: 19 Volt with maximum 1; 75 a current; Guest network: 2; 4 GigaHertz x 3, 5 GigaHertz x 3
7. ASUS AC2900
Designed to deliver amazing networking performance, ASUS AC2900 features a dual-core 1.8GHz processor with the latest 802.11AC MU-MIMO technology.
Get the most of your online experience with Adaptive Qu power gaming, Waste custom gaming network, and built-in Protection Network.
Use the ASUS router app to manage your network on the go.
Wi-Fi technology is 20/40/80 MHz bandwidth.
Note If you are experiencing issues with 5GHz network connection, please ensure that your wireless device supports 5GHz or offers dual-band capability.
Trend Micro’s protection provides built-in 24/7 protection from external attacks and threats, neutralizing them before they reach your network or connected devices.
Manage your network with the ASUS router app.
You can also set up your network, manage usage and parental controls, and get instant notifications of important network-based events.
For best results, the connected equipment must be compatible with 802.11 ac.
AC input: 110V 240V (5060Hz).
– Provides great coverage
– Easily configurable
– Tricky setup
ASUS AC2900 Features
- Dual-band (2. 4 + 5 GHz) AC2900 wireless router with the latest 802. 11AC MU-MIMO technology for data transfer speeds up to 2900 Mbps
- 1. 8GHz 32bit dual-core processor optimizes network traffic and connectivity speeds from the USB 3. 1 Gen1 and 4x Gigabit LAN ports
- Designed for lag-free online gaming and flawless 4K UHD streaming with WTFast game Accelerator and adaptive QoS; Product Segment: AC2900 ultimate AC performance: 750+2167 Mbps
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides built-in 24/7 protection from external attacks and threats, neutralizing them before they reach your network or connected devices.DC Output : 19 V with max. 1.75 A current
- Manage your network with the ASUS router app – setup your network, manage usage and parental controls, even get instant notifications about important network-based events. Connected devices must be 802. 11 ac-compatible for best results. Ac input: 110v240v(5060hz)
8. ASUS RT-AX3000
Next-generation WiFi standard OFDMA and MU-MIMO, with next-generation WiFi 6 technology providing speeds up to 2.7 times faster than previous generations of WiFi, ensuring the future of your home network.
The ultra-fast Wi-Fi-ASUS RT-AX3000 supports 160MHz and 1024-QAM bandwidth, so the total network speed is 3000Mbps – 575Mbps in 2.4GHz and 2402GHz in 5GHz.
The Most Powerful Networking System – With AiMesh technology, you can build a more robust WiFi network system with ASUS AiMesh-compatible routers to ensure stable and seamless home coverage.
Upgrading to next-generation networks and WiFi networks with the RT-AX3000 WiFi 6 router can provide speeds up to 2.5 times faster than previous generation WiFi.
It uses the latest technology including OFDMA, MU-MIMO, and Adaptive QoS to ensure a wider range and maximum speed for all devices.
– Very speedy network
– Can be setup easily
– Good for small networks
ASUS RT-AX3000 Features
- The Next Gen WiFi Standard - Future proof your home network with the next-gen WiFi 6 technology, providing up to 2. 7x faster speed than the previous WiFi generation featuring OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology.
- Ultra-Fast Wi-Fi - RT-AX3000 supports 160MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM, boasting a total network speed of 3000 Mbps - 575Mbps on the 2. 4GHz band, and 2402GHz on the 5GHz band.
- The Most Powerful Mesh System — AiMesh technology allows you to establish an even stronger mesh WiFi system with other ASUS AiMesh compatible routers, ensuring stable and seamless whole home coverage.
- Commercial-grade network security for family - AiProtection Pro protects all the connected devices on your home network and advanced parental controls allow you to manage the family's internet usage.
- Mobile App Support - Control and customize every feature at your fingertips using the ASUS Router App for both iOS and Android devices.
9. ASUS RT-AX56U AX1800
Next Generation WiFi 6 Standard – Supports the latest Wi-Fi 802 11AX (Wi-Fi 6) standard and 80MHz bandwidth for better capacity and efficiency.
Super Fast WiFi Speed- The ASUS RT-AX56U AX1800 supports 80MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM for the fastest wireless connections.
The total network speed is around 1800 Mbps (2574 Mbps in the 4 GHz band and 1201 Mbps in the 5 GHz band).
Increase Capacity and Efficiency – Supports MU-MIMO technology as well as OFDMA technology to efficiently allocate channels for simultaneous communication with multiple devices.
Get indulged with the experience of the WiFi 6802 11ax performance with RT-AX56U with MU-MIMO OFDMA and other exclusive ASUS features.
– Provides you your full speed
– Great stability, speed and coverage
– No USB access to AiMesh nodes
ASUS RT-AX56U AX1800 Features
- Next-Gen WiFi 6 Standard - Supporting the latest Wi-Fi standard 802 11AX (Wi-Fi 6) and 80MHz bandwidth for better capacity and efficiency
- Ultrafast WiFi Speed - RT-AX56U supports 80MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM for dramatically faster wireless connections With a total networking speed of about 1800Mbps — 574 Mbps on the 2 4GHz band and 1201 Mbps on the 5GHz band
- Increase Capacity and Efficiency - Supporting not only MU-MIMO but also OFDMA technique to efficiently allocate channels communicate with multiple devices simultaneously
- Commercial-grade Security - lifetime free AiProtection powered by Trend Micro blocks internet security threats for all your connected smart devices
- Better Partner with Mesh System - Compatible with ASUS AiMesh WiFi system for seamless whole-home coverage
10. ASUS RT-AX92U AX6100
ASUS RT-AX92U AX6100 Wi-Fi 6 Tri-Band Router, Trend Micro AiProtection Pro Network Security, AiMesh Compatible Wi-Fi, Adaptive Quality of Service, and Parental Control.
Rich and easy management controls, easy device prioritization, enable VPN support, and more.
The RT-AX92U is one of the few tri-band routers on the market that uses a single Wi-Fi standard for each of the three bands.
If you use multiple devices in your AiMesh setup, we’ll dedicate the fastest Wi-Fi 6 bands with a dedicated splice to connecting devices.
As a result, it performs similar to Wi-Fi 5. Specifically, as a single router, 2×2 Wi-Fi 6 clients can currently connect at 2.4Gbps and 4×4 Wi-Fi 5 can connect at up to 1.73Gbps.
As a network, all wireless clients get a top speed of 867 Mbps.
This is the theoretical speed and the actual duration speed may vary.
– Somewhat faster and better than a Wi-Fi 5 mesh counterparts
– No pre synced hardware
ASUS RT-AX92U AX6100 Features
- Wi-Fi 6 ax technology – with ofdma and MU-MIMO, AiMesh AX6100 Wi-Fi system enables more efficient, stable, and faster transmission even when multiple devices are transmitting data at the same time.
- Certified for Humans – Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple.
- The most powerful mesh system – AiMesh technology allows you to establish an even stronger mesh Wi-Fi System with 802. 11Ax technology as wireless backhaul to transmit data between other Asus AiMesh compatible routers, ensuring the most stable possible Wi-Fi for connected devices.
- Commercial-grade network security for family – AiProtection Pro protects all the connected devices on your home network and advanced parental controls allow you to manage the family's internet usage.
- Mobile device app – monitor and manage your network with ease using the Asus router app on Android and iOS; see which devices are connected, share Wi-Fi, reboot your router, enable game boost mode, schedule parental controls and more.
Best Asus Router Buying GuideRouter limitations A high-speed router does not necessarily improve streaming performance for Netflix and YouTube videos. On any network, data moves at the speed of the slowest connection. In most cases, the slowest connection for internet traffic is the connection between your home and your internet service provider. Booster club If you wish, you can sign up for a faster connection from your service provider. Unless you’re paying for connection speeds of over 200Mbps, it’s unlikely to stand up to the performance of most routers. Mesh Network If your modem is in the corner of your home, even with a router that has a lot of productivity, you cannot guarantee a good connection from the other side of your home. In this case, the solution might be a mesh network consisting of two or more routers operating in harmony. This system enhances the wireless repeater by expanding the network range without sudden slowdowns. LAN port The LAN port is used to connect the computer to the router using an Ethernet cable. Many smart home devices connected to the Internet, require a hub connected to the LAN port to function. If you need more LAN ports than your router, you can expand the available number by adding Ethernet switches. USB port If your router has a built-in print server, the router’s USB port is used to connect to a flash drive, external hard drive, or USB printer. Quality of Service (QoS) It is also known as media prioritization or traffic control. If you are the type of person who likes to play around with PC settings, you will appreciate the flexibility this feature provides. Depending on what you are doing at what time, you can optimize the performance of your router. For example, you can change the settings to suit video broadcasting, making Skype calls, playing games, or broadcasting music. For example, a Netflix movie won’t pause or crash because someone in the house is downloading a large file. Application-based management Almost all new routers come with apps to simplify the task of setting up and modifying WiFi networks. This application allows you to monitor devices connected to the network and set which devices are given priority. These apps can also warn you when your router has an update.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I find my Asus router username and password?
A. Open a web browser and enter http://192.168.
1.1, http://192.168.0.1, http://192.168.0.
2, or http://10.0.0.1 according to your individual configuration.
3. Sign in to the browser-based utility.
The default username and password is “admin”.
Q2. How often should the router be replaced?
A. Every 3-4 years
It is generally recommended to upgrade to a new router every 3-4 years.
This shows how often people usually upgrade devices like smartphones (every two years) and computers (every 3-4 years).
Q3. How do you know if your router is bad?
A. Go to lights
Routers usually have a set of lights on the front of the device.
This light tells you if your router is working properly.
Indicators usually show features including power, internet connection, and Wi-Fi signal strength.
Q4. Do wireless routers get worn out?
A. The router unit wears out due to heat stress.
The heat generated by routers that power many devices can damage internal wires and components.
If you have a large family these days, your regular home dinner might look something like this:
Check out the latest Netflix series in the living room, one of the kids’ games upstairs, and your husband uploads vacation photos.
From the office to Facebook.
Routers are desktop computers, laptops, smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, and streaming media devices such as Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and Roku.