Best 40 Inch TV Review
There used to be a time when 40-inch TVs were not pretty famous as an option in mainstream TV manufacturing, but over the years top brands like Samsung, Sony, TCL, Hisense, etc have started manufacturing television models in this range.
The key focus of these brands is offering exceptional quality TVs in a cheaper price range, thus fitting your budget.
Most of these televisions offer voice controls, 4k UHD Resolution, digital entertainment, Roku Platform, and other applications like Google Assistant and Alexa.
You will find most of the TVs preinstalled with famous online streaming applications like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Apple TV, and Youtube.
With a plethora of choices available in buying a new 40-inch television, we understand that choosing the right one that might fit your preference and desires the best can be a tricky task.
Hence we have listed the best quality TV sets and have briefed their best features to help you make a sound decision.
We have also mentioned their pros and cons and a buying guide to make it easy for you to make the choice of the television best for you.
So let us get started with the list.
Table Of Content
Top 10 Best 40 Inch TV
1. TCL 40S325 40 Inch 1080p Smart LED Roku TV
TCL is one of the most renowned names in the market of smart TVs and its technology.
They have delivered some great quality products in the past at a reasonable price.
The TCL 40S325 40 Inch smart TV is yet another great TV that this brand has in for you to offer.
It is a smart TV that provides access to all the popular streaming platforms- Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc.
This TCL Television supports various kinds of browsing options like – applications, Cable, Satellite, etc.
It means that you have the freedom to access all the possible entertainment options whenever you want, depending on your requirement.
This makes this TV very versatile and approachable to a broader audience.
Switching from one mode to another is not a big task as it has been made seamless and very convenient with the help of dropdown menus.
Another fantastic feature available with this TV is that by using the Roku app on your phone, you can use your phone as a TV remote in case of emergency or for those who desire the phone as a more compatible option.
To take the user experience even higher, the TV is equipped to work with Alexa and Google Assistant to help you have even more control over the device.
The other features that come with the TV are the HDMI input, the USB port, and Rf.
– Roku compatible.
– Provides Voice controls with Google Assistant and Alexa.
– HDMI, USB and Rf inputs are available.
– Not compatible with Bluetooth.
– No 4K UHD support.
TCL 40S325 40 Inch Features
- Easy Voice Control: Works with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to help you find movie titles, launch or change channels, even switch inputs, using just your voice. Also available through the Roku mobile app
- Smart Functionality offers access to over 5,000 streaming channels featuring more than 500,000 movies and TV episodes via Roku TV
- 1080p Full HD Resolution excellent detail, color, and contrast
- Direct lit LED produces great picture quality with 60Hz refresh Rate for fast moving action scenes with virtually no Motion blur
- Inputs: 3 HDMI, 1 USB, RF, Composite, Headphone Jack, optical audio out
2. SKYWORTH E20300 40″ INCH LED
SKYWORTH E20300 Android TV is the most affordable option on our list and is worth buying just like its name.
If you aren’t one of those who makes a decision based on the brand name, then you can certainly go ahead with this option as the price is unbeatable.
As the name suggests, it is an Android TV, which means it will support all the possible applications on it.
It is even compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa, helping you gain even more control of the device.
The device’s video quality is very good, and it offers you 1080p HD quality, which is fantastic for the given price range. There are ample HDMI ports on this TV too.
The inbuilt Chromecast makes the TV compatible with all your smart devices.
But in case you have an Apple device, then you will have to download an additional miracast app to let your device support your TV.
Making use of the Bluetooth, you can connect all your Bluetooth supported devices, including great quality speakers and soundbars, to enhance the sound quality exponentially.
This device’s remarkable feature is the 178-degree viewing angle, which gives you a tremendous quality viewing experience irrespective of your sitting position with respect to the TV, which is a rare feature for a device at this price.
These features combined help this TV feel like a home theatre at the most minimal price range possible.
– Provides Voice control.
– Offers seamless Bluetooth connectivity.
– Doesn’t provide inputs for video.
– Compatibility with IOS is a bit shaky.
SKYWORTH E20300 Features
- The Skyworth premium 1080p HD LED Television offers perfect picture quality and sound. A TV made for the future with it's premium LED panel and A53 quad-core processors for both Graphics and power. Modern thin design frame design, Durable alloy with the Gilt color and Sand-blasting
- The infinity A53 quad-core processor brings you infinite seamless technology to your home. The chipset is packed with quicker loading time for all your apps, games and content
- Control Your Smart TV with Google Assistant - Use your voice to watch live TV, launch apps, search for titles, play music, switch inputs, and more.
- Ultra high Definition upgrade watching experience to a new level with 8. 1 million pixels and high quality video decoding technology
- Infinity Screen 2.0 with bezels as small as 1mm | The Infinity Screen design Width of TV frame is minimized to become invisible from a distance | Resembles a theater environment which features a full viewing experience
3. Hisense H55 Series Android Smart TV
If you don’t wish to continue with a cable or the satellite TV, then Hisense H55 Series makes for an excellent option for your requirement.
The inbuilt Roku option gives you access to all the preinstalled streaming platforms like- Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and an unlimited range of movies and shows.
This TV is entirely compatible with your smart devices such as your phone or your smart speaker and helps you enable various desirable features by merely using the voice control feature.
Both Google Assistant and Alexa can be used with this device to take the device’s user compatibility to another level.
The product provides a 1080p display and an excellent sound quality to give the viewer an immersive viewing experience.
This TV has various ports such as an Audio port, HDMI port, etc.
This TV is nothing less than a gift for game lovers too as it provides a dedicated game mode for an excellent quality lag-free gaming experience.
– Voice control compatible.
– Pre-installed Applications.
– Separate game mode to enjoy lag-free games.
– Doesn’t support Bluetooth.
– Inputs on this device are a bit lower than expected.
Hisense H55 Series Features
- Inputs & Outputs: 2 HDMI ports, 1 Ethernet port, 2 USB Ports (v 2.0), 1 Digital Audio Output (Optical), 1 RCA Composite Video Input, 1 L/R Audio Input for composite
- Measuring 35.6 x 20.4 x 3.2 inches and 12.8 pounds (35.6 x 22.4 x 8 inches with included stand, LxWxH and 13 pounds), the 40h5500f has a 1-year manufacturer's warranty, and includes a remote (batteries included), power cable, and quick start guide.
- Enjoy crisp, immersive audio from the two 7-watt speakers and DTS studio sound virtual surround sound, or wirelessly connect a compatible sound bar, headphone, or stereo components using built-in Bluetooth connectivity.
- Enjoy all the key moments in fast-paced sports, movies, and games with motion rate 120-image processing, minimizing picture lag to create a clear image without motion blur.
- The vesa measurements for this TV are 100 x 200 millimeter / m6, for wall mounting purposes. Wall mount sold separately.
4. Hisense H4 Series LED Roku Smart TV
Hisense H4 Series 40-inch LED TV is one of the best Smart TV options available as it ticks all the boxes right.
Starting with the picture quality, it is incredible as the TV offers 1080p picture quality.
The sound quality is unbelievable as it offers DTS TruSurround sound using the inbuilt TV speakers.
It is compatible with Roku and has inbuilt Wi-Fi of its own, making it ideal for those who love accessing the streaming platforms.
If you are one of those who love to have it all- streaming, cable, satellite, and games, this is your ultimate desire.
You can enjoy all these features with the same device and change according to your need and desires.
For the gamers, this TV makes up for a great option as it helps in providing them with a fantastic gaming experience without causing much lag or jitter in their overall gaming experience.
The inbuilt Roku features help you access the device with both your Android and iOS devices, allowing you to have even more control over the device.
The product is compatible with both Google Assistant and Alexa, helping you gain even more control over the device.
This device is a mecca of content as it will provide you with almost 5,000 streaming channels and 500,000 movies, which is a fantasy of every content consumer.
– 1080p picture quality support.
– Comes with built-in Wi-Fi
– Supported with Roku
– Doesn’t have a long term warranty.
– Many people who tested found gaming to be a bit laggy on this TV.
Hisense H4 Series Features
- Combining rich 1080p picture quality, intuitively smart Roku TV platform, built-in Wi-Fi, and innovative technologies, Hisense H4F series smart TVs are great for all your needs—streaming, cable, satellite, gaming, and free over-the-air TV
- Enjoy all the key moments in fast-paced sports, movies, and games with motion rate 120-image processing, minimizing picture lag to create a clear image without motion blur
- Roku TV's simplified home screen and streamlined remote provide easy to access your cable box or HDTV antenna, one-touch access to favorite channels and streaming services, and access to over 5,000 streaming channels and 500,000 movies and TV episodes
- Control the TV with your iOS or android device via the easy-to-use Roku TV remote app, or use your voice to power your TV on and off, change channels, search for shows, and more through an Alexa-enabled device or google assistant (both sold separately)
- Measuring 35.6 by 20.4 by 3.2 inches (35.6 by 22.1 by 8 inches with included stand, LxWxH), the 40H4F is backed by a 1-year manufacturer's warranty, and includes a Roku remote (batteries included), power cable, and quick start guide
5. VIZIO D40-D1 D-Series
VIZIO D40-D1 D-Series 40 Inch 1920 x 1080 Full Class Array LED Smart TV is a new smart TV equipped with all the modern features expected from a smart TV.
Manufactured with the most exquisite design, it’s an excellent TV to look at.
This TV offers a full Hd picture quality of 1080p resolution to enjoy your favorite content with the utmost clarity of vision.
The device is packed with a full-array Led, which gives you unbeatable picture quality.
The inbuilt Wi-Fi that comes along with the TV helps you enjoy free access to VIZIO Internet Apps Plus, which means you can make the most of all the great streaming content at your fingertips.
Suppose you are a sports lover or enjoy delving into action films, in that case, the device’s enhanced motion clarity will help you enjoy even the smallest of details of the picture using the enhanced motion clarity with 60 Hz effective refresh rate and powerful image processing.
With this device, you can connect your phone or smart tablet with your TV screen and enjoy using all your favorite applications.
A feature that sets this device apart is that it offers an energy-efficient model to save your electricity bill.
– Energy-efficient device.
– Enhanced motion clarity with true 60 Hz refresh rate.
– 1080P resolution.
– The warranty period is a bit less.
VIZIO D40-D1 D-Series Features
- 1. VIZIO Internet Apps Plus - Instantly enjoy the latest hit movies, TV shows, music and even more premium apps straight from the Internet to your TV.
- 2. Full-Array LED Backlight - Distributes LEDs behind the entire screen delivering superior light uniformity and picture performance.
- 3. Built-in Wi-Fi - Connect with high-speed wireless for easy, clutter-free access to VIZIO Internet Apps Plus.
- 4. Clear Action 240 - Enhanced motion clarity with 60 Hz effective refresh rate and powerful image processing for stunning sharp detail in sports and fast action scenes.
- 5. 1080p Full HD resolution - Enjoy high-definition TV with a crystal-clear picture.
6. Sansui FHD DLED TV (S40P28F)
This Sansui FHD DLED TV (S40P28F) is a wonderful TV you should watch for.
It comes with a FHD display supporting 1080p resolution making it a great TV for watching your favourite content.
The display also provides a 178° wide angle of view.
This makes it possible to see the contents on TV clearly from every angle.
The elegant design of the TV will definitely make heads turn.
The sound is also decent on this television and will account for a great audio-visual experience for you.
– Fast loading interface.
– An ample number of ports included.
– Good product for the given price.
– Sound quality is just decent.
7. Sceptre 40″ Class FHD (1080P) LED TV (X405BV-FSR)
The name of the company may seem a bit flimsy or untrustable, but the television it is providing is not.
The Sceptre 40 (1080P) LED TV (X405BV-FSR) comes with a razor-sharp clear resolution screen that supports up to 1080p resolution content.
The display also provides a 60Hz refresh rate which is great for watching movies and TV shows.
MEC 120 provided in the device will make every scene of the come true to life.
There are ample ports provided with this device such as a USB port, HDMI input, VGA input, audio jack, etc.
This TV sits in between the conventional old TVs and the flagship modern TVs.
– The display is very crisp and rich in colour.
– Ample input ports.
– Sound quality is just okayish.
– Most reviews have suggested that customer care is not that good.
Sceptre 40″ Class FHD Features
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories. The typical power consumption is 36.75 watts,maximum power consumption is 75 watts and in standby mode,the power consumption is less than 0.5 watts
- Connectivity technology: 3 HDMI, USB, Composite, Bluetooth, VGA
8. VIZIO D-Series 40” Class Smart TV – D40f-G9
Find a universe of amusement with this VIZIO D-Series 40” smart TV.
It gives simple admittance to streaming applications, for example, Netflix as well as excess to 100 free channels.
It has a Full HD display, full-exhibited LED backdrop illuminated display and compelling refresh rate which provides vivid picture quality.
This VIZIO TV has a USB port and HDMI ports to associate external media sources.
– Support for a large group of streaming services.
– Lifelike picture quality.
– Sound quality is not that good.
– Build quality may seem flimsy.
VIZIO D-Series 40” Features
9. Samsung UN40MU6300 40-Inch Class 4K UHD Smart LED TV
Samsung is one of the most famous names globally as they have been providing their users with an excellent viewing experience over all these years of their existence.
The new Samsung UN40MU6300 Ultra HDTV is a great smart TV that offers you a wide variety of features that will enhance the viewer’s overall TV viewing experience.
This is a full HD TV. The technology of this TV helps you view the screen with the highest quality of colour patterns.
If you love watching sports or action films, this TV makes for a great option by providing fast-moving content with a Motion Rate of up to 120Hz.
You can even use this product for other uses, like connecting to your monitor.
Though this TV has many features, it is still straightforward as it is extremely user friendly.
It offers you various HDMI ports for you to attach your devices with the product.
A remarkable feature of this product is that it allows you to record stuff, which means if there’s something you wish to store for later use, then you have the option to do so.
– Provides a great resolution.
– Ample HDMI port.
– Screen recording feature.
– Remote may feel a bit cheap.
– The warranty period is a bit short.
Samsung UN40MU6300 Features
- 4X more pixels than Full HD means you’re getting 4X the resolution, so you’ll clearly see the difference.
- See vibrant and pure color for a realistic experience;Dimming Technology : UHD Dimming
- OneRemote automatically detects and controls all your connected devices and content with no manual programming required*.
- Smooth action on fast-moving content with Motion Rate 120. Maximum power consumption is 115. DTS premium sound present
- Please note the differences between the MU6300 and the MU630D. MU6300: Black cabinet, 450 nits HDR sustained brightness, Mega Dynamic Contrast MU630D: Dark Titan cabinet, 430 nits HDR sustained brightness, Ultra Dynamic Contrast
10. TCL 40FS3800 40-Inch 1080p Roku Smart LED TV
TCL is a trendy TV brand that makes and sells the most popular products in the country of America.
They have dominated the TV market for a very long time.
This is the reason this is the second TLC product that we have on our list.
Like the previous one, even this TCL 40FS3800 40-Inch 1080p Roku Smart LED TV makes for an excellent television option.
This product has been manufactured using the best technology that currently prevails in America.
Both TCL and Roku have collaborated to provide the user with the best quality streaming service they could ask for.
Here they are given endless entertainment and have the option to make a choice from more than 4500 streaming platforms, which provides an unlimited supply for TV, news, music, fitness, etc.
This device promises you a visual quality of 1080p Full HD resolution.
The led enabled in the device enhances the visual experience of the user exponentially.
The device comes with various inputs for- HDMI, USB, RF, Headphone Jack, and audio.
These features will help the viewing experience improve significantly.
– 1080p Full HD resolution.
– Multiple inputs provided.
– 4500+ streaming platforms supported.
– Doesn’t provide a long warranty period.
– Customer care is not very good.
TCL 40FS3800 Features
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 35.9 x 22 x 3.2 inches, TV with stand: 35.9 x 20.5 x 7.9 inches
- Smart functionality offers access to over 4,000 streaming channels featuring more than 450,000 movies and TV episodes via Roku TV
- 1080p Full HD resolution for a lifelike picture
- Direct lit LED produces great picture quality
- 120Hz refresh rate allows fast moving action scenes to be seen with virtually no motion blur
Best Water Heater Buying Guide
Following are the things you should be keeping in mind.
The most important feature that people look for in their TV nowadays is the streaming service support.
An ideal smart TV supports all the popular streaming sites that a viewer might desire.
The critical thing to note here is that not all the television manufacturing companies that claim their product to be the smart TV offer this feature.
Their television might support some streaming sites, which makes them selective and not a universal option.
Therefore one should properly clarify the TV’s compatibility before investing in one.
If you have decided to bring home a smart TV, then the first thing you need to research is your internet connection.
A smart TV is nothing but useless if deprived of an excellent internet connection for it to run on.
To avoid yourself bearing the sheer disappointment over this issue, you need to clarify from both your internet service provider and the TV manufacturer about the compatibility of your internet connection with the TV you are going for.
Netflix’s basic requirement of the functionality on your TV set uninterruptedly is around 25mbps bandwidth Internet, but it can vary on various factors.
The superior speed will depend on the distance between the Wi-Fi router and the TV set placement inside your house.
If the distance is a lot, then only a mesh Wi-Fi system or a long-range router can solve your needs, for which you again need to do the required research.
Another issue that you might face is perpetually exhausting your internet plan; therefore, you should pay utmost attention to the plan that you have, as the significant portion of it is going to get consumed in just a little amount of time due to streaming platforms that you will be operating on your TV set.
Smart TV features
While choosing the best smart TV for yourself, people research stays limited to the streaming services, and they end up overlooking various offers factors that a smart TV ought to provide you.
These services are what make for an ideal smart TV. Your smart TV should be compatible to support your desirable voice assistant to control it better.
The other feature ideal for a smart TV is providing a desirable home automation platform.
The inbuilt speakers which come along with a 40 Inch TV though, provide a fair amount of sound quality and can have a better experience if you are willing to shed a few extra bucks.
To have even more control over the sound quality and produce an atmosphere of your desire, you can invest in an excellent quality soundbar.
A soundbar will significantly enhance your TV watching experience by providing you with an HQ level sound.
Many TV companies promise to deliver a Dolby level sound quality in their TV sets using the inbuilt features, which is nothing but a blatant lie.
There is no doubt that the speakers might provide some excellent quality sound, but they can’t deliver Dolby level sound quality.
They do have enhancements by Dolby which bring them close to the real Dolby level.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is a 40 inch TV big enough?
A. This completely depends on what you are looking for from your television set.
For a normal viewing on the wall, it is a great size if the distance between the TV and the viewer is around six to seven feet long.
Q2. What is a good size TV for a bedroom?
A. Well, this depends on the size of your bedroom and also the distance that might be there between the TV set and the place where the viewer sits.
If we consider the normal room size, then all the TV sets that lie between the range of 40-60 inches make up for a perfect viewing experience.
Q3. Why buy a 40-43 inch TV?
A. If you hold apprehensions regarding investing in a 40-inch TV set, we have listed some fantastic features that this size guarantees you:
The 40-43 inch size somewhere lies between the petite sizes like- 32 inch and the larger sizes like the 55 inch.
The smaller sizes are tiny and don’t provide a great viewing experience and have fewer uses.
The 55-inch ones go perfectly if you have a vast living space or wish to experience a home theatre sort of experience.
But if you are one of those whose needs lie between these two extremes, then 40 inch TV makes for a great option.
A 40 inch TV set is generally not considered the primary stream TV size by most renowned companies.
It comes with its own set of advantages and makes up for an excellent experience for those whose requirement it might fit.
With the apprehensions that you might hold for this size, and the plethora of advice and offers available in the market, you might have your share of doubts.
Hence, in this article, we have tried to address all your concerns and doubts and have listed the best possible TV sets for you to make a choice from based on what you require from your television set.