Today, 3D printing is producing fast as flash supercars and robust fighter jets to dainty tissue prints and affordable prosthetics.
And, in the near future, we will see this blessing of technology in every industry possible, ranging from fashion and food to pharmaceuticals and computing.
Wondering how 3D printers work their magic? Surprisingly, it isn’t rocket science.
The procedure is fairly simple and starts with a 3D model which could either be a brainchild of a coveted designer or a middle-schooler.
3D modeling software is quite essential in the making of the model.
Once the model is completed, the software is again used for “slicing” the model horizontally into thin layers.
Once the image in your file is sliced, it is on to the 3D printer to bring it to life.
Most businesses are going to benefit from these beauties exponentially in the near future.
Acumen Research and Consulting predicts that the global 3D printer market will stand at a whopping $41 billion by 2026.
Now is the time to invest in the best-priced 3d printer. So, here are our picks of the best 3d printer under 500.
Table Of Content
Top 10 Best 3D Printer under $500
1. Official Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer – Value for Money6
This bad boy under $500 Official Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer comes with a strong aluminum body with a revamped design which has shifted the cooling fan to the bottom of the unit through alteration of the control box.
As a result, it has brought significant improvements in the printing stability of this stunner.
Voltage spikes and power outages will not dampen the performance of this printer from Creality.
Moreover, the UL certified brand power supply amplifies the power, thereby, minimizing temperature fluctuations resulting in a stable output.
So, no stormy weather is stopping your creative genius.
The hotbed not only heats to a scorching 110°C up in a flash, thus, enabling the user to make use of high temperature and high strength filaments to construct their design.
– Better and faster heating system
– Easy to install and operate
– Robust power supply
– Minimized bad extrusion
– Relatively noisy
– Comes partially assembled and requires the user to put it together.
Official Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer Features
- Upgraded Version: It comes with extra glass plate, Cmagnet build surface, and also MeanWell power supply. The Ender 3 Pro boasts the same outstanding performance as the Ender 3, upgraded components make this 3D printer more stable, durable and easier to operate.
- MeanWell Power Supply: Equipped with UL certified MeanWell power supply, which is produced by the listed company with mature technology, and it meets all the needs of fast heating and long-time 3D printing.
- Remove Easily:Our all new magnetic bed surface for easy model removal is included stock on the Ender 3 Pro. Easily remove the magnetic print surface from the hotbed and remove models with no spatula or razor necessary.
- Semi-Assembled Kit: This easy-to-setup kit comes partially assembled, allowing you to learn about the basic construction of 3D printers as you finish putting it together. A fun STEM educational experience in mechanical engineering and electronics.
- Official Creality 3D Amazon store. All of our products come with a 18 Months limited replacement part and lifetime technical support.We provide original part for after sale.more than 20 engineers provide professional customer service.
2. ANYCUBIC Mega-S New Upgrade 3D Printer – Best Patented Ultrabase
The standout ANYCUBIC Mega-S New Upgrade 3D PrinterANYCUBIC printing platform offers incredible adhesion while printing.
And, at the same time removal of the form after cooling is absolutely effortless.
The next thing that makes this beauty a fan-favourite is its modernized extruder, which works with meticulous precision with a large variety of compatible printing materials.
It has made clogging a thing of the past.
Its sophisticated filament sensor pauses and alarms you as soon as the machine runs out of filaments or if it breaks off.
A savior of a feature that will save you a lot of time and money.
The printer features a state of the art TFTtouch-screen making this gem a user-friendly affair for beginners and pros alike.
– Filament rack makes for an organized workspace
– Setting up the printer is a matter of 3 steps
– Decent build volume
– Compatible with a variety of materials
– Print pops off effortlessly
– The manual leveling is a learning curve for beginners
ANYCUBIC Mega-S New Upgrade 3D Printer Features
- Works Out Of the Box, 3 steps to set up ANYCUBIC Mega S 3D printer with 8 screws and 3 cables for minutes, not only meets fast assembly needs for expert users but also friendly use to beginners, The rigid metal frame can minimize the shaking to improve the print quality
- Upgraded Extruder Design, Titan extruder provides precise extrusion for your 3D printing with solid filament drive and overall mechanical design compatible with most filaments, greatly reducing the clogging risk and improving printing accuracy
- Resume Print and Sensor Detection, Mega S 3D Printer can resume printing after power outage or any other unexpected stoppage, One click to resume from the last recorded position when suffering power outages, And the sensor pauses prints and sets off an alarm when you run out of filament which greatly saves time and cost, printing volume reaches 8.27 x 8.27 x 8.07 inches
- ANYCUBIC Ultrabase, Patented 3D printer printing platform surface coated with patented microporous coating, with excellent adhesion when printing and then effortlessly falls off the bed when it cools to room temp at the end of the print
- More Function, TFT Touch Screen, As responsive as operating on the phone, All ANYCUBIC 3D printers backed with lifetime technical support and 24 hours professional customer service
3. ADIMLab Updated Gantry Pro 3D Printer – Best Performance Giant for Professionals
Weighing at a massive 24.3 pounds, ADIMLab Updated Gantry Pro 3D Printer is reinforced with aluminum double guide rail structure making it a Colossus in the world of printers.
Thus, this 3D printer from the house of ADIMlab is perfect for professional use and industries.
This pro-3D printer is capable of using a plethora of materials for printing ranging from natural wood and wax to PLA-CF carbon fiber, ABS, TPE soft rubber consumables, just to name a few.
Its new and improved design now features dual fans to cool down the hot end.
In addition to that, the new E3D extruder is more durable, stable, smooth and works with dexterous precision.
– Excellent build quality
– Effortless and quick assembly
– Spacious print surface
– Impeccable print quality
– Bed leveling is a challenge for some
– There is a learning curve for beginners
ADIMLab Updated Gantry Pro 3D Printer Features
- 90% pre-assembled 3d printer, dual Z-axis motors and dual Y-axis tracks, supply eccentric nuts to fasten the X/Y/Z pulleys or carriages, make the movement more stable and accurate
- Titan direct extruder and dual fans to cool the hot end, make the extruder system more stable and wear resistant. The operation is more convenient and concise, easy to change filament, and the extrusion is smoother and more precise
- Lattice glass is on hot end, make it easy to leveling and first layer stick and get off, the connector for the bed wire will be strong enough to withstand reciprocating motion
- Supply resume print and filament run out detection functions, Customer can upgrade the auto leveling& touch screen& wifi functions by self, ADIMLab will supply the methods
- ADIMLab Gantry Pro 3d printer includes:
◆The hot bed with Lattice Glass Platform
◆24V15A UL Certified Power supply
◆Titan direct extruder with head light
◆V5/V6 metal hot end with 2 fans on
◆Filament run out detector
◆MKS main board with resume print and Expandable extruder port
◆3 inch LCD Display
◆4G SD card and Tools
4. JGAURORA Upgraded A5S 3D Printer – The Best Bargain for beginners
Propel your child’s creativity with JGAURORA Upgraded A5S 3D Printer made to fit urban homes perfectly with its chic yet strong steel alloy build.
The fast and simple assembly process is a boon for beginners at home and school.
With a hotbed which heats up to a decent 100°C, it makes for very safe use for school goers.
A power failure will not be a hindrance to your creative process with this beauty.
It can resume printing seamlessly from where it might have stopped in case of an unfortunate power cut.
An interactive and colorful touch-screen is not only aesthetically pleasing g but also makes using this 3D printer a cakewalk even for the young operators.
If you have had a printer which doesn’t alarm you when it runs out of filament, then you know the real hassle of multiple failed prints ending up in the trash.
With the filament run-out detection of this JGAURORA wonder, you can put those worries to the grave.
– A smart design fit for home or school use
– Effortless set-up
– Runs smoothly even during prints taking long hours
– Not fit for materials that have a melting point above 250°C
– The compact size is not fir for humongous prints
JGAURORA Upgraded A5S 3D Printer Features
- JGMAKER 3d printer upgraded A5S has large build size: 305*305*320mm （12*12*12.6in）
- Filament RUN-OUT detection : The machine beeps when filament runs out to remind you to change new filament quickly
- BDG Heated Platform: Allows easy removable of printed model and save masking tape .
- Power Failure Protection: Resume print from where the last print was stopped due to power failure.
- Fast assembly, it comes with two big modulars : the frame and the Y-axis box,15mins set up, suit for school and home.after sales service in US :(806)269 0498
5. TRONXY X5SA 3D Printer – Best for those struggling with bed leveling
Even for pros who have been using 3D printers for a fair time span, it can be a real challenge to get a perfectly leveled bed to kick start the printing with a smooth first layer.
Thankfully, TRONXY X5SA 3D Printer gave some heed to the agony and came up with a design which is blessed with an auto-leveling bed sensor.
It allows the user to set an accurate z offset, making the job of laying the first layer a smooth sail.
Warping is a common problem which results in a catastrophic end to all your printing efforts.
A simple yet effective solution is to improve bed adhesion.
The non-warping print tape is the secret of creating the best adhesion bed to avoid warping of prints.
This gem from TRONXY is also reinforced with a sensor to alarm you when the printer runs out of filament.
– Bed leveling is truly a child’s play with the efficient sensor
– Resumes print immediately after power failure
– User-friendly touch-screen interface
– Excellent print quality
– Takes longer to print
– Assembling can be a learning curve for beginners
TRONXY X5SA 3D Printer Features
- Core XY structure design, full belt drive, higher stability and printing accuracy, ensure the quality of the model; Dual Z-axis design, increase the bearing capacity of the hot bed, reduce errors in printing, and print more finely.
- X5SA DIY assembly, providing complete parts and tools. The paper manual, SD card with an electronic version of the instructions and a link to the installation video. Assemble and debug by yourself, enjoy the fun of DIY assembly, possible to achieve unlimited innovation and transformation of appearance and performance, so as to meet your ideas and creativity. This process takes some time to install, debug and learn, which is quite challenging for novices, more recommended for experienced user.
- Silent motherboard and high quality power supply. TRONXY silent motherboard adopts German imported TMC ultra-quiet motor drive chip,allowing the printer always running at low decibels. 360W high-quality power supply, the power supply system is more stable and safe.
- Full functions, support Automatic leveling, Manual leveling, Filament detector, Power failure resume to print functions and other basic functions.
- If there is any questions when installing and using the 3D printer, you can contact us.TRONXY provides 1 year warranty and lifetime technical support and 24-hour professional customer service.In case of holidays, the after-sales service will reply asap on working days.(contact us: Your Amazon Buyer Account> Click Your Account> Your Orders> Find your order and click Contact Seller)
6. ELEGOO Mars UV Photocuring LCD 3D Printer – The Best-Selling Resin Printer
This hi-tech gem from ELEGOO uses resin to print the most complex structures with laser precision.
And uses UV light for curing the resin.
ELEGOO Mars UV Photocuring LCD 3D Printer offers exceptional print quality with a multitude of materials.
The CHITUBOX of the printer allows the user to hollow out the forms they are printing, thereby saving a lot of resin in the process.
Quite interestingly, you won’t even need a computer to carry out quality print jobs.
Its innovative integrated computer board can print right from a USB.
The sturdy aluminum design comes with an LCD screen and an acrylic cover to give it elegant looks alongside protection.
– Incredible detail and high resolution
– Fuss-free set up
– Slicing is done within a flash
– Very user friendly even for absolute beginners
– Keep alcohol handy to clean up the sticky resin residue
– It might give off a resin smell
ELEGOO Mars UV Photocuring LCD 3D Printer Features
- 【Fast Printing and less maintenance】Mars 2 comes with a 6.08 inch monochrome LCD of 2K HD resolution and only takes 2 seconds per layer exposure to cure resin, which could significantly enhance your printing efficiency. Mono LCD has a much longer lifespan and stable performance during long term printing, thus saves your cost.
- 【Outstanding prints and ultra accuracy】Brand new light source structure provides more even UV light emission and working together with 2K mono LCD, the printing details and precision are greatly improved and the 3D printed models are fascinating.
- 【Sturdy build quality】CNC machined aluminum body makes Mars 2 a very formidable machine. Newly-designed sandblasted build plate has a much stronger adherence during printing and enables consistent printing success.
- 【Multi language interface】Mars 2 now supports 12 kinds of languages so customers across the world could operate the 3D printer more conveniently without barriers. The newly added 10 languages are Japanese, Dutch, Korean, French, German, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Turkish and Portuguese.
- 【Warranty and Service】We provide a 1-year warranty on the whole printer and 6-month warranty for the 2K LCD (FEP film is excluded).
7. FDM 3D Printer Kit Pyramid A1.1 – The most silent performer
For those living in rented apartments or dense urban neighborhoods knows the struggle of using a noisy 3D printer which wakes up the whole city every time you turn it on.
FDM 3D Printer Kit Pyramid A1.1 from FDM is specially built to work with perfection in SILENCE.
With its substantial printing are, you are not restricted to create designs that are all miniscule.
Print big, now!
It also has an offline mode with an SD slot so you can carry out your printing process even without connecting it to a computer.
– Affordable 3d printing is made possible with this 3D printer
– Easy installation
– A stable bed which stays leveled up
– Decent volume size
– It does not come with a leveling sensor. However, it can be installed separately.
– Works with limited filament materials
FDM 3D Printer Kit Pyramid A1.1 Features
8. SUNLU 3D Printer DIY Kit – The most stable budget 3D Printer
This inexpensive SUNLU 3D Printer DIY Kit comes integrated with not one but two Z axis motors which impart incredible stability to the printer during high-speed printing.
Its built-in branded power supply ensures uninterrupted high-quality printing even in homes and offices which face frequent power cuts.
It is ideal even for kids because of how easy it is to install it.
This printer is one with one of the largest printing space enabling users to print the smallest to the largest of prints floating in their imagination.
– One of the largest printing volume for printers under $500
– A removable glass bed make taking off prints a dream
– 3D replication are precise
– It has sensors to level the bed automatically
– The SD card that holds the sample files is slow. Try clearing it out before using.
– Nylons filaments that work at a temperature above 260°C is not suitable for this printer.
9. ANYCUBIC Photon Zero 3D Printer – the most precise printer
Another resin from the house of ANYCUBIC that will change the definition of high resolution in the world of 3D Printing.
If a miniature model with acute precision is your passion, then this resin 3D printer is your best bet with 16x anti-aliasing effect.
It also offers a uniform distribution of the UV light resulting in even structures.
– Great adhesion with sanded aluminum printing platform
– An upgraded cooling system results in better prints and a longer life
– Excellent software support
– UV cover offers decent visibility while masking resin odor significantly
– Restricted build plate
– No extra resin included in the kit
ANYCUBIC Photon Zero 3D Printer Features
10. QIDI TECH X Plus 3D Printer – the best industrial printer
If you want a printer which combines futuristic performance with an ultra-modern design while still being under $1000, then your search should end with QIDI TECH X Plus 3D Printer.
Capable of working with the most advanced filament materials such as nylon, carbon fibre and PC, its affordable price is sure to amaze you.
Quiet printing? Check.
Wi-Fi connection? Check.
Air purification? Check.
Breakpoint printing? Check.
Simply put, this is a 3D printer of dreams with every fancy feature imaginable.
– Perfect for industrial use
– Double extruder design to handle all kinds of materials
– Popping out the printed form is super quick and easy
– Incredible customer support
– Extruder needs to be swapped every time you use a filament that requires heat above 250°C
– Software can do with some minor improvements
QIDI TECH X Plus 3D Printer Features
- The X-PLUS with pioneered creation of two different ways for placing the filament. Ventilative printing or enclosed constant temperature printing for you to choose when printing the different types of filament.
- The X-PLUS 3D Printer Kit comes with two different types of extruder assembly. The extruder A had already been installed on the printer. The max printing temperature is 250C, and it can works well with PLA, ABS, TPU. And for extruder B, free to you if you need. The maximum printing temperature is 300C, and can print Nylon, Carbon Fiber, PC. (The latest development, free trial).
- Double Z-axis driver, ensures more stable and more precise printing quality when you print large model size. Higher configuration 3D printer.
- Latest slicer software version 5.0: Redesigned UI interface of QIDI software is smarter and more convenient to operate. It has changed the software's slicing algorithm and improves the print quality by 30 percent and speed by 20 percent. The QIDI software is compatible with all types of QIDI printer, life-time free, an alternative to paid software.(If yours is the old version, please download the latest version on QIDI official website).
- Backed by with One-to-one QIDI TECH service. If you have queries about 3D Printer, feel free to contact our exclusive and fast support service team, we'll reply back to you within 24 hours. Free One-year warranty is also guaranteed.
Best 3d Printers Under 500 Buying GuideThere are 2 main types of 3D printers – (i) Fused Filament Fabrication or FDM printer, and (ii) Resin Printers – available in the market for consumers who are not keen on spending thousands of dollars. FDM printers are perfect for beginners at home and school for rapid printing and prototyping. On the other hand, consumers expecting printed models with ultra-smooth surfaces retaining extreme detail will need a resin 3D printer like ELEGOO Mars UV Photocuring LCD 3D Printer to achieve that goal. Resin printers are mostly used in the world of cosmetic dentistry and jewelry design. When it comes to pricing, you do not have to sell an arm to buy a decent printer. The above list of 3D printers offers efficient performance at affordable prices. A beginner should invest in those printers that are easy to install like the JGAURORA Upgraded A5S 3D Printer. For those with a little experience and a curious bone, a DIY 3D printer kit is the way to go. There are two popular types of filament materials – Poly Lactic Acid (PLA) & Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS). While PLA is resistant to warping, it has a low melting point which can cause model to deform. ABS, on the other hand, are more stable but has a higher chance of emitting toxic fumes while printing. Place your printer in a well-ventilated place. Air purifiers are also a healthy addition to space. Printer with built-in air purifier like QIDI TECH X Plus 3D Printer is also worth the few extra coins. Take note of print resolution and speed to get high-quality products. is worth the hype when it comes to printing sharp forms.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What material should I use?
A. Most home printers do well with the classic PLA and ABS filaments.
Industrial printing can make use of a magnanimous variety of materials.
Q2. What color filaments should I buy?
A. Stick to neutral colors like white, grey or black starting out if you do not wish to paint or prime your creation further.
Q3. What software should I use?
A. If you are starting out, it is better to stick to the software that is offered or recommended by the printer brand.
Q4. What is infill?
A. The structure printed inside the model is known as infill, which gives it strength.
However, if you want to save up on filament, then hollow models are the way to go.
Q5. How big of an object can I print?
A. It depends on the printing volume of your printer.
You can print objects with a width that is slightly smaller than the printing bed.
One can also print the model in sections.
With the rapid advancement in this field, it would be an understatement to say that the market is getting replenished with new printers every other month.
It can get quite overwhelming, especially for beginners to find their best match. And a bad printer can put off a new user from the whole craft.
So, our tip here is to read up extensively about 3D printing and printers alike.
Watch tutorials and videos online.
All of this will help you understand your needs.
Once you understand what you want your printer to do, and more importantly, what you do not want from it; you can go ahead and invest in one of the beauties from the list above.